• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Looking For Tooheys Keg Coupler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately that link is very helpful to people wanting to open a Sanky (CUB) keg, the Tooheys keg is very different.

MHB

Hey Boonie,

Just been down to my Local Home brew shop, Marks Home Brew in Newcastle (MHB)

Sort of hard to explain without showing you but i'll try.

you need to push down on the rubber part and grab the centre part of the spear with multigrips or something and turn the centre part clockwise, wich will/should separate the flange from the spear. then you will be able to remove the flange by it self and the spear can then be removed. once you have it out you can then cut the little tang thingy off if you like, so you don't have to go through all that next time.

Keep in mind that this tang is a safety feature so you don't blow your head off. so remember to depressurize in the future, thanks, MHB.

Cheers,

Cloudy.

How do you depressurize the keg, i have tried pressing the centre with a screwdriver with no success, i even tried to hit it with a hammer to just break the seal, still didn't work.

Help me please!!!!!!!

How do you depressurize the keg, i have tried pressing the centre with a screwdriver with no success, i even tried to hit it with a hammer to just break the seal, still didn't work.

Help me please!!!!!!!
Turto,

you have to press the rubber part not the steel part in the centre.

if you have a coupler, use that.

Cheers,

Cloudy.

I figure that you guys actually own these kegs, you like, sort of bought them, and yeh, you sort of were ripped off because they are sealed and you need some way to break in?
A Toohey's keg is, after all, a Toohey's/Lion Nathan keg just as much as a Carlton keg is owned, yes owned, by the Fosters Group.
Thieves go to gaol.
You don't get beer in gaol.

K

Dr K, obviously you do not know how to bake heavy cakes.....jump in the kegerator and CHILL OUT....does the "K" in Dr K stand for Keg Police, you don't know, do you..........

Dr K, obviously you do not know how to bake heavy cakes.....jump in the kegerator and CHILL OUT....does the "K" in Dr K stand for Keg Police, you don't know, do you..........

I will, flathead that I am, take the bait and reply.
K (and you had no way of knowing I have to say) is the first letter of Kurtz (Mistah).
I was merely reflecting that as home/craft brewing grows (and it is to a remarkable extent) those few missing kegs from Fosters or Lion Nathans inventory all of a sudden become significant.
Steal kegs if you wish or if you want but please do not make it so obvious.
One, of many, of the reasons that home/craft brewing is blooming in Australia is that we have to a great extent thrown that coat of "errgh crap homebrew"..and lets face it thats the way it was, away and present ourselves to the world as intelligent, decent and honest guys and girls experimenting, working with and creating fine and sometimes exceptional brews.
Lets keep it that way.

hello everyone,

desperately seeking a tooheys keg coupler (at the right price of course) can anyone help me?

Pleeeeeease!

Cloudy. :super:
did you get a coupler yet as i can get one cheap for you

did you get a coupler yet as i can get one cheap for you
hey Lovemybeer,

I did get one mate, thanks for the reply though.

A friend of mine may want one, i'll let you know.

:beer:

Cloudy.

Latest posts

Back