Lc Oatmeal Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex T

Reaction score
Hey,

Just thought I would put the word out there. Not sure what happened to the Hophead email, but the Oatmeal Stout is out!

I know the Fremantle crew are having in the handpump right about now.

At the Dining Hall in Fitzroy there are 7 kegs which will probably be gone by the end of next week. (note: Dining Hall closed on Mon/Tue/Wed for renovations next week).

Anyway, keep an eye out. Tastes good if you ask me (but of course I am biased!). Nice work Ben with the recipe.

Cheers,

Alex

Hey Alex will it be making its way to Qld??

Cheers Brad

You can buy bottles from Nectar in Brisbane, I picked one up today.

As far as oatmeal stouts go it wasn't as intensely flavoured as I was expecting. The roasty/biscuit flavours were mild but noticeable and definitely enjoyable. Definitely a tasty drop and I'll be going back to Nectar to pick up a few more bottles.

not sure if i missed an update, any idea when/which bottle shops will have them in perth? sorry if its been asked

Cellarbrations in Carlisle, the IBS, and of course the LC Bottle shop. There will undoubtedly be others, depends a bit on who decides to stock it.

Edit: Rumour has it that not a lot of the batch actually ended up in the bottle, so it might be worth going a little out of your way to track down a carton if you're keen.

Sold out at the LC cellar, or at least there was only 3 cases there when I left tonight. Unless there was a secret stash somewhere...

Grabbed two bottles from the Red Bottle in Alexandria / Erskineville tonight. :icon_chickcheers:

Back