Lbest Place To Go For A Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad oversight leaving Belgium out.

I can't understand for the life of me why they put India in. Can't say that I had any good local beer in India (Mumbai, Kolkata and New Delhi).

Cheers - Fermented.

Had a few brews traveling through the black forest Germany, ate bambi burgers and drank great wheat beer followed by a peach shnaps in a wooden barn style pub with an old tree growing through the middle of it.

You left off worst place.... Airports ($$$$$$$$$$)

remember, it is not the best beer just best places to have a beer.

They can be very different

Yes, true...

Still, I will admit the few places I had a brew and a meal in Antwerpen and [small town, forgot name, just over the border from Netherlands, dirt cheap, lots of character] were pretty darned good.

The spots I went to in India were mostly international hotels or similar. Same as everywhere else in the world.

Cheers - Fermented.

I would also add that I think the journey leading to the location is important. Nothing like a nice cold brewskie whilst overlooking the Pantheon after a long days walk. . . damn I'm thirsty now... :beer:

You know the article has very little credibility when it has "taking a dump" in the opening sentence.

Cradle Mountain Tasmania last month seems to be a possum's choice for drinking spots ;)

beer_thief.jpg

did this guy just read a Lonely Planet beer bible and post that ? ;)

the best place in the world for beer is obviously Germany, no contest. Sure the Belgians make great beer, but I'd like to see you drink a litre of trippel at a time. To this day, even the smell of a bottled Paulaner brings back flooding memories of the place. Without a doubt, Munchens best :D

I would also add that I think the journey leading to the location is important.

Have to agree with you on that one.

Sometimes the location and the company makes even an ordinary drop seem better... like Tiger beer in the little beer garden near the Thai Embassy on Orchard Rd, Tsingtao with a bunch of mates in a noisy bar in Xucheng, or even the dreaded Oranjeboom with business colleagues in Eindhoven. :) None nearly so lofty as the Pantheon, but good times.

Cheers - Fermented.

Wish i had a beer in Munchen but it was too early for me 9.30am the locals were on their first steins in the cafe's though. I trained on to Salzberg where the Eidelwiess was great...
The Europeans have beer down pat, except the Italians that stuff is terrible....

Ohh had a VB in Vanuatu, Vanutau bitter under license from CUB...

Ever did Outer Mongolia, Fermented?
People we know are going there shortly.

staggalee.

I trained on to Salzberg where the Eidelwiess was great...
Had one of those on Saturday night at the Austrian National Day dinner. Rather tasty stuff!

Ever did Outer Mongolia, Fermented?
People we know are going there shortly.
I did a girl from Outer Mongolia. Does that count? :D

I mostly get around Singapore, HK, Guangdong Province these days for biz and visiting the outlaws. Stuff in EU is pretty limited as that's not where the money is for me these days.

Cheers - Fermented.

Yeah Eidelweiss is really nice... they should write a song about it :)

Bad oversight leaving Belgium out.

I can't understand for the life of me why they put India in. Can't say that I had any good local beer in India (Mumbai, Kolkata and New Delhi).

Cheers - Fermented.

they put india in with the worst places to visit for beer. warrented i might add.

Walking down a thousands-year old sandstone alleyway in the Old City of Jerusalem, near the Eye of the Needle (easier it is for a camel....rich man...you know the story) on a 35 degree summers day, duck into a doorway, flight of sandstone steps down to a cool almost underground pub with beams of sunlight from slit windows, an old polished wooden bar, many pints of cool Goldstar (a rich fragrant copper coloured beer more like a British Best bitter - brewery originally set up during the British occupation of Palestine) A felafel with extra chili sauce afterwards :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Behind this door lies magic... not only beer but the food :icon_drool2:

aIMG_1501.jpg

ohh for a felafel... or lamb kebab with a beer, not sampled goldstar, in fact i am starting to realize i have a whole lot more living to do as i haven't drank enough international beers, Chocolate porter is on my list now.
As for the Edelweiss my mate slung me a bottle of bavarian that tastes almost the same, i have the same brew fermenting now (day 3).

Drank Asahi and Kirrinbichi in Japan, like Kirrin, not so keen on Asahi yet you find Asahi here in the shops, i guess it's like Fosters here.
Ohh they have beer and wine vending machines on street corners in Japan.

Sucking down some Sapporo in an onsen (back in the days before gender segregation) with a good crowd in Hokkaido...

If everyone keeps talking like this I'm heading for the airport tonight! I'm getting itchy feet. :D

Cheers - Fermented.

Back