Latest Byo Magazine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Doc on this one....

Got a letter from them two days ago, trying to sell me a new, long term subscription...but no new issue yet.

dreamboat

dreamboat said:
I'm with Doc on this one....

Got a letter from them two days ago, trying to sell me a new, long term subscription...but no new issue yet.

dreamboat
Funny,
I received more mail from them when I let my subscription lapse than I did whilst I was signed up.

They must like me - I got the magazine and the long term subscription letter in the same post!

Bugger, no issue today either.
And I re-subscribed in like October :(

Doc

That's OK Doc, i moved and their "online change of address" system didn't work, so i lost an issue. Then this one hasn't turned up either, and i was peaking until i read this thread.

I just subscribed this morning & they say the first issue will be shipped 3/4/05 :( - Sent them an email, requesting current edition first - keeping my fingers crossed...

Remember it is probably American date format so 3/4/05 is the 4th of March.

Beers,
Doc

No sign of mine as yet

Batz

Mine was finally in the post today.
There have been accidents last Friday and today making to trip to work very slow on the bus. Maybe there will be an accident tomorrow too and I can get the whole issue read :p

Doc

Mine arrived today too

Yet to open it , bit of in bed reading tonight

Batz

Mine still hasn't arrived, but I got one of those letters trying to sign me up for another three years last week while I was away. I hope I get my mag tomorrow. If not I can feel a nasty email to the publishers coming on... :angry:

Shawn.

Has finally arrived. Can call off the email attack dogs now... :p

Shawn.

All BYO magazine subscribers, keep an eye on your letterboxes. Mine arrived today. Haven't had a chance to look at it properly yet, but looks like a good issue. Has some clone-brews and an interesting easy plan for a hopback.

Shawn.

Mine arrived yesterday.
Will be reading it on the bus on the way home tonight.
The hopback plans look interesting.

Beers,
Doc

All the excuse I need to knock off work early. I got another subscription reminder yesterday but no magazine :(

Also, should not be long until my first Zymurgy arrives :)

Bought a copy of Dave Line's The Big Book of Brewing at lunch time today. It's old - originally published in 1985 - but it's English, and not American, so the perspective is a bit different (not only historically).

wee stu, the brewing book and magazine junky :ph34r: :D

BTW any other similar Adelaide junkies needing a fix could do worse then head to Dymocks in Rundle Mall at teh moment. Not sure if they have employed a homebrewer or what, but currently they have Noonans New Brewing Lager, Mosher's Radical Brewing, the recnt book on Belgian Farhouse Ales and French Bier de Garde's and Homebrewing for Dummies all in stock.
They just recently sold out of the Dave Line book!

Hey Stu,

I'd be keen to know what you think of the Zymurgy mag in comparison to BYO. I also got a subscription reminder yesterday, so might need to make a decision soon... Happy with BYO though.

I bought Noonan's New Brewing Lager Beer last week. It is a really interesting read. Between it, Designing Great Beers and Palmer's How to Brew my brew knowledge has expanded a lot of late. Hope it is all being translated into my beers... :rolleyes:

Shawn.

Gough said:
Hey Stu,

I'd be keen to know what you think of the Zymurgy mag in comparison to BYO. I also got a subscription reminder yesterday, so might need to make a decision soon... Happy with BYO though.
Shawn.
[post="52863"][/post]​

A fellow AHBer has just lent me about 3 years worth of back issues of Zymurgy. I'm a commuter brew reader like doc. BYO takes me about 2 tram trips.
The first issue of Zymurgy I picked up, Jan/Feb 2002 - focussing on the dark beer styles of England, has already lasted me 4 trips - and I am still reading!
If the rest work out that way I will be happy.

A fellow AHBer has just lent me about 3 years worth of back issues of Zymurgy. I'm a commuter brew reader like doc. BYO takes me about 2 tram trips.
The first issue of Zymurgy I picked up, Jan/Feb 2002 - focussing on the dark beer styles of England, has already lasted me 4 trips - and I am still reading!
If the rest work out that way I will be happy.
[post="52865"][/post]​
[/quote]

Thanks for that Stu. Might have to try and track it down.

Shawn.

Great day to not be at work today, with the neww BYO turning up at lunchtime :)

dreamboat

Good Day
I received my Zymurgy mag for March/April last week and found it to very good, focussed on specialty beers which was food for thought. Cost me a bit over $A100 for two years membership ie 12 issues. Articles about "hand brewing" and micros in Denmark (might get Princess Mary interested) and two micro beers judged (didn't know the beers but the judging and comments were interesting).
Did have a few recipes which were interesting, some AG some extract plus extras. Could be improved with some evaluation of the beers and having each recipe for AG and extract etc IMHO.
Kept me off the streets for a while.

Latest posts

Back