Kiwi Pubs Glass Sizes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my, lower hutt? :unsure: :eek: Thats where I was born mate, may pay to take a knife/gun with you :lol: Its pretty dodgy compared with Wellington and Auckland...

And yeah Nick, sadly too many flash (read gay) Auckland pubs, theyve done away with the jugs (apart from the macs bars - but from memory the macs jugs are like $24), and most are doing away with pints also :(

Wellington on the other hand is pretty much the beer capital of NZ, and dont forget to stop off at regional wines and spirits Bribie to fill your own rigger of NZ craft beer!! - Seriously youre much better off walking the extra 10 minutes to go there than bother with New World IMO

Has anyone mentioned the malthouse in wellington?

http://www.themalthouse.co.nz/

They usually have arounmd 15 beers on tap

Might give Lower Hutt a miss :p
Malthouse it is - pints from 8 to 10 of their dollars, better than the platform bar, looks fine.

malt_house.JPG

just to get up a head of steam to head for Regional Wines and Spirits to fill a jerrycan :icon_drunk:

Might give Lower Hutt a miss :p
Malthouse it is - pints from 8 to 10 of their dollars, better than the platform bar, looks fine.

View attachment 40094

just to get up a head of steam to head for Regional Wines and Spirits to fill a jerrycan :icon_drunk:

Bribie - trust me, give Lower Hutt a miss. Not that it's a particularly terrible place, but you shouldnt go out of your way (and yes, it's out of your way!) to visit.

Cheers - Mike

Edit, Nick if you join BABBs you'll eventually meet the other Nick, NickB and we can form a club within the club "the rice bandits" haha

I think I have a problem. SWMBO's folks gave us some Riz Sauvage (Wild Rice) a while back from Ontario (no idea how customs let it through... :huh: ) and I was seriously thinking about using it in a brew (it's black!) until I found out it isn't actually rice. But I still might...

Your Wellington itinerary looks good. Te Papa is a must-see. Can't go wrong with the Macs beers - I drank heaps last Xmas of Great White weizen. Get it at the supermarket for NZD$10 a six pack.

Bring back a 5KG of B Saaz!

Latest posts

Back