Maltshovel Hop Thief

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony's beer will be OK if they're sealed in the light-tight carton, and if they weren't on the top or edges of the pallet.

:lol:

no need

they are gone like the wind :p

I thought it was a nice beer. If you want a hoppier beer than that........ brew one.

I dont see any point in comlaining about a beer released by an Aussie brewery that had hop flavour, aroma and bitterness. And some malt in there too :eek:

Oh the horror.

im looking forward to the next one

cheers

I got mine from IGA liquor in Carrum Downs Victoria... was in there again today and they still have some

I got mine from IGA liquor in Carrum Downs Victoria... was in there again today and they still have some
Iv'e got an IGA bottlo near me so will check it out tomorrow.

Cheers.

I had some out of the tap at the Portland when they were giving it away a few months ago. (Thumbs up for releasing a beer in that manner.)

I reckon they call it Hop Thief because it steals hops away from beers more deserving of them... :p

Frankly, it wasn't their worst beer, but I reckon they could have done better. I've not been inspired to buy it in bottles.

I think people hyped it up too much, it copped a bashing at a ISB brew day just after it's release so much so I didnt even try it. However a few weeks later I tracked down a few 6 packs and bought the last of what was in store, drank a few and enjoyed them quite a bit.

The name HOP THIEF made us beer snobs think it was going to be the next LCPA, how ever it wasnt.

I had an LCPA a week or so ago, that was just as disappointing as the Hop Thief. My palate has moved on to hoppier places :lol:

Latest posts

Back