KK spunding valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossbaker

Reaction score
Hi guys, simple question for anyone with one of these. How do you increase/deacrease the psi? Does screwing the end of the valve in towards the guage increase the pressure or decrease the pressure? I'm trying mine out for the first time on a beer that has been fermenting for 5 days in a 19l corny (with a blow off) so I'm not sure how much pressure will naturally occur in the keg.

Screwing the spunding valve in towards the pressure gauge will increase the spring pressure to the valve shutting it tighter which will increase pressure when actively fermenting.

If you can, pressurise an empty keg to a few psi above the pressure you want to ferment at. Put the spunding valve on the gas post, set high. Back it off slowly until it only just bleeds out to the pressure you want to ferment at. Valve set.

If your keg has pressure already, put the spunding on fully wound in, then wind out to the pressure you want.
Also , putting some keg lube on the inner spring helps with fine tuning.

I think it's important to hold your tongue in the right spot while you fine tune.
The only way to know your pressure is to do as Mardoo has mentioned.

If you can, pressurise an empty keg to a few psi above the pressure you want to ferment at. Put the spunding valve on the gas post, set high. Back it off slowly until it only just bleeds out to the pressure you want to ferment at. Valve set.
I do the same, except with a PET bottle and carb cap.

No big deal but haven't we already done all this recently, early August under Spunding Valve?

Thanks gents, why this didn't occur to me already is a mystery! Will use pet bottle with a carb cap. Done. Sorry if this has already been discussed. Always appreciate people taking the time to answer a question even if it has been asked multiple times.

As this thread is still up, I haven't used my valve yet as I've been sidetracked into Bronzed Brews stuff. But how do you access that "inner spring" to lube it? I have a bad history of taking things apart then they stay that way.

just unscrew it very easy you will be ok with it

Latest posts

Back