Looking For A Coopers Ginger Beer Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acasta

Bro Member
Reaction score
I have called around most coles, safeways and kmarts in the area and the ones that still sell the Coopers kits don't seem to sell the ginger beer.

Has anyone seen one around lately in Melbourne northeast? I'm in Northcote.

Thanks.

This is the one I'm after:
https://store.coopers.com.au/shop/product/DGK899/

I know it can be purchased here but seems a but $15 postage isn't really worth it.

Surprised to hear, if I ever see homebrew stuff I always see the GB kit at Coles!

But that's Brisbane, maybe Vic is different??

Big w is usually pretty good for the coopers tins and probably the cheapest also,

DU99 said:
Tried BIG W
Yeah, I always get mine at the large dubs. They'll have it, for sure, Acasta.

If you get stuck, you can also get it from them online but the postage makes it about $19 which is a bit steep.

Big W in Watergardens had it a while ago, looked like a regular item.

As an aside, is anyone able to taste the artificial sweetener in this?
I can't stand diet softdrinks and the sweetener has such a distinct taste. I tipped all of my Ginger beer bottles out after waiting over a month to see if it settled.

Yeah, it's not real subtle, mate. Really, really hard to cover up (I'd go so far as to say impossible for some palates).

Apparently the Morgan's kit comes with a sachet of the stuff so you can decide how much to include. Might be worth a shot.

bum said:
Yeah, it's not real subtle, mate. Really, really hard to cover up (I'd go so far as to say impossible for some palates).

Apparently the Morgan's kit comes with a sachet of the stuff so you can decide how much to include. Might be worth a shot.
I'd never willingly add it. If/when I get around to another ginger beer, I will try one from scratch I think.

When I was looking at the tins, there were some older Coopers tins that had 2 sweeteners listed, and newer tins with only 1. All of the Brigalow tins had 2 sweeteners listed.

So obviously Coopers have made a change. Still not sure why it is even needed.

Latest posts

Back