Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all you need to do to cancel wifi is

1 go to settings
2 scroll down till you see disable Wifi
3 click on it
4 check yes disable wifi
however though you may miss updates to the firmware when you have wifi disabled

Thanks, Oz. I think I sort of should have worked that one out. haha.

I do plan on registering it a bit down the track but I'm brewing outside and our WIFI is patchy out there at best. I'll probably get that sorted out a bit later this year.

Heya KL,

Would you mind reviewing your grain bill per kg prices?

On almost everything you are cheaper than competitors but on grain it swings the other way. You are also the ones with the 'automated' grain dispensing system, everyone else is full manual yet they are still cheaper.

And if we need to split dark grains, then we might be up for $8 worth of crushing and bagging fees.

Let's take Simpsons Maris Otter as an example:

You sell it by the sack for $81.75, ($3.27 kg) the grain bill maker has it for $6.20 kg ($155 for 25kg). That's an 89% mark up on what we can assume is the already retail price for a 25kg bag.

Your Melbourne competitors have the same thing for $6kg, $5.70 and the smallest has it for $5.50kg. I'm surprised to find you guys are more than 10% more expensive than Greensborough Homebrew, I figure you'd have greater buying power and high turn over. Vic regional homebrew shops have it for $6 a kg! I didn't cherry pick either, just picked a popular malt at random to use for comparison.

If we presume the AVERAGE sized grain order is 5kg, then add another 80c a kilo for double crush and baggin, 20c for uncrushed and bag.

Cheers,
*bump*

Also, what's the part number for the spring clamps used in the CIP video, couldn't find em on the website.
Ta.

Sorry we do not have these on the website yet. We are going to change suppliers for these as we have found a new supplier of spring clamps that have a larger grip on them that makes it easier to grab hold of the clamp. In the meantime I would recommend using the butterfly hose clamp:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/stainless-steel-butterfly-hose-clamp-14-25-mm
Alternatively I really think the best solution is to use the flexi arm in my opinion.

Sorry we do not have these on the website yet. We are going to change suppliers for these as we have found a new supplier of spring clamps that have a larger grip on them that makes it easier to grab hold of the clamp. In the meantime I would recommend using the butterfly hose clamp:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/stainless-steel-butterfly-hose-clamp-14-25-mm
Alternatively I really think the best solution is to use the flexi arm in my opinion.
Thanks for that, will look at getting a flexi arm. As for the other part of my question, any idea when the BZ100 jacket will be out, would love to save some energy when boiling such a big unit.

Hey why do your K-Lok fittings not work together?

https://www.kegland.com.au/products/k-lok-male-x-tap-shank-adaptor
Doesn't work with K-Lok Female x 5/8 Female - KegLand I know because I brought one of each and they don't fit together

I want to run K-Lok fittings with a shank setup so need a female 5/8 however from what I can tell your
K-Lok Male x Tap Shank Adaptor - KegLand only work with the

K-Lok Female x 3/4 Male (Tap Shank) - KegLand or K-Lok Female x 5/8 Male (Font Adaptor) - KegLand

Thanks for that, will look at getting a flexi arm. As for the other part of my question, any idea when the BZ100 jacket will be out, would love to save some energy when boiling such a big unit.

This is not too far away now. I think the BZ1000 jacket will be available in about 4-5 weeks now. I have just been informed that they are finished but they are just waiting to be allocated to a container.

Hey why do your K-Lok fittings not work together?

https://www.kegland.com.au/products/k-lok-male-x-tap-shank-adaptor
Doesn't work with K-Lok Female x 5/8 Female - KegLand I know because I brought one of each and they don't fit together

I want to run K-Lok fittings with a shank setup so need a female 5/8 however from what I can tell your
K-Lok Male x Tap Shank Adaptor - KegLand only work with the

K-Lok Female x 3/4 Male (Tap Shank) - KegLand or K-Lok Female x 5/8 Male (Font Adaptor) - KegLand
Yes our k-lok fittings do fit together. The only issue is that some 5/8 threaded shanks do not have a large enough bore. So if you try and fit this k-lok fittings directly on the shank when the tap shank adaptor pushes down onto the k-lock female fitting the white plastic check valve collides with the shank. The reason this happens is that well designed shanks are designed with a small internal bore so you have less liquid sitting in the shank body. The only issue with this is that the bore is so small that when the check valve is depressed it needs somewhere to go.

This can be resolved by packing in a couple washers into this k-lok fitting where the 5/8 female thread is and making sure the hole in the middle of the washer has sufficient size to accommodate the check valve or alternatively you can take apart the k-lok fitting and cut the plastic check valve down. Thirdly another option is you can more out some of the shank hole to make it wider diameter just at the end so the check valve can fit in. Alternatively you can purchase this assembly where this has already been done for you:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/100mm-all-shank-5-8-plain-thread-304-stainless-steel-k-lok-compatible

We do get a lot of customers use this common pump too for glycol:
Replacement Bucket Blaster Submersible Pump 2000L/H, 3.2m Head - AU Plug - KegLand

This has 1/2" thread on the top so it fits most of the fittings that we also sell. The flow rate is also a bit higher. This pump is larger than any of the links you have put above.

Yes our k-lok fittings do fit together. The only issue is that some 5/8 threaded shanks do not have a large enough bore. So if you try and fit this k-lok fittings directly on the shank when the tap shank adaptor pushes down onto the k-lock female fitting the white plastic check valve collides with the shank. The reason this happens is that well designed shanks are designed with a small internal bore so you have less liquid sitting in the shank body. The only issue with this is that the bore is so small that when the check valve is depressed it needs somewhere to go.

This can be resolved by packing in a couple washers into this k-lok fitting where the 5/8 female thread is and making sure the hole in the middle of the washer has sufficient size to accommodate the check valve or alternatively you can take apart the k-lok fitting and cut the plastic check valve down. Thirdly another option is you can more out some of the shank hole to make it wider diameter just at the end so the check valve can fit in. Alternatively you can purchase this assembly where this has already been done for you:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/100mm-all-shank-5-8-plain-thread-304-stainless-steel-k-lok-compatible

So cut down the plastic check valve in the one I have, god what a pain in the ass I am not super keen doing this across multiple other fittings

Your links don't work and I couldn't locate what your referring too on the website only one I could find was a short barbtail shank with a K-lok connection

Not keen to space with washers as its more places for bugs to hide, could you sell shorter check valves so that this will work with shanks?

So cut down the plastic check valve in the one I have, god what a pain in the ass I am not super keen doing this across multiple other fittings

Your links don't work and I couldn't locate what your referring too on the website only one I could find was a short barbtail shank with a K-lok connection

Not keen to space with washers as its more places for bugs to hide, could you sell shorter check valves so that this will work with shanks?
This was the link 100mm 5/8 All Thread Shank (with Black Plastic Collar and 5/8 nut) - KegLand not sure if it helps you though

Yes if you are not keen on those options I would really just recommend getting this assembly:
100mm 5/8 All Thread Shank (with Black Plastic Collar and 5/8 nut) - KegLand

Thanks, what is the outer diameter of the stainless flexi hose? Just need to check I can get the correct tool (think it is either the 16.0mm or 16.8mm one?).
Our flexi hose has 16mm OD. If you happen to find a good supplier of the tools please also post it on the website for others too. I would be keen to see what you come up with.

Latest posts

Back