Latest Byo Magazine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

do you have to be a member of the AHA to subscribe to Zymergy?

- Snow

Snow said:
Guys,

do you have to be a member of the AHA to subscribe to Zymergy?

- Snow
[post="52877"][/post]​

You don't subscribe to Zymurgy. You become amember of AHA and Zymurgy is one of your member benifits.
My membership ran out last week, but I will be re-joining.
IMO Zymurgy is a much better read than BYO, although I still buy BYO.

Barry said:
Good Day
I received my Zymurgy mag for March/April last week and found it to very good,
[post="52871"][/post]​

OK any other AHA members got the new Zymurgy in Oz yet?
I have a suspicion that they have cocked up with my address detailts, but don't want to hassle them prematurely.

Mine is stiill to arrive ,but it is nomally 3 days or so after Doc says his arrives.
Anyone re-subscribe using the discount letter we have recieved?

Batz

Brew geek heaven! Monday I get BYO in the post. Wednesday I come to find Zymurgy waiting :)

Oddly enough, this time round I reckon I am going to get more use out of the BYO edition.

Might have to keep the two going concurrently.

it's a tough lfe for you wee stu

Batz :ph34r:

not sure of everyones fav mag but im leaning towards zymurgy.what are everyone elses thoughts

cheers
big d

big d said:
not sure of everyones fav mag but im leaning towards zymurgy.what are everyone elses thoughts

cheers
big d
[post="53157"][/post]​

don't sat that!!! I just got my first byo today on the basis of recommendations here - Not disappointed :D

wee stu said:
Barry said:
Good Day
I received my Zymurgy mag for March/April last week and found it to very good,
[post="52871"][/post]​

OK any other AHA members got the new Zymurgy in Oz yet?
I have a suspicion that they have cocked up with my address detailts, but don't want to hassle them prematurely.
[post="52958"][/post]​

Nah not yet, hopefully I will have it by thursday or friday

Batz said:
Mine is stiill to arrive ,but it is nomally 3 days or so after Doc says his arrives.
Anyone re-subscribe using the discount letter we have recieved?

Batz
[post="52966"][/post]​

Well I got mine today and it has coupons in it for a years subscription for $24.95, can't remeber what the letter wanted but I think it was more. Lost the damn thing.

Batz said:

Batz
[post="53156"][/post]​

No food on the table, but lots of beer in the fridge and a growing librury :p
It doesn't get much tougher than this :blink:

As to the better mag - on the whole over the last year or so I would say Zymurgy, but it depends what you are looking for and where on the journey you are.

Last year BYO seemed almost too hard core for me, now I hang out for the Zymurgy special editions :ph34r:

Funny thing is, after all this home brew stimulation, I am still a hand tool challenged homebrewer ;)

wee stu said:
Batz said:

Batz
[post="53156"][/post]​

Funny thing is, after all this home brew stimulation, I am still a hand tool challenged homebrewer
[post="53178"][/post]​

I'm with you Wee Stu! I'm so 'hand tool challenged' my HBS guy gives me sh*t :D We had a recent gathering of some brewers in Newcastle and he introduced me as a reasonable brewer 'despite having no idea with tools... one of the most impractical blokes I've met' :p

I thought about being offended for about a microsecond and then realised as far as the use of any kind of hand tool goes he is right. :) My beer seems OK though, does that count??

Here's to the tool challenged brewers :beerbang:

Shawn.

Gough said:
I'm with you Wee Stu!

Here's to the (hand) tool challenged brewers :beerbang:

Shawn.
[post="53198"][/post]​

Add barfridge from this post and we have the start of a hand tool challenged brewers movement!

Best not be a separatist movement though!

If I can be serious for a moment, without the free and generous help of numerous AHB tool facilitated brewers I would not be anywhere close to being an all grain brewer.

It is one of the wondrous things of this AHB community, you show willing and the generousity you receive in return is beyond measure.

wee stu said:

Add barfridge from this post and we have the start of a hand tool challenged brewers movement!

Best not be a separatist movement though!

If I can be serious for a moment, without the free and generous help of numerous AHB tool facilitated brewers I would not be anywhere close to being an all grain brewer.

It is one of the wondrous things of this AHB community, you show willing and the generousity you receive in return is beyond measure.
[post="53203"][/post]​
[/quote]

Yep, I'll second that. I have had great help from everyone on this site. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without it. I'll put in a plug for my local HBS guy as well. He has gone beyond the call more than a few times for me as well. All round ours is a pretty top community I think, and one I am increasingly able to contribute to rather than just take from. :)

Hand tool challenged brewers unite :beerbang:

Shawn.

Back