Mangrove Jack Craft Series Yeasts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the Burton Union in an ESB and it was great. Really highlighted the maltiness.

M07 British Ale 2nd generation took off like a rocket and was done in 3-4 days. 1051° to 1012° ie 5.2%. Today is day 13 and tomorrow the bottling day. Very bright clean tasting wort.

M03 Newcastle dark ale was as fast a starter in a 1038°, still in the FV. I mashed this very high temp 74°C and now after 11 days it is at 1013° and 3.3% but reached this already after 3 days.

Next beer will be a 1060° with Burton Union yeast. Very happy so far how these yeasts behave and taste.

Thanks lads. Just did an inventory and found I have more wheat and more pilsener than I thought (or generally use). So it looks like a S&W PA clone or something involving large amounts of galaxy and nelson sauvin flowers and lighter malts is in the off.

I'll save the Burton Union yeast for the next beer (possibly a stout) that's British I'll do.

@DeGarre, let us know how it goes with a 1060 beer - that's apparently over the 'tipping point' of when these alleged flavours start to come in.

Brewed up a double batch of APA yesterday.

Malt: Maris Otter, Carahell, Carared, Carapils

Hops: Amarillo, Cascade, Citra

O.G. 1.050

Collected 2 x 21 litres into plastic fermenters

Pitched rehydrated US05 in one fermenter, rehydrated MJ West Coast in the other.

Will report the results in a couple of weeks.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Thanks lads. Just did an inventory and found I have more wheat and more pilsener than I thought (or generally use). So it looks like a S&W PA clone...
Such a good beer.

DeGarre said:
M07 British Ale 2nd generation took off like a rocket and was done in 3-4 days. 1051° to 1012° ie 5.2%. Today is day 13 and tomorrow the bottling day. Very bright clean tasting wort.

M03 Newcastle dark ale was as fast a starter in a 1038°, still in the FV. I mashed this very high temp 74°C and now after 11 days it is at 1013° and 3.3% but reached this already after 3 days.

Next beer will be a 1060° with Burton Union yeast. Very happy so far how these yeasts behave and taste.
Did you rehydrate the Newcastle?. Let us know how it tastes. I'm keen to try it.

Dry-pitched both of them and am going to do the same to 1060° ale.

18hrs after pitching 2x packs of m44 in 23L of 1.060

No sign of life.

I'm starting to pucker!

Mine took 36 hours before there was any clear activity. Was definitely worrying but it got going eventually.

If nothing by tomirow night. Then its two packs of 04. Nor correct for an aipa but at least its beer

law-of-ohms said:
If nothing by tomirow night. Then its two packs of 04. Nor correct for an aipa but at least its beer
It's a slow start yeast I have found...will be a test for your sanitation techniques.

Bottled the mild (newcastle dark ale m03 yeast) today and used some of the slurry for pizza dough...the bugger trebled in size!

Some of the slurry will go to a future brew.

It's ALIVE!!!

It did take off by the morning, this is 24hrs into a visible ferment.

2014-04-14 17.23.32.jpg

HoppinMad said:
Brewed up a double batch of APA yesterday.

Malt: Maris Otter, Carahell, Carared, Carapils

Hops: Amarillo, Cascade, Citra

O.G. 1.050

Collected 2 x 21 litres into plastic fermenters

Pitched rehydrated US05 in one fermenter, rehydrated MJ West Coast in the other.

Will report the results in a couple of weeks.
Make sure you post the results, mate.

I pitched two packs rehydrated M44 into a 1050 APA last night. Just krausening now after 28 hours. Looking forward to trying this yeast.

DeGarre said:

M03, again very clean clean and neutral, the 3.3% mild is very sweet as intended, slight smoke from the rauch malt. Good energy drink after jogging. I have the slurry in the fridge and will most likely brew a bitter with it.

To add, M03 is a bit slower to drop bright but not as bad as S33.

I have two active ferments. A dark ale with newcastle dark and one APA with a bit of crystal. only hops are 2g/l @ 15. Used the west coast one on it. Seemed a little on the slow side as the ferment only started just now, 24 hours later. (it seems slow becasue im used to pitching active starters :D )

Latest posts

Back