Looking to make 19L Portable Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyg8

Reaction score
Hey guys, Heading away camping for the easter weekend and Im looking to make a portable single keg setup for a 19L keg.
Ive got a spare regulater, soda stream bottle.

Need some sort of bin, barrel or tub that would fit a 19L keg. Any suggestions?

Can just grab a soda stream adapter and a cheap tap or use my bronco tap.

I just bought a miracle box conversion kit which comes with this coil. If you have / can make / buy something similar, and have a spare esky, you could make a miracle box. I put mine together on the weekend and will be giving it maiden run while camping next week.

I was more looking at making something to have the keg sit inside and just add ice ect

I have 2 portable set ups one is a 70L techni ice esky that stands on its end with the gas/beer line coming out the bung and a pluto gun for dispensing. The cheaper set up is a 60L wheelie bin (from the hardware store or the discount/$2 shop) cut a hole in the lid, line with a Styrofoam broccoli box and then plug the gaps with expanding foam. The techni ice esky does hold ice longer, although last time we out drank the ice.

Here's one I renovated http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/86939-portable-kegerator-reno/

med_gallery_7015_1300_31695.jpg

Here's a thread all about them http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/75335-portable-single-keg-set-up/

I built this insulated top to sit on top of a 60 lt Techni Ice. Easily unscrews and folds flat for transport.

tqgSITK.jpg

Fits 2 kegs in it as well, which unless you're only camping for one night, you'll probably need the extra...

hey matty,get yourself a styrofoam zucchini or broccoli box,Glue the lid on then cut a lid with s hole in the end to fit the keg'Pic should explain it all.
Cheap and effective,one bag of ice keeps it cold for two days if keg cold to start with.Excellent for psrtys,camping etc.
Copied mine off florians I think.

DSCF2686.JPG

Ive got a 50L keg with the top cut out that i acquired from somewhere
put keg in, fill with ice, drape towel over

I just used what i had.

mostly pick em up from fruit and vege shop.
Cost = $00.00

Picked up a Styrofoam box and placed the keg inside. Not sure how much ice will fit inside as doesn't look like much room.

Just realized I gave me old co2 regulator to a mate. My Keezer has a keg king c02 regulator that is connected to a manifold. I could use this for the weekend to help keep costs down. Otherwise I have a mini co2 regulator that I use on my tap king dispenser which uses soda bulbs. It came with a gas disconnect.

It will hold 1 x 4kg bag of ice that I have had last for 2 days,no probs.
Get your keg cold cold first tho.

Cheers thanks for that.

Now just need to decide how to gas for serving, I will just use my bronco tap and keep the beer line in the Styrofoam box.

Having a look at whats available, has many people had much luck with the john guest push in fittings? Was thinking I could just use one of these in between my regulator and manifold to easily disconnect the regulator to use on portable setup

I love that thing that earle built.

If you are able to get your hands on some 300mm sewer or stormwater pipe, it can make for a great porta keg.

Mine is gassed via a sodastream bottle setup.

That is great bjbear. How tall is yours?

And how long does your ice last?

I'm camping in a couple of weeks as well. Got a couple of Lite N Easy boxes cut out as per Florian's method. They fit perfectly as well and will just serve with Bronco taps and CO2 chargers.

Long shank for tap so it comes over the edge of the box looks the goods Florian, but might be asking for too much trouble. Might stick to the KISS method this time round.

Latest posts

Back