Left Handed Or Right Handed Masher?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you mash with your left or right hand?

• Left

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Right

• Both

• Either

• Can change hands mid-mash

• Get someone else to mash for you

• Total voters

Barley Belly

Head Brewer - Barley Belly Brewery
Reaction score
I thought I'd climb aboard the poll wagon

Always wondered what hand other people mash with??

I've always been predominantly left, have tried right a few times but it just doesn't feel the same. Plus I don't seem to get the same efficiency.

Remember more than three stirs is a mash :eek:

Left handed because like the rest of us here, I'm a special individual :wacko:

Pumpy is that you? :lol:

ps - both.

Im not sure, and cant think why you would even care but there are certianly a lot of people who are left handed weavers on this site.

I only have a left-handed mash paddle (I built it myself), so am forced to mash cacky-handed :lol:

I have an automated mash stirrer, i think it goes anticlockwise if that helps.

My hands are usually busy doing some such other thing..read into that what you like.

Rob.

I made my left-handed mash paddle out of 9 degree Big Bertha Driver, flattened with a sledgehammer... works a treat :lol: :super:

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

I use my paint stirrer paddle connected to my cordless drill, so I mash with my right hand as it's my drill hand.....

Odd, to write I am actually a leftie, but do most other things with my right....

Usually it's both hands as I move the paddle around in the mash.

Right handed. But I sometimes ask the missus to hold my paddle and stir while I'm pouring in the grains. ;)

Neither - I use my penis.

I have a metal paint stirrer that looks like a giant potato masher and agitate the BIAB mash by pumping vigorously up and down with my right hand, but make sure I am not facing away from the garage door when people are walking past, not to mention the local bus :eek:

And a what a wank! :eek:

On a different note (I hope!), I find it a bit hard to mash with one hand, so I use two.

I usually stir it with the right hand. Although, if you use the left hand it can sometimes feel like someone else :huh:

I usually stir it with the right hand. Although, if you use the left hand it can sometimes feel like someone else :huh:

Oh and I mash with my right hand :lol:

I have an automated mash stirrer, i think it goes anticlockwise if that helps.

My hands are usually busy doing some such other thing..read into that what you like.

Rob.

Wearing purple gloves?

I usually hold the mash paddle with my left hand and my beer with my right.

Latest posts

Back