Lack Of Interest In Drinking Much......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With some of the weights you guys are quoting there must be a lot of dwarf brewers out there..... :lol: but then again at my wieght I should be 6 foot 5!!

Yep, I haven't drunk a lot at all over the last year or so which has completely dried up the demand for brewing.

I still like beer, still interested in brewing, still have my brewing gear, but I just well, don't brew.

As soon as I started home brewing I gained a lot of weight really quick, was like 80, now 110. Beer deffinitley does it, plus I work in IT which is quite a sedentary job compared to my old job, Stacking and packing.

the reason why we all find it easy not to drink after we've been not drinking is because when we were hard on the turps we have, to some degree, addiction to alcohol and when you're deprived of alcohol your central nervous system gets hyper-active. After a few weeks this hyper-activity dies down and the body is no longer dependant on alcohol.

When you drink too much it actually changes some parts of your brain because the ethanol helps regulate some of the chemistry in there that are naturally regulated. This regulation of chemisty helps you relax and think rationally, hence why you feel relaxed when you drink beer and have a clearer mind (for the first bottle anyway).

When you stop drinking you suffer alcohol withdrawal, this is caused by the over production of the chemicals in your brain that cause you to stress and make you feel on edge. If you're heavily addicted to alcohol this over production can make you delirious, even hallucinate and possibly kill you (though death usually occurs from misadventures that you thought you saw) if you go cold turkey from the turps.

I could go deeper but that's the basics. I did a paper on Alcohol addiction in College.

So like all things, in moderation. (except for weekend, parties, birthdays, public holidays and after 5 PM)

OI ! there is nothing wrong with a man swilling some wine, I really really REALLY love a good inch and half thick steak cooked for a good 60 seconds each side (no longer or its burnt) washed down with a turkey flat Shiraz or penfolds RWT, mate, quality beef with quality red is heaven.....

Then put my feet up with a pale ale or such deliciousness.

joe

Well, as some are aware, I now work away 2 weeks at a time Cooking on the Gas Rigs and it is a Fully Dry(Booze) working enviroment....

I love how you had to specify booze, nothing else going on then?? :rolleyes:

Cheers

Leary

And I am also chuffed that on the 25th January 2010 I weighed in at 96.1kg and now on the 18 March 2010 I weigh 91.6kg, so thats 4.5kg i have lost since starting my new job and I have only worked away for about 3-4 weeks in total so far....
Many things can affect your weight mate.

I'm 185cm (6' 1") and used to weigh a scrawny 68 kg, I found out I had Coeliac disease and then changed my diet and blew out to 90 kg in a few months, a few years later I switched from office job to being a brewer and dropped to 83 kg in a few weeks, bulked up some muscle and stabilised at 87 kg for a few years, got married (again) and blew out to 96 kg in a couple of months, changed diet around New Year (very little red meat, more seafood and fruit for lunch) and down to 90kg in 2 months. Need to cut out evening snacks next.

The one constant in this is that I still drink about the same amount of beer as I always have - enjoy a few most nights, have maybe one AFD a week and have too much every now and then. Probably a binge drinker by the Rudd guidelines!

Another thread about not drinking beer. :blink:

Mate, get a room at your local AA and leave us pissheads alone HURRUMMPH

:chug:

I love drinking and brewing and beer and wine and whisky and gin and vodka and rum and brandy. I like quality over quantity but sometimes quantity will suffice.

I don't weigh much, exercise regularly and eat ok. If I have time off grog for one reason or another, I look forward to a drink. When I work hard I look forward to a drink. When I relax, I look forward to a drink and when I deal with family, I need a ******* drink.

Not to say that having time off is a bad thing (sometimes it's a great thing) and if it's giving you benefits then good stuff. I have self enforced time off and almost always feel better in the long run but not drinking commercial booze is also very successful at making me feel better. Preservatives schmervatives.

I brew, therefore I drink.

There is nothing wrong with a man that drinks wine! Comments like that is what makes male beer drinking seem like pigs!

No there's not. What I think the poster was talking about is men that choose wine ONLY as their alcoholic drink of choice. I find them slightly wrong too.

When you stop drinking you suffer alcohol withdrawal, this is caused by the over production of the chemicals in your brain that cause you to stress and make you feel on edge. If you're heavily addicted to alcohol this over production can make you delirious, even hallucinate and possibly kill you (though death usually occurs from misadventures that you thought you saw) if you go cold turkey from the turps.

I could go deeper but that's the basics. I did a paper on Alcohol addiction in College.

So like all things, in moderation. (except for weekend, parties, birthdays, public holidays and after 5 PM)
[/quote]

If I don't have two cups of Coffee a morning by 11:00am I have a skull splitting head ache and am so irritable I want to insult people for fun. I have about 6 or 7 beers a week, thankfully if I don't have a beer I just feel dissapointed. I am having a Coffee now and my mind is clearing well, ahhhh caffine hit

With some of the weights you guys are quoting there must be a lot of dwarf brewers out there..... :lol: but then again at my wieght I should be 6 foot 5!!
Going by that, I should probably be 10'3" B)

No there's not. What I think the poster was talking about is men that choose wine ONLY as their alcoholic drink of choice. I find them slightly wrong too.

Thanks mckenry my bad I should have been clearer in my posting & I should mention angry women :angry: who I mistakenly left off my initial post.

:icon_cheers:

Paul

People who only eat/drink one type of anything is limiting themselves. Like people who go grocery shopping and buy exactly the same things each time. Unimaginative.

I love beer, but I also really like scotch, and I have a bit of a collection of wine going right now (mostly bought through my club; I don't drink wine much so it is piling up a bit right now).

People who only eat/drink one type of anything is limiting themselves. Like people who go grocery shopping and buy exactly the same things each time. Unimaginative.

I love beer, but I also really like scotch, and I have a bit of a collection of wine going right now (mostly bought through my club; I don't drink wine much so it is piling up a bit right now).

:icon_offtopic: I know a guy at work who eats the very same thing EVERY night for dinner. He is a loner and has been eating stirfry chilli chicken every night for about 4 years. I was blown away when I found this out and asked him what was going through his head. He just said "I really like chilli chicken". Yeah... no shit eh. I think he's borderline autistic. Or maybe not so borderline.....

- Snow.

:icon_offtopic: I know a guy at work who eats the very same thing EVERY night for dinner. He is a loner and has been eating stirfry chilli chicken every night for about 4 years. I was blown away when I found this out and asked him what was going through his head. He just said "I really like chilli chicken". Yeah... no shit eh. I think he's borderline autistic. Or maybe not so borderline.....

- Snow.

Imagine how easy his shopping would be?

Well, as some are aware, I now work away 2 weeks at a time Cooking on the Gas Rigs and it is a Fully Dry(Booze) working enviroment....

The amazing thing is that when I come home from working away, I dont even really feel like a drink so much, probably because I havnt had any for up to 16 days????

I guess another reason is that there is ALOT less stress and pressures in my new Job compared to working in the Restaurant in a Family business aswell, I dont feel the need to have a drink to relax anymore after work or whenever... Probably also the Crap Food, Chips etc are not around me when I work away and I refuse to eat anything Deep fried out there as Solid Shortening is used in the Fryers...

And I am also chuffed that on the 25th January 2010 I weighed in at 96.1kg and now on the 18 March 2010 I weigh 91.6kg, so thats 4.5kg i have lost since starting my new job and I have only worked away for about 3-4 weeks in total so far....

My only Issue is that lack of Drinking = Lack of Brewing but I am not giving up at all, probably might just shed some weight and get fit and lean and healthy again and then ramp up production more once im leaner again and in that fit mode.... :D

CB

A classic case of turning Gay but in complete denial :p

Soooo glad you are getting your girl figure back... Next thing you know you'll be turning down brew days and case swaps? ;)

Latest posts

Back