Laksa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
This was tonights dinner, all the family tuck into this and it's the best food in the world for a hangover.

1 pkt Trident Tom Yum Goong thai soup noodles
250 g Chicken breast or marinara mix ( woolies sell really good marinara in the fresh seafood section)
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbs lime juice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic
big cup of mixed fresh veges, carrot, shallot, beans, bok choy, mushrooms, capsicum, broccoli ect
Rice noodles
200 ml coconut milk
300 ml water
4 cubes bean curd (optional)

Soak the rice noodles in boiling water to soften
Lightly fry ginger and garlic and bean curd in a hot wok, add chicken/seafood and fry until the color changes. Add fish sauce and lime juice and cook for 1 minute, add all the saches from the tom yum goong soup packet and stir through. Mix water and coconut milk together and add to the wok, bring to a boil. Add the noodles from the soup mix and simmer for 2 minutes, add the vegetables and simmer for one minute. Drain the rice noodles and put in a serving bowl and tip the contents of the wok over the top.

It should look like this :lol:
cheese_008.jpg

I'm full now.

Cheers
Andrew

i'm gonna give your recipe a go tomorrow mate, i've eaten laksas far and wide, i love the stuff! lol

Mmmmm laksa.

Our local Woolies which is a long way from Andrew's also sell a good fresh marinara mix.

Have tried many different laksa pastes and my favourite is Tropicana Singapore Laksa Paste.

I use a mix of coconut cream and water, noodles are usually Singapore for preference, lots of bean sprouts and whatever meat you like.

The final touch is a sprinkle of "fried onion".

Mrs Brown does an outstanding Laksa. Will investigate and report back with the recipe.

cheers

Browndog

What are you drinking with that, Andrew?

I love Laksa. the best one i make is very similar to andrewQLD's recipe, but i like throwing a handful of prawns in too... mmmmmm... great winter dish! and it's not hot enough until your nose is running. lol

What are you drinking with that, Andrew?

A lovely Bo-Pils kai.
Posted Yesterday, 09:08 PM By Pint of Lager
Mmmmm laksa.

Our local Woolies which is a long way from Andrew's also sell a good fresh marinara mix.

Have tried many different laksa pastes and my favourite is Tropicana Singapore Laksa Paste.

I use a mix of coconut cream and water, noodles are usually Singapore for preference, lots of bean sprouts and whatever meat you like.

The final touch is a sprinkle of "fried onion".

Yours sounds a little more traditional than mine POL, I should say that mine was developed after countless all night sessions on the turps for when something was needed the following night to nourish the body and feed the soul, definately a "feel good" type of food. :rolleyes:
Bring on the recipes.

Cheers
Andrew

What time is dinner; I'll be there..

Back in my WA days, an egg dropped in was also a big hit, and a bit of fresh chilli;;;; yum

QldKev

I'm with POL on the fried onions. They are my favourite sprinkles for asain food. I have also been a fan of the Woollies gourmet marinara mix for a few years as well. At one stage the Gold Coast Woollies were chucking atlantic salmon chunks into it as well, mmm mmmm.

When we do this dish we use a laksa paste and I put two levels of noodles in the bottom of the bowl. The thick hokkien first and the thin rice noodles on top of them. We spice up the marinara mix with a few hundred grams of the vietnamese prawn meat as they don't put in enough of these for my liking.

I'm with POL on the fried onions. They are my favourite sprinkles for asain food. I have also been a fan of the Woollies gourmet marinara mix for a few years as well. At one stage the Gold Coast Woollies were chucking atlantic salmon chunks into it as well, mmm mmmm.

When we do this dish we use a laksa paste and I put two levels of noodles in the bottom of the bowl. The thick hokkien first and the thin rice noodles on top of them. We spice up the marinara mix with a few hundred grams of the vietnamese prawn meat as they don't put in enough of these for my liking.

Henno, I can see a brew day and Laksa night coming up :party:

Cheers
Andrew

This is the recipe i use.

Mortar and pestle and elbow grease. None of this K&K stuff for me :p

Try to make this at least once a fortnight. I make the spice paste as it says altho usually with more chillis, but then fry up chicken/prawns/squid etc as well as plenty of asian greens and then go from there.

Cheers
DrSmurto

This was tonights dinner, all the family tuck into this and it's the best food in the world for a hangover.
1 pkt Trident Tom Yum Goong thai soup noodles
250 g Chicken breast or marinara mix ( woolies sell really good marinara in the fresh seafood section)
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbs lime juice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic
big cup of mixed fresh veges, carrot, shallot, beans, bok choy, mushrooms, capsicum, broccoli ect
Rice noodles
200 ml coconut milk
300 ml water
4 cubes bean curd (optional)

Soak the rice noodles in boiling water to soften
Lightly fry ginger and garlic and bean curd in a hot wok, add chicken/seafood and fry until the color changes. Add fish sauce and lime juice and cook for 1 minute, add all the saches from the tom yum goong soup packet and stir through. Mix water and coconut milk together and add to the wok, bring to a boil. Add the noodles from the soup mix and simmer for 2 minutes, add the vegetables and simmer for one minute. Drain the rice noodles and put in a serving bowl and tip the contents of the wok over the top.

I'm full now.

Cheers
Andrew
Didnt see this thread until today. I made it for dinner tonight. The only change I made was 1 tsp of Valcom curry paste in with the onions, garlic and ginger. Went really well with an APA. Top recipe AndrewQLD.

This is how mine turned out

IMG_2139.JPG

Peels, how do you serve laksa on a plate? Laksa's a soup!

Yeh. It looks like a plate but in fact it's a soup bowl with a very wide rim. And I did go a bit overboard with the ingredients.

Shows how photos can be deceptive... I'm sure it went down a treat.

Didnt see this thread until today. I made it for dinner tonight. The only change I made was 1 tsp of Valcom curry paste in with the onions, garlic and ginger. Went really well with an APA. Top recipe AndrewQLD.

This is how mine turned out

View attachment 13343

Looks awesome Peels, your like me, I tend to add a few "extras" as I cook, the more the better.

And yes I do add chillie too Ducatiboy, but that's an optional AB (arse burn) Extra :lol: .

Cheers
Andrew

Back