Lines Within Lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holden4th

Reaction score
I have just bought a US kegerator (Haier) that I got for $70 and the only issue is that it comes with a sanke coupler. I'm going to use post mix (corny) kegs and have bought two ball couplers for the gas and beer lines. The only issue is that the spear end (is that the correct phrase) on the gas coupler is a loose fit into the gas line that comes with the system. On top of that, the sealing clamps I was given won't fit around the gas line.

My solution for this has been to buy some thinner plastic tubing that goes snugly onto the spear and then force it into the gas line. It will fit with a bit of effort. I will then clamp this using kinetic clamps. I've found ones that just fit on the outside of the gas line. Given that this is gas, is it feasible? The tubing and clamps cost me $5 from Bunnings so if it doesn't work it's no loss. The alternative is to replace the gas tubing but that will mean connecting it to the regulator. I think I'll be OK with the beer line.

TBH, for the sake of a couple of bucks for tubing and clamps, I would get the right size equipment. More expensive to replace lost gas. (Depending on the size of your gas cylinder - safer too.)

Look, if you can assemble it, then it'll probably work. As for the longevity and reliability...

I personally wouldn't do this, but I've already learnt my lesson (the hard way) with gas lines blowing in the middle of the night and coming back to an empty CO2 bottle.

You don't need fancy tubing for the gas line. The standard (and cheap) clear vinyl stuff from bunnings will work.

Back