KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same size as a traditional fermentasaurus, stands for the snubby and fermentasaurus are the same.

Its an enhanced Peltier.
Are there any specs on what size fermenter/s they can comfortably keep at lager fermentation temps and cold crashing etc in a hot garage in summer??

Are there any specs on what size fermenter/s they can comfortably keep at lager fermentation temps and cold crashing etc in a hot garage in summer??
The unit will give you approximately a 20-21 degree differential so if your garage is at 35 then expect around 15. Also depends if you are using the new jackets.

Any idea on the upgrade kit price for making a Fermentasaurus into the new version? Your Australian price is fine as it usually translates to about 1:1 in GBP - us Europeans get very jealous when we see your prices there but it does have to travel quite far!

Any idea on the upgrade kit price for making a Fermentasaurus into the new version? Your Australian price is fine as it usually translates to about 1:1 in GBP - us Europeans get very jealous when we see your prices there but it does have to travel quite far!
Expect around AUD$50 and I will try to make sure customers in Europe will not pay much more than that. So should be around 35GBP

Called in today to get some grain and bits and pieces, the Fermenter King was doing it's stuff the little 12 volt cooler is impressive, holds temperature and the FK building up pressure nicely.
View attachment 116757 Ambient and thermowell temperature.
View attachment 116756
Ok I give up! What exactly is the Fermenter King?
I’ve been looking for an economical way to provide both heating and cooling for fermenters free standing on a bench top.

Ok I give up! What exactly is the Fermenter King?
I’ve been looking for an economical way to provide both heating and cooling for fermenters free standing on a bench top.
So we got sick of all the reptilian connotations and decided to rename the Gen 3 Fermenters as the G3 Fermenter King and for the 60 litre unit its the G3 Fermenter King Max. Both can be heated and called with the new Thermentor King (Jacket recommended).

What will be the price of the "Thermentor King" and when would it be available?
Also, what price for the Gen 3 and when would it likely be available?

Cheers

What will be the price of the "Thermentor King" and when would it be available?
Also, what price for the Gen 3 and when would it likely be available?

Cheers
The Thermentor King is expected to be around the $250 mark (depends a bit on where our exchange rate ends up) and we are hopeful for production qty around the end of November/early December. We have a small quantity going out for testing now in Australia and Europe as we are keen for the reports from brewers other than our own. The G3 Fermenter King will be $129 and of course it is pressure capable out of the box. That makes it a very attractive proposition. For those who already have a Fermentasaurus there will be an upgrade kit available which we are hopeful will sell between $50-60 and make the existing tank into a Gen 3. So you can upgrade it for little more than the old pressure kit.

The Thermentor King is expected to be around the $250 mark (depends a bit on where our exchange rate ends up) and we are hopeful for production qty around the end of November/early December. We have a small quantity going out for testing now in Australia and Europe as we are keen for the reports from brewers other than our own. The G3 Fermenter King will be $129 and of course it is pressure capable out of the box. That makes it a very attractive proposition. For those who already have a Fermentasaurus there will be an upgrade kit available which we are hopeful will sell between $50-60 and make the existing tank into a Gen 3. So you can upgrade it for little more than the old pressure kit.
Ok so what exactly is the the thermometer king?
What is in the upgrade kit?
Sorry if these questions may have been discussed in earlier posts

Does anyone else's pressure kit tube get real stinky? Done two brews in the snubnose so far and the tube is stained to hell and smells like beer no matter how much i clean it.

yea, I got some more off e-bay, larger diameter, to make it easier to fit on the float, but that dis-colours just as quick.
maybe you need to use medical grade silicone.
I even got some bottle brushes, but they don't shift the stain either.

I was at Keg king today and saw the new PET Kegs. They were around 20 litres and good for 15 litre batches to keg, pressurise and serve direct from these kegs. What are they called though as I can't remember? Im looking forwarding to getting one when they come out.

I was at Keg king today and saw the new PET Kegs. They were around 20 litres and good for 15 litre batches to keg, pressurise and serve direct from these kegs. What are they called though as I can't remember? Im looking forwarding to getting one when they come out.
Steady on there cobber, you could get accused of working for Keg King.;)

The actual keg is called the King Keg, set up as you saw it could be called something else, I will be getting one, I think it looks neat, but for me only for serving, it does give an actual insight to the working on the inside of a keg.

The actual keg is called the King Keg, set up as you saw it could be called something else, I will be getting one, I think it looks neat, but for me only for serving, it does give an actual insight to the working on the inside of a keg.
The 20L King Keg set up as a fermenter with floating dip tube and ball lock posts is called Fermenter King Junior, or just Junior for short. It's made from the same material as our 35L tanks and is actually stronger due to its size and shape. Currently we have a Hefe in one on display in the retail outlet.

The 20L King Keg set up as a fermenter with floating dip tube and ball lock posts is called Fermenter King Junior, or just Junior for short. It's made from the same material as our 35L tanks and is actually stronger due to its size and shape. Currently we have a Hefe in one on display in the retail outlet.
I only saw the empty one next to the register. Looked ideal for smaller batches which is what Ive been after for awhile now. I want to try and brew a Neipa in it and reduce exposure to Co2. When do you think they will be out?

Its ok, Ive just found a thread on it.

When will the new fermentasaurus be available via the website?
I need to do some brews for xmas and need a new fermenter, preferably pressurisable
I've been tossing up just making a kegmentor, but if they'll be online in the next week or so I'll just wait

Last edited:
To sample or not to sample...

So i've got a beer in my snubby that is most likely at FG now, but i am hesitant to take a sample due to a very large dryhop (dry hopped early so was mid-fermentation). The floating dip tube appears to be sitting amongst a whole bunch of spend hop garbage, and i feel if i try and draw a sample before i cold crash i could end up with a blockage... or at least some gunk sitting in there and hardening up until i do my final transfer?

Latest posts

Back