Kooinda Award

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the Pitchforks out,

i sought of agree with Mr Brau ,in theory but not at his attack on the boys from Kooinda.

I think if there was a forum where brewers or brewery reps could let us all know about how well they were doing or any awards or new beers etc, then maybe we would get more commercial brewers on here to actually admit they use this forum. Just a thought

I know I am only a stringbean in the veggie patch, but maybe there should be a "pro-brewer" label for people that have reached the stage where they brew with a commercial license...

And maybe a fancy hat or something...just a thought

I think if there was a forum where brewers or brewery reps could let us all know about how well they were doing or any awards or new beers etc, then maybe we would get more commercial brewers on here to actually admit they use this forum. Just a thought

Most of us do show in our signature or avatar our commercial foray into brewing.

There is the forum for beer and brewery reviews and that is the best place for providing information about your brewery and products and I don't see anything wrong with that as long as you make it clear that you're working for the brewery you're promoting. Trav is not the first to do it and won't be the last.

Oh and well done Trav, we staggered away with a bronze too :icon_cheers: . If I wasn't getting half cut on the table with the good folks from Potters then I might have mingled a bit more and caught up, maybe next year or at a VAMI meeting.

Cheers, Andrew.

(BUMP) yep hearing about the ups & downs of the local micros is some of the most intresting stuff of here

And isn't it interesting how the most controversial views around these parts are often expressed by members with very few posts. *cough* Trolls *cough*

Kooinda, well done on the success, and best of luck for the future.

I look forward to reading more about it on these forums. It's what they're for.

More posts dosnt nessicarlly mean more knowledge, just more contribution to the forum or if you look at me more shit talking according to some.

Reading back through Mr Brau's posts i'd say he's some sort of industry insider probably pretty knowledgable on brewing too but hey if he dosnt contribute how we going to ever know.

C'mon gis a hug Mr Brau :p

I was referring more to people who just join the forum to stir the %$@.

Hey Trav, tried your pale ale last night. Really enjoyed it and very much like the hop profile.
Well done and hopefully you will find a distributor here in Adelaide at some stage.

C&B
TDA

Yup. Three thumbs up on the Kooinda Pale. Tried it at the Purvis tasting and the bloke I spoke to (one of the partners I think) was a legend.

To hear about a bunch of guys putting this stuff out and their passion to put themselves on the line for it gives inspiration to us all. And their set-up sounds amazing too.

If Mr Brau is an industry insider as Fents says I'm confused as to why he would feel threatened by a bunch of guys brewing teeny 400L batches, but maybe he should be. The beer really is good and would give any of the megaswill's 'boutique brewery divisions' a thumping if they had large scale equipment and got their distribution up. Not that they'd want to - the stuff is made with care in small amounts and shows when you drink it.

Nope, I'm not affiliated with these guys, just know a good beer when I pour it down my throat, and this one leapt out at me at the Purvis tasting. Well done on taking home some metal guys :super:

Hopper.

Congrats on your wins. This thread helped my team get an equal first in the Darlo Taphouse trivia comp on Tues when Kooinda was the answer!

There's only one or two people in this thread having a go, Trav. As Millet Man says, I too think it's great for the craft guys to get on here and talk about their beer (would be nice if more of you started helping out in the All Grain and other brewing forums too, hint hint). Bridging the gap between you pros and us would-be brewers is a great outcome.

This thread helped my team get an equal first in the Darlo Taphouse trivia comp on Tues when Kooinda was the answer!

And the other team also, entirely owed to this thread.

I think we should know about the successes of small breweries, it encourages homebrewers to take that next step. And let's face it, that is where our future craft beer is going to come from, not just acedemics and existing business owners. It shows that it is possible if you put your mind to it.

Latest posts

Back