Making Mexicancerveza (corona)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulwolf350

Reaction score
Gday, I have decided to make a mexican Cerveza and hope it to turn out something like corona. I have a Coopers mexican cerveza Kit, it suggests to use brew enhancer 2. I would have thought malt added to this style of pale beer might alter the flavour and style of beer.

I was going to use 600 dex 400 maltodex in this coopers cerveza kit, should I use a malt/dex/maltodex blend as suggested? Does anyone have any recipe for this beer?

Paul

Gday, I have decided to make a mexican Cerveza and hope it to turn out something like corona. I have a Coopers mexican cerveza Kit, it suggests to use brew enhancer 2. I would have thought malt added to this style of pale beer might alter the flavour and style of beer.

I was going to use 600 dex 400 maltodex in this coopers cerveza kit, should I use a malt/dex/maltodex blend as suggested? Does anyone have any recipe for this beer?

Paul

I have a recipe which I did and it tastes exactly the same out of the fermenter...

I used a brewcraft mexican cerveza
Brecraft #15 brewblend
8 grams hallertau finishing hops
Saflager S-23 yeast

Then dry hopped 10 grams Saaz pellets into the fermenter after about a weeks time...

Will definately be a good one for the summer

I have a recipe which I did and it tastes exactly the same out of the fermenter...

I used a brewcraft mexican cerveza
Brecraft #15 brewblend
8 grams hallertau finishing hops
Saflager S-23 yeast

Then dry hopped 10 grams Saaz pellets into the fermenter after about a weeks time...

Will definately be a good one for the summer

Righto, any idea whats in brewblend #15? I will go and buy a lager yeast to use

paul

Righto, any idea whats in brewblend #15? I will go and buy a lager yeast to use

paul

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea, they say its a mix of LDME, dextrose, and corn syrup... Should be able to buy online...

I dont mean to sound like an arsehole but if you searched for cerveza or corona you would get so many pages of info its not funny.

heres the longest of them all (288 replies worth of recipe ideas)

heres another (54 replies).

suprisingly enough its probably one of the most requested megaswill recipes (with TED and VB close behind).

The info in the threads above should provide you with all the info you could ever need on corona/mexican cerveza.

PS Dont bother with brewblends and BE2 etc, just buy the bulk ingredients and measure out your own quantities. it allow for tweaking

Absolutely agree. Not only can you tweak, it is much cheaper as well.

Just for your info, if you were unaware, BE2 is (considered by many to be) 250g ldm, 250g maltodextrin and 500g dex. BE1 is 600g dex, 400g maltodextrin. But as I said, its cheaper to mix your own.

Its not cheaper when you have to pay $10 for 500 grams of dried malt, and a brewcraft kit converter is only $7!!!

Otherwise I would agree, but just justifying why I buy kit converters...

Might need to leave it out in the sun for a bit, to make it more authentic ;)

I'm guilty of drinking Corona as well, but only in countries where it's $5 for a pail of 4 with ice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 400g maltodextrin a little too much for a cerveza?

I agree, 400g is a bit much, the style really is best when it doesn't have a huge amount of body

I've just placed an order with CraftBrewer (sponsor) about half an hour ago and while scrolling through the hop varieties, happened across the same hop that's used in Corona, namely Galena. (linky) then I read this thread and thought "aha". Craftbrewer postpack anywhere in Australia or the Galaxy for that matter... worth using as a finishing hop for a Cerveza style. While you're at it you could pick up a nice yeast as well. :)

Latest posts

Back