Looking to bulk buy sanitizer advice needed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buy a brewing product, they come in bulk for breweries.
saying that it has taken me 7 years to get down to a third of a bottle of star san.

memainmon said:
First wondering if there is any reccomendations for buying sanatizer in bulk?
Also wondering what people thought of the following sanitizer and if it would be safe to use

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bleach-Oxigen-Bleach-Sodium-Percarbonate-Hydrogen-Peroxide-Oxiaction-20Kg-Powder-/231268216986?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item35d8a8f09a

Looks like sodium percarbonate which is a great cleaner with some antibacterial properties. Best used in conjunction with a sanitiser like starsan.
There is a Melbourne based bulk buy of pure sodium percarbonate (25 kg bags) which should work out to around to less than $40 a bag if the last one was anything to go by.

Check the bulk buy section for details. Unless you really need bulk (commercial brewing operation etc), starsan is extremely cost effective and a single bottle lasts a long time.

As others have suggested, if you're after a sanitiser, you cannot go past Five Star Star San.
A big bottle will last you a very long time, if used at the proper dilution rates.

Just threw my first empty bottle of starsan in the bin on the weekend. 500ml/24bux and it lasted a year of excessive use. I reckon my new 500ml bottle will last 4 years.

looks like star san is the way to go, is this widely available or best off the net? Any idea on cheap suppliers (will buy in large bottle)

as I've already said at .7ml per 500 ml of water you won't find better.

memainmon said:
looks like star san is the way to go, is this widely available or best off the net? Any idea on cheap suppliers (will buy in large bottle)
Site sponsors like craftbrewer. Available in 1 L bottles but dilution rate is 1.5 mL starsan conentrate per L water. Only needs to contact surface, re-usable as long as it's clean and the pH is right.

Back