Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey kegland, any updates on:
  • the 8L kegs with the new ball lock heads (ball lock heads have an October ETA ATM) and
  • the 2 tap benchy mini kegerator that the 8L kegs are planned to fit in?
Cheers

So brought a whole heap of K lok fittings (8 sets)

And even though it says they can be used with barb tails (using a 5/8" nut) none of them will work as they are loose when fitted

K lok.PNG

Guessing they will need a seal behind them, no mention of the seal anywhere, and I can't find one at all on the site.
1631846428665.png

@KegLand-com-au what do I need for these to work??

EDIT: Kegland emailed me back, washer/seal options as per below

(10 PACK) 5/8 EPDM Washer for Keg Coupler and Tap Shank
(10 PACK) 5/8 Silicone Washer for Keg Coupler and Tap Shank
(10 PACK) 5/8 Vinyl Washer for Keg Coupler and Tap Shank

Yes as I thought you do need seals, clearly as it never mentioned this on the site I assumed either they would come with the K-loks or the barbs

Even on the barb page there is no mention on seals

Last edited:
Most homebrew sellers don't really understand different thread types, and how things are sealed. The designers/enginerds probably do, but that knowledge rarely makes it to the sales counter (or the website data entry bloke, in this case).

Hi @KegLand-com-au, any updates on the digital pressure gauges? the store page still have the engineering mockups so i guess this product isn't a huge priority for you right now.

Also the RAPT temp controller looks good but a couple of questions any chance of releasing one without the screen with or a simplified LED screen and make full control app side? might make manufacturing a bit easier, quicker and the end product cheaper and do you have an initial release window?

I'm intrigued by the dry hop device for fermzilla, though I don't have a FermZilla.

Is there any possibility or plan for making this for corny kegs? Perhaps by making a custom corny keg lid that has either a 3/4" BSP or PCO1881 fitting on it?

The DIY option at this stage would be to buy a spare lid, drill, TIG weld and hope for the best, but I'm sure I'm not alone in being super keen for an off-the-shelf solution to O2-free keg-hopping.

DO we have an update on the 3L flasks will be back in stock? Been waiting months.

For the RAPT Fermentation Chambers we will have 3 or 4 shipments before Christmas. With that said we have more people who were on the email notification list than we have stock so we anticipate the next few shipments will still sell out fairly fast.

Have you guys thought about how someone could add taps to the chamber? I think you have previously suggested you might sell the door as a spare part but I was wondering about the feasibility of something...

Have you consider shelf with a front plate that can have panel mounted taps? It would allow me to mount a number of taps inside the chamber on a temporary basis to draw off keys or directly from a pressurised unitank.

Simply slide the assembly into the very top wire shelf slot which allows air to circulate when it is needed, or half way down if you wanted four 19l kegs with some half kegs on shelf.

Any way, just throwing the idea out there as I would personally find it cool, literally cooling the taps with them in the chamber.

Hey @KegLand-com-au I'm looking at purchasing a 30L All Rounder Fermzilla in the near future. Looking at this Package Deal, any idea on when the Blowtie Spunding Valve Kits are in stock? I could make a similar kit using other parts (Stainless Carb Caps, Purchase Spunding Valve Parts Separately.....) But I don't want to go ahead and do that if they are going to be stocked in the next few weeks.

How does the RAPT Pill work without a wifi connection? I’m interested in it but I ferment out of wifi range in a fridge in my shed. Would it be able to store the log itself, that could be downloaded daily via Bluetooth, or just give a live reading each time I checked it via Bluetooth on my phone?

Have you guys thought about how someone could add taps to the chamber? I think you have previously suggested you might sell the door as a spare part but I was wondering about the feasibility of something...

Have you consider shelf with a front plate that can have panel mounted taps? It would allow me to mount a number of taps inside the chamber on a temporary basis to draw off keys or directly from a pressurised unitank.

Simply slide the assembly into the very top wire shelf slot which allows air to circulate when it is needed, or half way down if you wanted four 19l kegs with some half kegs on shelf.

Any way, just throwing the idea out there as I would personally find it cool, literally cooling the taps with them in the chamber.
Depending on what you had in mind for this, it could be easily manufactured or 3d printed, though from an efficiency perspective and considering you are opening the fridge every time you want a beer you may as well use pluto guns for the kegs/uni tanks and then hang them from labeled hooks for each beer.

Do you have a solution for measuring the temperature of wort as it is coming out of the chiller? Some sort of inline thermometer.

How does the RAPT Pill work without a wifi connection? I’m interested in it but I ferment out of wifi range in a fridge in my shed. Would it be able to store the log itself, that could be downloaded daily via Bluetooth, or just give a live reading each time I checked it via Bluetooth on my phone?
I brew in a metal garden shed away from our modem
I hooked up a couple of wifi extenders and now enjoy using my tilts and wifi Inkbirds from anywhere

Depending on what you had in mind for this, it could be easily manufactured or 3d printed, though from an efficiency perspective and considering you are opening the fridge every time you want a beer you may as well use pluto guns for the kegs/uni tanks and then hang them from labeled hooks for each beer.
Regarding the efficiency issue, I had thought about that and considered a magnetically mounted "curtain" to retain cold air. But this may be overthinking it and as you suggest a pluto might be the simple solution.

Or maybe this is also an option, depending on the FV used.
https://www.kegland.com.au/1-5-inch-tri-clover-x-nukatap-shank-sample-port.html

an instant read thermometer will do the trick nicely.
I’ve got a tap mounted inside the door of the fridge in the kitchen. Never worried about the door being open to pour a beer. Not open as long as it takes to look for something in the fridge

Hi @KegLand-com-au . What's changed?

My first 2 orders took the best part of two weeks to arrive. (Sydney)

My 3rd order I placed at midday on Wednesday and I received it in less than 24 hours.

Not complaining, just curious as to what's changed down there!

If I had to guess on the constraints in the warehouse, I'd say people & order assembly/packing space.

If you have a simple small order, I would expect that to get picked/packed/shipped faster than an order of larger items that are in high demand. I'd assume pick lists are distributed to the staff in order of arrival, but some get "re-queued" due to lack of picking/packing space.

By my reckoning, they just got at least two containers, if not more, into the warehouse, so if you ordered something in one of those (*waves hand*) you're waiting a bit longer than if it was something already warehoused and small.

(Not in logistics, an educated guess... maybe totally wrong).

Latest posts

Back