kegs and Alcohol

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patty

Reaction score
hey fellow brewers

I brew my home brew in the fermenter as normal and then transfer to a 50 litre dispenser CUB (Carlton Keg) So i do a double batch of 46 litres, when I cook a brew!

Now I love my beer I wouldn't be home brewing if didnt , but is it me or does homebrew hold more alcohol content at the bottom of the keg, as I have had many a session n the homebrew and it seems I can knock over many a pint at the start of the keg and not have "much effect, it just seems towards the last 8 litres or so when brew starts to get" cloudy" in appearance that the effects of alcohol also seem to increase,I know this sounds odd but it's just what I have noticed, anyone else thought the same or?

It's all in your head

Also, the keg draws from the bottom not the top

I should have mentioned that this is not in the same drinking session either so example I can knock over 8 pints and have frig all effect but it seems on the end of the keg and the same keg I can have 4 pints and have a buzz" it's like WTF ?

Draughton said:
It's all in your head

Also, the keg draws from the bottom not the top
Agreed

You may fart more though, and that can be fun sometimes.

Carbonation could play a part but I don't think it would be enough to notice

I think you need to look at other variables. Also, I generally get clearer beer as the keg empties, how are yours getting cloudy with the last 5 litres?. But I do get pissed when a keg blows.

thx Gents for your replies, I just found it strange maybe these HB sessions of mine are getting longer than I thought?

Anyway if that the case I just wish all my home brews were like my last 12 or so pints it seems I wouldn't have to brew as many!

patty said:
thx Gents for your replies, I just found it strange maybe these HB sessions of mine are getting longer than I thought?

Anyway if that the case I just wish all my home brews were like my last 12 or so pints it seems I wouldn't have to brew as many!

No need to thank us patty we are always glad to help where ever we can...what's that smell? :blink:

Latest posts

Back