• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Looking For Tooheys Keg Coupler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudy

Reaction score
hello everyone,

desperately seeking a tooheys keg coupler (at the right price of course) can anyone help me?

Pleeeeeease!

Cloudy. :super:

hello everyone,

desperately seeking a tooheys keg coupler (at the right price of course) can anyone help me?

They do pop up from time to time on ebay - if you do a search for "keg coupler" you might get lucky. I have seen them go for around $40-$50 + postage - which seems to be a reasonable price. I think they are around $200 new.

Benniee

They do pop up from time to time on ebay - if you do a search for "keg coupler" you might get lucky. I have seen them go for around $40-$50 + postage - which seems to be a reasonable price. I think they are around $200 new.

Benniee
Thanks Benniee,

yeh, been looking for a little while. i'll just keep tryin hey, sick of bottling!

cheers mate,
Cloudy.

yeh, been looking for a little while. i'll just keep tryin hey, sick of bottling!

Yeah, bottling when you have no other option is a real pain.

The bigger kegs are a big of a pig to move around. I have 50L and 19L kegs, and I find the smaller ones so much easier to cart around.

Although if you're having a party it's great to hook up the 50L and let the guests go for it (as long as they know how to pour a beer).

Good luck on the hunt.

Benniee

I might have one, give me a day or so to dig around and see what I've got.

If the option for you comes available to use a CUB style coupler instead of a Tooheys one I have a CUB style one with snap locks I could sell. Just an option incase you can change your plan of attack regarding the Tooheys style keg.

Let me know if you want to change horses but you should be able to track down the one your after.

Cheers Justin

Tooheys Kegs - is this the push on or the twist on coupler.

Are Tooheys and coopers keg the same.
If so, i have the coopers - push on one - it has brand new SS Couplings on it for the Commercial male line adaptors.

Dont know for sure if this is any help or not.

My understanding is that the Tooheys and Coopers are the same GMK. The tooheys have the flat style keg valve with the push button in the middle, which if I remember rightly is the same set up as Coopers so the same coupler should work.

Cheerio. Justin

If so, i have the coopers - push on one - it has brand new SS Couplings on it for the Commercial male line adaptors.

If the option for you comes available to use a CUB style coupler instead of a Tooheys one I have a CUB style one with snap locks I could sell. Just an option incase you can change your plan of attack regarding the Tooheys style keg.

Let me know if you want to change horses but you should be able to track down the one your after.

Cheers Justin
thanks justin, i'll keep that in mind.

cheers,
cloudy

:beer:

g'day GMK,

yes mate i think they are the same. looks like i may have one on the way from hockadays. if that falls through i will get in touch with you.

thanks for the reply.

cheers,

cloudy.

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker first post.

Can anyone tell me how to get into the Toohey's keg itself?

The top I can unscrew, but I cannot get into the bottom where the spear is. As stated, the top unscrews but does not romove as it appears attached to the spear inside and will not extract..............is there a trick to it or a tool required?

I'm at wits end.

Cheers

Boonie

Hi Guys,

The top I can unscrew, but I cannot get into the bottom where the spear is. As stated, the top unscrews but does not romove as it appears attached to the spear inside and will not extract..............is there a trick to it or a tool required?

I'm at wits end.

Cheers

Boonie

Welcome Boonie,

here

cheers Ross

Hi Guys,

I'm at wits end.

Cheers

Boonie
hey Boonie,

i haven't opened my kegs yet as i am still chasing bits and pieces to get started, but if i find out before you do i will be sure to let you know.

sorry i couldn't help. but hopefully some one will reply to this soon.

cheers,

Cloudy.

Thanks to everone for your replies, i recieved a coupler from Hockadays.

Cheers,

Cloudy.

I'm also looking for a Tooheys keg coupler if someone has one thanks.

Hi Guys,

I'm at wits end.

Cheers

Boonie
Hey Boonie,

Just been down to my Local Home brew shop, Marks Home Brew in Newcastle (MHB)

Sort of hard to explain without showing you but i'll try.

you need to push down on the rubber part and grab the centre part of the spear with multigrips or something and turn the centre part clockwise, wich will/should separate the flange from the spear. then you will be able to remove the flange by it self and the spear can then be removed. once you have it out you can then cut the little tang thingy off if you like, so you don't have to go through all that next time.

Keep in mind that this tang is a safety feature so you don't blow your head off. so remember to depressurize in the future, thanks, MHB.

Cheers,

Cloudy.

sorry i couldn't help. but hopefully some one will reply to this soon.

cheers,

Cloudy.

Hi Cloudy, I already gave a link in my earlier post to a pictorial in the wiki, showing exactly how its done ;)

Cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back