Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey...Good morning...I heard that it is not necessary to whirpool in generation 4...due to the central hole in the pan...is that true?
maybe look through previous posts here i believe this question has already been asked and answered

Will you be getting any VooDoo? I have found this a very useful addition.

The VooDoo up until now has not been requestsed so it's not something we currently stock but if you email us and put in a special order we can special order a sack for you. If we get enough requests we will also stock it as one of our standard malts.

We do have close to 100 malts at the moment so it's aready a sizeable range to carry. We also want to make sure that every malt we stock has good turnover otherwise it's just doing you guys a diservice. If the malt is stale you would be better off substituting for something that is fresher with higher turnover. So this is our main concern.

maybe look through previous posts here i believe this question has already been asked and answered
If you has 5 people you will get 5 different answers to this question. With that said I personaly think it's a waste of time as the false bottome separates quite a bit of the junk anyway. You would probably be better of just recirculating the boiling wort for a few minutes before you make the transfer.

Yeah plan was to hardwire the Rapt heat output to the SSR and drive the element via the SSR similar to running a pid but with the Rapt wireless options and mashing profiles etc.

If the Rapt has PID control it would be good to ramp the element up and down but on/off could work as well

Just swapped my HLT/Herms to a 4800w element but could go back to a 3600w if I really had too (could run the 15amp Rapt without any mods)

To be quite frank we have overrated the relays in this temp controller. We use 30amp relays inside the box. So technically the relays can handle almost 7kw. With that said we did not do testing over 3600watts so you would be on your own.

If you really wanted to use the RAPT temp controller for higher loads my guess is that it would work fine but you would really have to remove the current cables and replace them with higher amperage cables and this would probably work but it's just not something we have done or tested ourselves so it's difficult to give advice on suitability. If you do make this modification it would be great to hear how you go and if you can report back to the forum this would be great as I am sure others would also be keen to hear how you go.

Here is the datasheet for the relays that we use:

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/1350755/Ningbo/JT105F-1/1
1705186774591.png

Hi @KegLand-com-au

Are there any safety issues with storing a CO2 bottle and nitrogen canister together (for a future kegerator) under a weatherproof bench, alongside an LPG bottle for an adjoining bbq? The bench is in a shady location, but enclosed by walls and front cabinetry. Cheers.
This is no problem at all. They can all be stored together.

To be quite frank we have overrated the relays in this temp controller. We use 30amp relays inside the box. So technically the relays can handle almost 7kw. With that said we did not do testing over 3600watts so you would be on your own.

If you really wanted to use the RAPT temp controller for higher loads my guess is that it would work fine but you would really have to remove the current cables and replace them with higher amperage cables and this would probably work but it's just not something we have done or tested ourselves so it's difficult to give advice on suitability. If you do make this modification it would be great to hear how you go and if you can report back to the forum this would be great as I am sure others would also be keen to hear how you go.

Here is the datasheet for the relays that we use:

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/1350755/Ningbo/JT105F-1/1
View attachment 124158
I'm assuming for 15amp plugs your running 2.5mm2 cable?

I'm running 4mm2 on my 3600w and 4800w element as extra headroom

My 2400w elements are on 2.5mm2 but with thicker insulation (and 15amp plugs)

The VooDoo up until now has not been requestsed so it's not something we currently stock but if you email us and put in a special order we can special order a sack for you. If we get enough requests we will also stock it as one of our standard malts.

We do have close to 100 malts at the moment so it's aready a sizeable range to carry. We also want to make sure that every malt we stock has good turnover otherwise it's just doing you guys a diservice. If the malt is stale you would be better off substituting for something that is fresher with higher turnover. So this is our main concern.
Makes sense. Not worth stocking if no demand for it. Instead of VooDoo similar results were obtained using a mix of Melanoidin, Munich, Crystal & CarPils but it is just easier to use VooDoo. Will shoot you an email when it's time to order.

Hey looking at the bench units again and they don't seem to have any temp readout or guidance on how much they cool

Whats the expected output temp with a 20c ambient liquid?

I'm assuming for 15amp plugs your running 2.5mm2 cable?

I'm running 4mm2 on my 3600w and 4800w element as extra headroom

My 2400w elements are on 2.5mm2 but with thicker insulation (and 15amp plugs)

The cable mm2 will depend on the length of the cable for the same 15amp power consumption. For instance if your cable is less then 5 meters then you can get away with 1.5mm2. If however your cable is longer then 25mm that you will have to increase to 2.5mm2

Hey looking at the bench units again and they don't seem to have any temp readout or guidance on how much they cool

Whats the expected output temp with a 20c ambient liquid?

Which model of bench unit do you mean? Can you send the link?

They are slightly too big diameter so you would have to force them into that hole. It might work but it would not be ideal.
I can't find a similar sized silicone flat seal of similar size to the flexi-arm seals. Do you plan to stock replacement spares for the flexi-arm seals? Either with the step or without?

I'm curious to hear from folks who don't use the top plate in their BZ gen 4 . What do you do instead to get an even distribution of recirculating wort over the grain bed?

My collection of gadgets, I can’t help myself. The stainless piece is the best one for spreading wort back over the grain bed. The red one is a CIP from KL.
IMG_0454.jpeg

My collection of gadgets, I can’t help myself. The stainless piece is the best one for spreading wort back over the grain bed. The red one is a CIP from KL.
View attachment 124180

Thanks for that. As you have purchased all of these which one would you recommend to a new customer?

I am guessing the stainless one is more expensive but is it worth the extra cost? Would love to hear your feedback.

Latest posts

Back