Killed Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdsaint

Reaction score
Have I killed my brew

sg was 1050 fg for past 2 days is 1012 5.4%
was in primary for 5 days till it got to 1012, transfered to secondary, it has been their for 1 day.
All up been fermenting for 6 days now. Air lock was bubbling nicely before racking the brew to secondary, since it has been their I have got nothing. Can I expect to be bottling tomorrow? As I favoured another week in secondary.

I also tried to warm it up last night with towels from 18-20degrees up to around 22-24 with no change, it's been brewing at 18degrees throughout the whole week.
Any suggestions? I am Happy to bottle whenever.

Have I killed my brew

was in primary for 5 days till it got to 1012, transfered to secondary, it has been their for 1 day.
All up been fermenting for 6 days now. Air lock was bubbling nicely before racking the brew to secondary, since it has been their I have got nothing. Can I expect to be bottling tomorrow? As I favoured another week in secondary.

I also tried to warm it up last night with towels from 18-20degrees up to around 22-24 with no change, it's been brewing at 18degrees throughout the whole week.

My son, if you gonna display the big red v, please learn that we men who follow the mighties are patient beasts. I saw the 1979 gf win. Sure its been a while since then. Patience grasshopper. Time is on our side.

Why transfer from primary after 5 days when everything going sweet ? Most people look at twice as long in secondary as primary. Why you warming the brew - you want a cup of tea, use the kettle.

Son, I think you need a proverbial arse kicking. Sounds like you are keen, young, fired up - just bloody inexperienced and therefore likely to be a liability. Do the following. Post the entire kit recipe you are purporting to have made on this site. Spare no gory details. Tell the truth. Then let the vultures come in and attack your worthless carcass. Those who attack your footy team willl have me to deal with. Twenty years in some tough front rows, I can handle myself. You, you've opened up your blindside. Let everyone tell you what you have done wrong. Then learn from it. What doesn't kill you will make you strong.

Bring on Wayne redv_lmember_redvmemberimag.jpg

morgans blue mountain lager 1.7kg
morgans light pale extract malt 1.5kg
can yeast as suggest by the hbs
20 ltrs of spring water
3 ltrs boiling water

all things said " trnsfer to secondary between 1016-1010" hence 1012

I have seen the heartache of 1999, I have seen the heartache of 05-06 1 win away from the gf, how in the world can brownie be a bad coach? is he making tackles? the players need to step up

Bennetts a tosser and should stay in queensland as a die hard dragons fan through the torment and pain, I am not a closet supporter. I wear the gear everyday of the year, and those who dis us never say who they support.

My son, if you gonna display the big red v, please learn that we men who follow the mighties are patient beasts. I saw the 1979 gf win. Sure its been a while since then. Patience grasshopper. Time is on our side.

Why transfer from primary after 5 days when everything going sweet ? Most people look at twice as long in secondary as primary. Why you warming the brew - you want a cup of tea, use the kettle.

Son, I think you need a proverbial arse kicking. Sounds like you are keen, young, fired up - just bloody inexperienced and therefore likely to be a liability. Do the following. Post the entire kit recipe you are purporting to have made on this site. Spare no gory details. Tell the truth. Then let the vultures come in and attack your worthless carcass. Those who attack your footy team willl have me to deal with. Twenty years in some tough front rows, I can handle myself. You, you've opened up your blindside. Let everyone tell you what you have done wrong. Then learn from it. What doesn't kill you will make you strong.

Bring on WayneView attachment 18426

What are you going on about?? :icon_offtopic:

Have I killed my brew

Essentially your biggest mistake was going to secondary too soon. I rack after 10 days, at least. Also- you're jumping the gun a little, concerned after one day on secondary. I'd say that your fermentation has slowed, but not stopped. You'll have to leave it for some time yet before it's fermented out properly.

Maybe he was being metaphorical?

Cheers,

microbe

Latest posts

Back