KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found the best method of dry hopping is in a bag, doesn't help you with your current dilemma, but something to keep in mind.
I stick it into secondary run the venting co2 through until the final day or two before transfering.
001.JPG

When will the new fermentasaurus be available via the website?
I need to do some brews for xmas and need a new fermenter, preferably pressurisable
I've been tossing up just making a kegmentor, but if they'll be online in the next week or so I'll just wait
Hoping that we have them out before the end of the month.

To sample or not to sample...

So i've got a beer in my snubby that is most likely at FG now, but i am hesitant to take a sample due to a very large dryhop (dry hopped early so was mid-fermentation). The floating dip tube appears to be sitting amongst a whole bunch of spend hop garbage, and i feel if i try and draw a sample before i cold crash i could end up with a blockage... or at least some gunk sitting in there and hardening up until i do my final transfer?

So i did get a blockage about halfway through my closed transfer. Ended up turning up the CO2 and pushing the gas into the fermenter liquid post, pushed out whatever was in there and it was fine after. In other news 1318 floccs like a beast and took i'd say about 99.5% of the hops with it

So if your going to pressure ferment in the fermentaurus or fermenter king junior and serve direct from the vessel are you guys dry hopping in a bag and pulling it out later or just throwing them in naked and letting them settle out when you chill the beer? Im worried about them causing grassy flavours by being left in there too long.

Or should we be transferring to another keg when doing a dry hopped beer?

I just brought a fermenter king junior and wanted to try pressure fermenting then serving direct from the vessel. But my recipe has a dry hop so I will be dry hopping in the FKJ.
I was going to do a ferment in the junior small batch, the then transfer to the Snubby for secondary ferment, cold crash in the Snubby, wash and sanitize the Junior and use it for serving. If I was to dry hop I would put a bag in snubby.

I was going to do a ferment in the junior small batch, the then transfer to the Snubby for secondary ferment, cold crash in the Snubby, wash and sanitize the Junior and use it for serving. If I was to dry hop I would put a bag in snubby.
Do you know where the o rings on the posts are supposed to go in the junior? Top of lid or bottom where the thread is?

Welll,,,Yeah..isnt that the idea of the whole snub nose and FKJ thing? To ferment and serve from the same vessel?
I think you would be better off with 2 units, the other thing is if you are going to dry hop in the serving vessel then you will have to drink the contents pretty quick if you are worried about grassiness.

I think you would be better off with 2 units, the other thing is if you are going to dry hop in the serving vessel then you will have to drink the contents pretty quick if you are worried about grassiness.
I was thinking that as it will be chilled down to 3C the hop grassiness will take longer to come through. I had someone else confirm this.

O rings won’t seal threads. They need two smooth surfaces to seal. Top of the lid to seal on the smooth surface surface of the post.
That is right. They go on top.

It’s one of the reasons we made them so cheap is that people can afford to buy two. We might look at doing a twin pack with liquid transfer line thrown in.

So why do you love your Fermentasaurus, me I love to watch the yeasties bounce up and down but most of all I have started collecting yeast, saves me a bit of coin which I only spend on other stuff anyway. This is my latest effort, unwashed from a non dry hopped brew with Imperial A15 Indepenence yeast
upload_2019-12-8_17-13-17.png

Latest posts

Back