Kmart To No Longer Sell Home Brew Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnbogiatzis

Reaction score
I've recently visited several KMART stores in Sydney to find that they are all going through a restrucutre.

Many products are being ' phased out ' including home brew supplies. As far as I have seen all home brew products are now in clearance mode and there are very few (if any) products left at most stores.

Has anyone else experienced this?

John.

Same here in Hastings, Victoria.

Coles supermarket already stopped selling home brew supplies several months ago.

Safeway/Woolworths has very limited supplies.

Anyone know if BigW still have a big range?

I've recently visited several KMART stores in Sydney to find that they are all going through a restrucutre.

Many products are being ' phased out ' including home brew supplies. As far as I have seen all home brew products are now in clearance mode and there are very few (if any) products left at most stores.

John.

John.

Aww crap, i'll find out tonight i guess. i need to get some coopers PET bottles for the vic case swap so i'll give you the info for melbourne.

I wouldnt be suprised however, i went in quickly 2 weeks ago but the usual spot was filled with xmas gear so i just assumed it was somewhere else so i left it for later. Otherwise i'll be off to big w. *sigh* damn chapel st. <_<

[quote
[/quote]

BigW on the Northern Beaches is fully stocked, no specials.

Over here in the west the bigw's don't seem give any different than normalbut the kmarts I've been too have either dropped everything or minimised down to 5 types of cans and next to no accesories.

Same here in Hastings, Victoria.

Coles supermarket already stopped selling home brew supplies several months ago.

Safeway/Woolworths has very limited supplies.

I know Coles, Kmart and affiliated businesses have or are deleting the range, and that Woolies and Big W are still going to carry the range based on local demographic and sales performance. Big W carry a bigger range than Coles, such as PET bottles. caps, fermenter starting kits, accessories, Dex, BE1 and BE2, DME, spoons, grommets, some dried hops, finings and the cans of goo. With Woolies you will only get cans of goo, BE1 and 2, and in some stores caps, bottle wash and Dex.

Went to a Big W yesterday and noticed they have a very large range, more than KMart or Coles ever had.

Aww crap, i'll find out tonight i guess. i need to get some coopers PET bottles for the vic case swap so i'll give you the info for melbourne.

Unless you have no faith in your ability to avoid bottle bombs, I can give you enough coopers longnecks (glass) for it. Offered in the thread but everyone seems sorted.

Big W in Miranda have a decent range of stuff. I did go to a K mart at southpoint yesterday who had a very limited supply of coopers cans, starter kits, and PET bottles. By the sounds of it, they won't be there for long.

Unless you have no faith in your ability to avoid bottle bombs, I can give you enough coopers longnecks (glass) for it. Offered in the thread but everyone seems sorted.

i'll see if i can spend 15 dollars on 15 bottles over spending 2 hours of cleaning/scrubbing glass if possible. If all else fails i'll give you a tingle. ;)

Manticle, by his own admission, he way overcarbed his vicbrew entries, bloody keg snob ;)

csr_cubes.jpeg

Big W Ballarat has a crap range, but at least they are still stocking the stuff (for now). Reasonably priced bottle caps and dextrose for priming (or snorting or whatever the hell you want to do with it). Nowhere else in Ballarat except the LHBS for those annoying little last minute supplies.

i'll see if i can spend 15 dollars on 15 bottles over spending 2 hours of cleaning/scrubbing glass if possible. If all else fails i'll give you a tingle. ;)

All bottles coming from chez manticle have had a good soak in sodium percarb so the only thing you need to do is rinse well and sanitise - something I assume you would do with PET anyway.

Up to you and I understand the cost of PET isn't high for gentlemen of leisure and means.

BIG W are still stocking all home brew supplies. KMART have confirmed no more home brew.

On a side note the phasing out of home brew supplies from KMART is probably a good thing for smaller home brew retailers. I love my local home brew shop. always fun going for a drive down. But even the best home brew shop cannot compete against the prices of BIG W? Perhaps I might be wrong but even the online prices don't come close to what you can buy at BIG W!!!!

I LOVE MAKING MY OWN BEER!!!!!

John.

I saw this thread at work in the arvo and almost convinced my boss to leave work early... almost.
Kmart Ingle Farm in SA doesn't have any specials but they now only have four varieties of coopers.

Back