Mackay (qld) Hbs/micro Breweries/on Premises Brewing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt mellum

Reaction score
Hi All,
have had a look around and can't seem to find any info (apart from yellow pages). About to move to Mackay (actually coal fields 2 hrs west) and need to know three very very important things.

1. Home brew shops worth going to? (worth going to means interested in true customer service and helping me improve my brewing. If i want to serve myself a k&k, I'll shop at woolies)

2. Micro breweries or pubs with their own? Any around Mackay/Whitsunday? (townsville has a beauty at the top of the mall)

3. And finally, any "u brew its", "brew by u's" or similar on premises brewing?

Any advice getiing appreciated.

sori mate haven't been in mackay for 14 years, although there was a decent lil pub across the road from customs house.

Hi All,
have had a look around and can't seem to find any info (apart from yellow pages). About to move to Mackay (actually coal fields 2 hrs west) and need to know three very very important things.

1. Home brew shops worth going to? (worth going to means interested in true customer service and helping me improve my brewing. If i want to serve myself a k&k, I'll shop at woolies)

2. Micro breweries or pubs with their own? Any around Mackay/Whitsunday? (townsville has a beauty at the top of the mall)

3. And finally, any "u brew its", "brew by u's" or similar on premises brewing?

Any advice getiing appreciated.

gday,

i lived in Mackay for a few years and the only one i can think of is The Keg on shakespear st, unless they've progressed you're really better off using Craftbrewer or the other sponsors above.

I used to work with a bloke who said there was a decent HBS in Cannonvale (sp) near Airlie Beach, I'm guessing you're out around Nebo, Glenden, etc.

Cheers

gday,

i lived in Mackay for a few years and the only one i can think of is The Keg on shakespear st, unless they've progressed you're really better off using Craftbrewer or the other sponsors above.

I used to work with a bloke who said there was a decent HBS in Cannonvale (sp) near Airlie Beach, I'm guessing you're out around Nebo, Glenden, etc.

Cheers
moranbah, was at Middlemount for a bit and tried the keg. was mainly K&K advice with some malt extracts etc. nice enuff guy but not very inspirational.

can't belive there's not a micro or on premises up there given the demographic, Airlie is a bit too backpacker/guzzler but surely the islands have demand for premium beers?

cheers

Back