Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Mangrove Jacks APA Recipe no 15 surprise packet

Discussion in 'General Brewing Techniques' started by Papad, 14/6/19 at 10:26 AM.

1. Papad

Posted 14/6/19 at 10:26 AM
    Hey there

I've just cracked my MJ APA no 15 brew and I got a bit of a surprise. The packet said it would be:

'Crisp and dry, bursting with tropical fruit aromas. Great balance between complex fruit and malt tones, followed by an intense bitterness.'

I've found it to be more like a ruby porter style beer: deep brown/red in colour, malty with a bit of fruit and spice. Definitely not tropical. I've done a few APA's now and was quite surprised at this one. Not what I was expecting. Maybe they put the wrong extract in this pouch?

The fermentation when smoothly and there were no hang ups anywhere.

It's a nice drop and I'll polish it off no worries - just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this product (see link below).

Cheers

https://mangrovejacks.com/collections/craft-series-brewery-pouch/products/american-ipa-with-dry-hops