kit and can?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sticksy

Reaction score
has anyone gotten a decent pale from the coopers aust pale ale can?
I want to know whay would work best 1kg dex and 500g LDM/coopers BE2 and 500G LDM/1x can amber malt?

real ale can or pale ale can?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've got a real ale going now, recipe is:

1 x Coopers Real Ale
1kg x LDME
400g x Dex
12g x Cascade hops steeped for 15min
Going to dry hop with 15g x Cascade hops

Hydro samples taste great, think this will be a winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I mostly used the Coopers pale ale can when I was still on kits (not that long go...). One of my stock brews was the pale ale can, 1kg light dry malt and 15g (or something like that) cascade steeped for 10 mins in a cup of water from the kettle. Dry hop with another 20g cascade after 3 days.

sounds good. how long after initial ferment do you dry hop?

eg. hops in bag, throw them in fermenter the day after initial brew?

When SG reaches 1020-15 as the activity slows

I've actually got a CPA can in at the moment,

CPA can
1kg DME
500g dry wheat malt
Centennial and Citra double dry hopped

manson81 said:
I mostly used the Coopers pale ale can when I was still on kits (not that long go...). One of my stock brews was the pale ale can, 1kg light dry malt and 15g (or something like that) cascade steeped for 10 mins in a cup of water from the kettle. Dry hop with another 20g cascade after 3 days.
I agree with this, keep it simple. The pale ale can + 1kg light dried malt as a base then you can look into steeping grains, boiling hops etc if you want but the can + 1kg malt works well for me anyway, it's what I do for 90% of my brews. The only thing that I change each time is the hopping rates and grains steeped.

Some others reviews and suggestions for this kit: http://ratebeerkits.com/items/view/coopers-australian-pale-ale

1x APA can and 1xAmber malt can? then try steeping etc in the next brew after that with this same base.

Another good trick is to use recultured Coopers bottle yeast to give you the characteristic banana and pear esters.

Sent from my brain not using Tapatalk

I got one cold crashing at moment.
CPA can, breiss 1.5kg pilsen malt, 1kg brew booster, 20g simcoe and 20g zythos.

yeah I want to try the reculturing coopers thing too. Thanks for the help

Back