Lbest Place To Go For A Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cradle Mountain Tasmania last month seems to be a possum's choice for drinking spots ;)

View attachment 22067

Well I bludged one of those cans off a bloke on an overnight walk at waterfall valley hut, 1st stop on the overland track. Stuck 'em in the creek for 10 minutes, came out nice and cold. Magic. Not another beer (few warming shots of freisengeist) 'til lake st. clair where our ride had the decency to grab a few more cans for us. Magic again. Drank nothing but moo brew for the next week however.

Nice one jlm - there's a distinct lack of pubs on the overland track eh :p . Did you find that Boags Draught tastes great in Tasmania, especially on tap, but also out of the can and into a glass ?

Mother Nature chilled is the way to go, that's for sure.

boags.jpg

I reckon at any sporting game is a great place to drink beer - UNFORTUNATELY stadiums just serve up the worst lard possible!

Sydney football stadium for example serves Tooheys New! And even then it seems they use the kegs that are past used by dates! :icon_vomit:

With big sponsorship cash going in though I doubt this will change any time soon.

. Sure the Belgians make great beer, but I'd like to see you drink a litre of trippel at a time.

Done...Bruge sitting in a beautiful square at twilight watching the world go by, having a great meal...two litres at 16 Euro a pop. Went on to get a train to get to Antwerp...So Bruge is my number one for places to drink beer, followed by a beer hall in Munich just out of the city centre (Lowenbaru branded joint) which was only 6 Euro and I got to have a pork hock...

If they had decent beer in Italy, I would rate Venice ahead of both...but alas it becomes my fav place to drink a white wine...

Done...Bruge sitting in a beautiful square at twilight watching the world go by,

Now that's the truth, Brugge is awesome. I have really fond memories of a big hot pot of musseln, some frittes and fritesauce and the first hoegaarden of the evening, before hitting the cafes for some serious drinking. Great place.

cheers

grant

Brugge was a fine place - enjoyed drinking Brugse Zot in the brewery and Roddenbach there in an outside cafe.

Can't agree that all stadiums serve ordinary beer - I remember watching the Anaheim Angels play once, sipping on a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. :chug: I do remember being amused at a sign that stated anyone under 40 needed ID after the 6th innings...

Latest posts

Back