Looking for a sour dough starter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read this post and see if someone could perceive it as argumentative, condescending or arrogant:
You don't need yeast from fruit skin. Why the juice?
Do it properly.
Unbleached organic flour and water.
Next day discard half and top up with both, rinse and repeat.

After making it from scratch less than 24hrs ago it's looking such that I'm happy with it, even if I didn't "do it properly".
20170715_134729.jpg

Has anyone used a bit of Acidulated malt in their sour dough starter mix? I've got a little bit left which will be useful in my next batch but thinking I might add the powder from the bag to blend with some traditional organic flour/water etc...

Read this post and see if someone could perceive it as argumentative, condescending or arrogant:

Can't say it's arrogant, both ways work, I thought indica may have been asking a question about the fruit. Properly is debateable traditional is maybe the word which should have been used.

Wow again.
That is not me being arrogant at all..

You have fermented flour using yeast from fruit. That is not the traditional/ old school/ proper sour dough.

Good luck with your baking and your mental health issues. < condescending

My bread will always be better that yours. < arrogant

Can you tell me why fruit fermented bread is better than traditional sourdough < argumentative.

I will **** off now to threads where people are not so precious.

I make a form of kefir using the dry culture I get from Country Brewer, it turns out more like a Netherlands style cultured milk thing they get from the dairies ( Dutch friend tried a glass and said it took her back to being a kid in Den Haag). It tastes more yoghurty and not so much like a cat has pissed in the glass as with grain kefir. Different range of bacteria in it.

I've got a bag of stone ground wholemeal and thinking of incorporating some kefir into some and make a starter.

Has anyone used a bit of Acidulated malt in their sour dough starter mix?

I have not, but before I leave I will add that a lacto is what you want for sourdough, so that may well help.

Wow again.
That is not me being arrogant at all..

You have fermented flour using yeast from fruit. That is not the traditional/ old school/ proper sour dough.

Good luck with your baking and your mental health issues. < condescending

My bread will always be better that yours. < arrogant

Can you tell me why fruit fermented bread is better than traditional sourdough < argumentative.

I will **** off now to threads where people are not so precious.

I probably need to lighten up. My main point was that you weren't being particularly constructive, but I appreciate saying "do it properly" is still a very long way from the end of the world.

******* off out of this thread is being precious - you should instead stay and continue to provide constructive feedback like this:
I have not, but before I leave I will add that a lacto is what you want for sourdough, so that may well help.

Latest posts

Back