Lots of spent grain ? Malt Biscuits!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_guy

Reaction score
Made my first AG BIAB - had 5 kgs of spent grain - SWMBO knocked up a ton of kinda Anzac biscuits
Look up an Anzac biscuit recipe and sub in the grain for oats

.... how'd it go?

I reckon the chewiness of oats would be a bit hard to substitute. I always give my spent grain to the chooks.

They are good - not quite as chewy but don't expect them to be Anzac biscuits
Bloody good biscuits just different

I make Anzac biscuits on brew days, my kids love them!!

The only downside is the husks, you always seem to be left with a couple in your mouth

There are some recipes on the net on how to turn spent grains into dog biscuits, but I just tip them on the compost and let the chooks hook in.

damn it !!

i was going to do some biscuits with my "next batch" forgot and tipped it in the bin this morning :(

"anzac's" would have been perfect....

Might have to fill a cube or something so i can make some this week :)

I make bread in the bread machine. It seems the darker grains make a yummier bread.

i have to agree with DaveHQ about the husks. :D

Do you dry the spent grain before adding to recipe, or do you just throw them in wet? I ask because it makes a big difference in the bread machine bread.

Token said:
Do you dry the spent grain before adding to recipe, or do you just throw them in wet? I ask because it makes a big difference in the bread machine bread.
Just chuck em in, very quick & easy to make.

I came into this thread thinking there's going to be a recipe or directions for making yummy spent-grain biscuits, but alas there's nothing!

Edak said:
I came into this thread thinking there's going to be a recipe or directions for making yummy spent-grain biscuits, but alas there's nothing!

Plain old anzacs recipie and sub out oats for grain

Latest posts

Back