KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 35653

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone have any thoughts on the soon to be released (February) KK PET fermenter?

You can see it here if you haven't already: http://www.oxebar.com.au/fermentasaurus/

They've indicated on their facebook it will be $129RRP for the 'Standard' kit: http://www.oxebar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Fermentasaurus-Gravity-System.jpg
and an additional $40 for the 'pressure kit': http://www.oxebar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Fermentasaurus-Pressure-Lid.jpg

The total height including the airlock is 940mm. The Diameter of the stainless wire base at the widest point is 395mm.

Let my know your thoughts/concerns if any.

Thanks!

I like it. Pressure rating for transfer is a plus and ferment under pressure. Clear for full view ferment and Trub and yeast trap for pre and post ferment.

Handles on the stand would be a good idea?

Mr Wibble said:
How big is it ?
Page doesn't say (or I can't read).

Hope it's 60 litres
First title on the page 'Fermentasaurus 35L'..

They mentioned within the FB post that it's the max size they can make on the machine due to the cone shape.

Am seriously looking at these.

Only downside for me is that at present, I can fit two 25 L plastic fermenters into my fermentation fridge, whereas I will only be able to fit in one of these conicals.

I think I can work out how there is no need to rack

can you bulk prime , assuming you still need to bottle which can lead to irregular or uneven carbonation )

looks good and the need to man handle (lift) racked fermentors which can be heavy

will wait for the video

Black Devil Dog said:
I like the look of them, but stubborn Krausen might be difficult to get to when cleaning.
I've asked the question. I'd be hoping it's >4". Don't expect a reply as they're closed but will let you know what I find out.

Interesting, but would wish to know the life expectancy of the fermenter before budgeting for one.

warra48 said:
Interesting, but would wish to know the life expectancy of the fermenter before budgeting for one.
Good point! Are KK a sponsor by any chance?

warra48 said:
I would also be wondering whether boiling water could be used to rinse / sanitise given that it's only PET.

Can only see that pressure relief valve is rated @35psi-was under the impression that 22psi was top end of the range that yeast was viable-above that and there was a chance of killing yeast which increased the higher the pressure went-my 2c's worth

Hey guys my understanding is that the pet fermenter is disposable. I've heard rumours that they are reasonably priced. KK needs to comment on this.

Lager Bloke said:
Can only see that pressure relief valve is rated @35psi-was under the impression that 22psi was top end of the range
Just because the prv is rated at 35psi doesn't mean you have to pressurise at only that pressure.

Yeah, I know PET is less oxygen permeable than HDPE, but for the ability to no chill in, I'll be sticking with HDPE or Stainless :/
an SS Chronical or DIY kegmenter is looking like my best choice

jibba02 said:
Just because the prv is rated at 35psi doesn't mean you have to pressurise at only that pressure.
It's a pull type relief valve like on cornies, you can't set individual pressures

Latest posts

Back