Kooinda Award

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trav

Reaction score
Hi guys, well as you can imagine I cant wipe the grin off my face. Mick and I headed off to the brownlow of beer awards at Crown Palladium last night. What a great night! Tried some fantastic beers from all over the world. Particularly enjoyed Fat Yak Pale and Youngs Double Choc Stout. Met some really nice people and talked beer beer and more beer. At the completion of the formal awards we checked the list of medals with no intention what so ever of seeing our name there. The last thing we expected to see was Bronze Medal Happy Place Brewing in the APA category. As you can imagine there were high fives, hugs and maybe even some tears by the two of us. I think the people around us must have thought we were from Feral Brewing. But no! we had just picked up a bronze! For us it was an unbelievable moment and we still cant believe it. We have come from brewing on our stoves to mixing it with the big boys in a very short time! We have a long way to go and hope to go one better next year. Thanks to anyboby who has tried a Kooi Pale and supported us over the past few months. Sorry to get so excited, but thought you might like to know!
Cheers Trav

Well done Trav....living the dream :icon_cheers: :icon_chickcheers:

if you ever get your beers up to brizzy, will be sure to give them a try.

cheers Ross

Fellas,

Congrats....

Having met Mick through the school vince runs, and having a good chat with him, i know how much this would mean.

Hope you continue to take us to that 'happy place'.....

Cheers,

Dean.

Congrats Trav, Mick and partners. You guys deserve the medal. Wish I had bought some home with me as all the guys want to taste the beer that I have been raving about.
See you next time I'm in Melbourne.
Dogs

well done guys - it must feel great to be recognised like this - keep up the good work :super:

Congrats guys, good to see some new faces in the professional scene to start taking some medals home!

Just FYI Trav, the stockist link on your website is broken... it might make it hard for you to start selling beers ;)

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

Excellent news lads, well done. :icon_cheers:

Thnaks for your positive wishes guys! Webiste will be updated and fixed this week hopefully, bad timing
Cheers
Trav

Thanks Fent for a great night, loved the beers, hows the head today mate.
Trav

Thanks Fent for a great night, loved the beers, hows the head today mate.
Trav

Thanks for feedback guys, any suggestions for some more places to approach to but our pale in. North and central parts of Melb preferably. Cheers
Trav Kooinda

Hey Trav (and Fent)

Can you please stop using AHB as an advertisement for your beer. What you do is great, but enough is enough. No need to bump yourself today - just did it for you.

Hey Trav (and Fent)

Can you please stop using AHB as an advertisement for your beer. What you do is great, but enough is enough. No need to bump yourself today - just did it for you.

Hold up, i make one post in here (and another few in another thread) and you think im advertising for them? Cry me a river....

And why the hell cant they advertise their beer on here hey? is there a rule against that? c'mon tell us why your really pissed off?

If you think im affilialited with Koooinda your wrong. I've known these boys since high school, they taught me how to brew and made me take the jump into AG. got a problem with that or even me supporting them? or are you just pissed off that they won a bronze at AIBA? have you even tried the beer? got some feedback?

dont like it? put us both on your ignore user list.... :icon_chickcheers:

edit - and another bump just to make you happy ;) sure trav will do the same.

Congrats on the award Trav, you guys at Happy Place seem to be going places pretty quickly.

Well done, enjoy the kudos (and the free bump!)

:icon_cheers: SJ

Hey Trav (and Fent)

WTF!? pull ya head in ya wet blanket!!

Fents is a top bloke so i'll bump it just for him. poor form on my behalf but hey im being a prick today as ive been at work since 5am.

Although maybe brewery owners should marked as a retailer. not just trav but people like Holgate, hargreaves etc.

PS Kooinda makes nice beer. had it at Mrs Parmas last week.

Although maybe brewery owners should marked as a retailer. not just trav but people like Holgate, hargreaves etc.

PS Kooinda makes nice beer. had it at Mrs Parmas last week.

+1 on both fronts... maybe they could have their own designation... and yep, it is a rather pleasant drop.

Good to see some guys get out there and put their balls on the line - it is a tough gig to get into and not without significant financial risk, so well done Trav and Co - great to see you guys get some recognition so early in the piece!!

Brendo

This will be the last you here from me on here for sometime, sorry i have caused these problems amongst some of you. I thought it would be a great way to inform passionate beer people who are the same as me . And yes i do bump it daily to spread the word about my beer. I have a lot of time and money invested in this venture and i was trying to let people know about my product. Sorry if i have caused you any real distress. I wont be doing it anylonger! Good luck with your brewing aspirations and thanks for your support. Sorry fent to bring you into this it. Everybody says they want to support local stuff but with neagtive feedback like this i really wonder. Cheers
Signing out Kooinda Boys

This will be the last you here from me on here for sometime, sorry i have caused these problems amongst some of you. I thought it would be a great way to inform passionate beer people who are the same as me . And yes i do bump it daily to spread the word about my beer. I have a lot of time and money invested in this venture and i was trying to let people know about my product. Sorry if i have caused you any real distress. I wont be doing it anylonger! Good luck with your brewing aspirations and thanks for your support. Sorry fent to bring you into this it. Everybody says they want to support local stuff but with neagtive feedback like this i really wonder. Cheers
Signing out Kooinda Boys

Hey Trav,

I wouldn't go running away in such a hurry mate - I don't think that there is any need for that.

Don't worry... there are plenty of muppets on here... and plenty of good fellas too... there is a lot of crap flying around on the boards at the moment, so don't take it too personally.

I reckon we can all do with taking a big collective breath for a moment...

(this ain't aimed at you mate - more at the general tone that seems to be developing around here at the moment)

As I said above... keep up the good work - it is brilliant to see new players entering the space - it only serves to strengthen the industry and provide more access points for people to discover good beer.

Cheers,

Brendo

:eek:

Whats happening to this place?? The fun police seem to working overtime!!!

Trav, no need to sign off! It's a pity some people want to winge about stuff. Personally I've enjoyed reading about your brewery setup, getting beers out into bottle-o's, and finally getting some recognition with an award.

:icon_cheers: SJ

Back