Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question on stock of the Brewzilla Gen 4 35 litre. It looks like you're currently out of stuck (or I'm just missing it). If out of stock, do you know when it may be back in?

Not quite ready to purchase (cost of living!) but hoping to do so sometime this year.

Also, what's the price?

Quick question on stock of the Brewzilla Gen 4 35 litre. It looks like you're currently out of stuck (or I'm just missing it). If out of stock, do you know when it may be back in?

Not quite ready to purchase (cost of living!) but hoping to do so sometime this year.

Also, what's the price?
$605 and in stock

Last edited:
Heya KL,

Would you mind reviewing your grain bill per kg prices?

On almost everything you are cheaper than competitors but on grain it swings the other way. You are also the ones with the 'automated' grain dispensing system, everyone else is full manual yet they are still cheaper.

And if we need to split dark grains, then we might be up for $8 worth of crushing and bagging fees.

Let's take Simpsons Maris Otter as an example:

You sell it by the sack for $81.75, ($3.27 kg) the grain bill maker has it for $6.20 kg ($155 for 25kg). That's an 89% mark up on what we can assume is the already retail price for a 25kg bag.

Your Melbourne competitors have the same thing for $6kg, $5.70 and the smallest has it for $5.50kg. I'm surprised to find you guys are more than 10% more expensive than Greensborough Homebrew, I figure you'd have greater buying power and high turn over. Vic regional homebrew shops have it for $6 a kg! I didn't cherry pick either, just picked a popular malt at random to use for comparison.

If we presume the AVERAGE sized grain order is 5kg, then add another 80c a kilo for double crush and baggin, 20c for uncrushed and bag.

Cheers,

Any word on when Gen 4 100L is going to be available in the US? Is there info on what plug it will be so I can at least have that ready? Thanks.

Any word on when Gen 4 100L is going to be available in the US? Is there info on what plug it will be so I can at least have that ready? Thanks.

We have started to ship these to other countries but we have been concerned about how customers will power this in America. The BrewZilla 100L requires 6.6kw of power. Would you prefer to have this as a 110v or 220v appliance for yourself? Would you prefer it to be three phase or single phase?

We have started to ship these to other countries but we have been concerned about how customers will power this in America. The BrewZilla 100L requires 6.6kw of power. Would you prefer to have this as a 110v or 220v appliance for yourself? Would you prefer it to be three phase or single phase?
Unfortunately for America, the three phase isn’t usually an option for home brewers. Those connections typically will be limited to commercial type buildings. So single phase would be my thought.

Powering the 6.6kw, the 220-240 almost would be a must. I’d be less concerned with with people lacking access to these outlets. With the EV sales picking up many houses are now having 220/50amp outlets installed in garages, especially new constructions. Having an adapter to go to the NEMA 14-50 plug style would be a great item to offer.

With that said, I’ve been thinking I could maybe try to wire the unit differently myself. I’ve thought about cutting an opening in the base, running the wiring to this and installing a EV J1772 style plug receptacle on the unit or just a standard NEMA 14-50 male receptacle. Would rather have something that screwed into connection for water reason though. This would allow me to retain the detachable power cable, a feature I love with my 35L 110v.

Unfortunately for America, the three phase isn’t usually an option for home brewers. Those connections typically will be limited to commercial type buildings. So single phase would be my thought.

Powering the 6.6kw, the 220-240 almost would be a must. I’d be less concerned with with people lacking access to these outlets. With the EV sales picking up many houses are now having 220/50amp outlets installed in garages, especially new constructions. Having an adapter to go to the NEMA 14-50 plug style would be a great item to offer.

With that said, I’ve been thinking I could maybe try to wire the unit differently myself. I’ve thought about cutting an opening in the base, running the wiring to this and installing a EV J1772 style plug receptacle on the unit or just a standard NEMA 14-50 male receptacle. Would rather have something that screwed into connection for water reason though. This would allow me to retain the detachable power cable, a feature I love with my 35L 110v.

Technically the BrewZilla 100L would be able to get away with the NEMA 14-30. Given that at 220v it would be 6313watts we are just under the 30amp limit at 220v. If that is an option would you prefer the NEMA 14-30 over the NEMA 14-50?

We have seen a large number of Nano-brewerys really love using the BrewZilla 100L unit as it works out to be a really great value product with not much competition in this size range.

I know it's nice to have the power cable unplug from the boiler but we find with brewers using these portable breweries one issue we see a bit is when the cable is not plugged in all the way it can arc quite a bit and cause damage to either the socket or the cable. For appliances that are not moving it's generally not an issue but for some appliances that are on castor wheels like the BrewZilla 100L on the Dolly wheels we sometimes find having the plug on the boiler a bit dicey for these high amp current demand. So this would be our main apprehension to do this.

We have decided not to sell the pump head separately at this stage. We do not feel that the demand is there for us to sell just the head on it's own so we only have the whole pump as an assembly like this.
Understood. For those who have wired pumps to controllers. Are the head interchangeable with the old motors ie. purchase the kit and just use the head then on-sell the brand new motor with a standard plastic or SS/threaded head?

Understood. For those who have wired pumps to controllers. Are the head interchangeable with the old motors ie. purchase the kit and just use the head then on-sell the brand new motor with a standard plastic or SS/threaded head?

If it's a motor from us then they will be compatable. There are some very similar looking motors from other people and they are not compatible.

I should also say when you purchase the whole pump assembly the feet are slightly different too.

As the tri-clover clamp requires a small amount more clearance to be ergonomic we have made the legs slightly taller too. So these legs circled in the image are slightly longer than the standard leg. As this is the case you are really better off purchasing the whole assembly for this reason. The other way to solve it is just to pack some washers under the legs and this will also solve the same problem too but it's kina nicer just to get the whole assembly and swap it out.
1685670928712.png

Technically the BrewZilla 100L would be able to get away with the NEMA 14-30. Given that at 220v it would be 6313watts we are just under the 30amp limit at 220v. If that is an option would you prefer the NEMA 14-30 over the NEMA 14-50?

We have seen a large number of Nano-brewerys really love using the BrewZilla 100L unit as it works out to be a really great value product with not much competition in this size range.

I know it's nice to have the power cable unplug from the boiler but we find with brewers using these portable breweries one issue we see a bit is when the cable is not plugged in all the way it can arc quite a bit and cause damage to either the socket or the cable. For appliances that are not moving it's generally not an issue but for some appliances that are on castor wheels like the BrewZilla 100L on the Dolly wheels we sometimes find having the plug on the boiler a bit dicey for these high amp current demand. So this would be our main apprehension to do this.
I’ve thought on this a day or two. The NEMA 14-30 might be the better option on your end is what I came to decide. Personally I’d rather have the 14-50 to avoid pulling the other cord at near max load for extended periods of time. With that said you can easily get adapters to go from a 50amp hook up to a 30 amp plug. As a company this would let you ship with one hookup and maximize the amount of customers that could plug and play quickly.

As long as you are comfortable with that amount of draw through the cord, I’d say The NEMA 14-30 is best.

Is a Series X.1 Plus model in the pipeline?

With the current Series X we have found a few other small tweaks that has enabled us to increase electrical efficiency even further. As a result these new Series X.1 will be more electrically efficient than the Series X.

As you can see from that link we have the Series X.1 only available in stainless steel finish at this stage but eventually all the current Series X will become Series X.1

With respect to the Series X Plus this larger format kegerator we do not have immediate plans to bring out a Seires X.1 Plus at this stage.

I've just used my new Brewzilla Gen 4 for the first time and already love it.

One question I have about the controller, is if there's a way to remove the onscreen prompt to register and connect the system to WIFI?

I will eventually but just at the moment I'm wanting to just roll with it 'offline.'

I've just used my new Brewzilla Gen 4 for the first time and already love it.

One question I have about the controller, is if there's a way to remove the onscreen prompt to register and connect the system to WIFI?

I will eventually but just at the moment I'm wanting to just roll with it 'offline.'
all you need to do to cancel wifi is

1 go to settings
2 scroll down till you see disable Wifi
3 click on it
4 check yes disable wifi
however though you may miss updates to the firmware when you have wifi disabled

Back