Looking For A Great Start To Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOG BOY

Reaction score
GUY S
im picking up a keging system this Tuesday ,

550 LTR fridge
2 x 50 LTR kegs
1 x beer gun
gauges
gas is on a soda stream bottle

was wondering if anyone had comments on the soda stream bottle as to the normal gas bottle

afterr i put a brew down how long should it stay in the keg before drinking , and what temp should it stay at , what pressure do i leave it at

also looking for a good brew so im not disapointed first time around

basically guys im looking for a starting to my new adveture

look forward to any infomation that you may be able to provide

cheers

Welcome to the forum Hog Boy.

The only difference between the soda stream bottle and a full size bottle of co2 is the amount of beer you can carbonate and dispense with it. Your soda stream bottle may only carb and dispense one of your 50l kegs, compared to a regular bottle that will do dozens. Soda stream is favoured in party keg transportable systems.

Unlike bottles, kegged beer can be drunk as soon as you properly carbonate your keg. This could be a week in a set and forget method, or in under an hour using forced carbonation. Searching for "the ross method" of carbonation will shed more light on that topic.

The beer temp, and pressure question, is a varied one, and the answer depends on a few factors, like the desired level of carbonation and the length of your beer line.

take a look at this LINK to the article Balancing A Draught System, and pay close attention to the downloadable excel file at the end of it "crozdog_balancing_table.xls" it will answer all your questions

Happy Brewing
Josh

Latest posts

Back