Lemon beer is there such a thing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsupraboy

Reaction score
Hey guys gfs dad really out there idea of a lemon beer. Does anybody have a recipe out there for one or one close

Sorachi Ace hops.
Or Coopers Mexican, squeeze two lemons in, drip the lemons in, ferment.
I ahve done both.
Bpthe werk weel

Do you remember boags st George? Is that what your thinking of?

southern cross
my most hated hop. all i could taste was lemon

I have a recipe for a lemon saison ? Dry as a nun's.
Great hot weather beer.

fletcher said:
i've been meaning to try this one for ages, just always seem to get around to it then go...meh. looks nice though.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/squeeze-my-lemon-summer-blonde-52886/

So I made this beer about 2 weeks ago. I've got the smallest feeling that I did the lemon wrong from the taste. The beer has come out quite well but there is a wierd taste at the end.

I can't describe it yet but it somewhat takes
Tastes like the outside of the lemon.
Was I meant to use the out side skin of the lemon. I got the feeling no. Please let me know

zest is purely the yellow "skin" or outside of the lemon. hopefully you haven't used any of the white pith which is just underneath the outer layer of the lemon, as this will give you a very sharp puckering bitterness. maybe it's the taste you are experiencing.

mrsupraboy said:
Who wants to taste it lol
where are you located in sydney? i'm part of Inner Sydney Brewers brew club and we meet up on the first wednesday of every month to present and give feedback on beers, discuss brewing styles, faults, processes, and all other forms of brewnerd-dom. it's great. we have members who come from all over the sydney metro area so you're very welcome to join up. it's a great way to get some feedback and awesome info and tips from experienced and newer brewers alike, as well as smashing down some quality beverages. sling me a PM if you want more details or to get you in on the mailing list/facebook page.

In campbelltown to Windsor region. Problem is that I don't have the time to go to local beer clubs yet inner sydney

Next time try a Radler perhaps?

Otherwise there's quite a good (long) thread on here on how to brew (ie ferment) an alcoholic lemonade... using beer yeast. Does that count?

Back