Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply, I can't seem to to find the exact specifications for the size of the hole on top of any kegerators. Do you know what the diameter of the hole on top of the series X is? If it is over 47mm I'm sure I can make it work!

Due to some plastic fins the hole is about 43mm but with that said you would fairly easily be able to drill out these plastic fins to increase the hole size to 47mm if required.

Due to some plastic fins the hole is about 43mm but with that said you would fairly easily be able to drill out these plastic fins to increase the hole size to 47mm if required.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! Does the hole in the top sit over the space in the centre of the 4 kegs? I don't think it will matter either way but might mean I don't have to cut down the tubes from the font.

Hey Kegland, can you please give the heat tolerance of some of your products:
  • EVABarrier
  • Duotight
  • Plastic quick disconnects
I want to give my lines a really good clean and ideally I'd like to run some hot water (around 65c) through them. Haven't been able to find out elsewhere, thanks

(Edit: spelling)

Last edited:
I guess it comes down to who is responsible. If we sell a product off the shelf we must ensure that it works as it is. If a customer the modifies this product then by doing the modification themselves they are in effect taking some responsibility for the modification. For instance we sell our MK4 regulators with Green PRV and this PRV goes off at 65psi. Technically a customer could change this out for a grey 100psi RPV and the regulator is capable of this but we generally don't do this as the customer has more chance of damaging something else. We supply a 65psi RPV because this is suitable for almost every home brew application anyway while reducing risk.
I get that you want to make things as simple as possible.

But by consumer law, you also have to guarantee that the 0-15 and 0-30 psi gauges work “as is”. Installing such a gauge as directed by the supplier does not void these statutory rights. It also wouldn’t be classed as an aftermarket modification.

There’s really no difference between you just selling an inline regulator with an appropriate gauge vs buying it with the stock inappropriate gauge and buying the appropriate one separately. Either way, the same risk is there if the consumer wants to apply too much pressure to it. And either way, they have the exact same statutory rights/you have the same liability selling it.

The only difference is that the current model means it costs $24-$40 more to fit out a keezer, and harms the environment with useless gauges to be thrown out.

I get that you want to make things as simple as possible.

But by consumer law, you also have to guarantee that the 0-15 and 0-30 psi gauges work “as is”. Installing such a gauge as directed by the supplier does not void these statutory rights. It also wouldn’t be classed as an aftermarket modification.

There’s really no difference between you just selling an inline regulator with an appropriate gauge vs buying it with the stock inappropriate gauge and buying the appropriate one separately. Either way, the same risk is there if the consumer wants to apply too much pressure to it. And either way, they have the exact same statutory rights/you have the same liability selling it.

The only difference is that the current model means it costs $24-$40 more to fit out a keezer, and harms the environment with useless gauges to be thrown out.

At no point in KL saying the mini gages will not work for the intended purposes, if you pump 80psi into all three gages, say in error, then the 0-15 is likely to be damaged as is the 0-30, and if you chose to swap the gage that then KL would need to see if the gage was faulty or just overloaded. If they sell a product that can commonly be overloaded then they may have more responsibility to fix the broken gage.

They do sell instant sodawater kegs if you run your Reg at above 30 for that then you do need the 0-60, if you sell it with lower-spec gages then some disclaimer is needed to ensure the correct gage is selected based on your set up, this way that is all avoided. I would prefer a lower range on the gages to help readability but understand the reasons given.

Their reasoning, as you reiterated, would make perfect sense, provided they didn't still sell 0-15 and 0-30 psi gauges.

Selling the gauges separately has the same risks (for lack of a better word) as selling them with the regulator.

To imply otherwise is asinine.

Edit:
if you sell it with lower-spec gages then some disclaimer is needed to ensure the correct gage is selected based on your set up, this way that is all avoided.

Easy. You should open a homebrew/gear shop and I'll buy from you. ;)

Edit 2: apologies for the slight derailment to everyone who isn't interested in secondary regulators. I'll leave it be and look elsewhere.

Last edited:
All the talk about the gauges and their ratings will all be moot, if the digital ones ever make it to market. @KegLand-com-au how is this progressing? I hope you have a shitload of them as I think there are going to be a few of us wanting them. We have waited a very long time for the new and improved version so would be very dissapointing if you kept running out of stock. I myself would be after 4 of them.

I agree though with having the option of choosing what pressure gauge is wanted on checkout. Or reduce the price of the blow tie, inline regulator etc and sell them without the gauge.

Daz

What about the fact that the blowtie spunding valve comes with a 0-15psi gauge as standard and it's primary use is to put it on the Fermzilla, which is rated at 35psi with a 35psi PRV. Just make it either the option to choose which gauge you want or don't include one at all and let the buyer choose that way. I'm writing this as when I'm just about to place an order for 4x 0-15pai gauges to replace the 0-60psi ones I can't use.

Yes the shelves are in stock now. The part number is KL21371 and they are just getting photo graphed at the moment so will be up on the website very soon.
Are we there yet? It isn't coming up when searching.

I had to buy a 0-40 and now have a 0-15 I don’t use. Kegland wouldn’t swap it, I called and they said no.
I agree it would be better if the customer could choose their gauge.
I was supplied with the 0-15 with my Blowtie Spunding Valve kit. I found that the range was far too narrow for a novice pressure-brewer.

Hey Kegland, can you please give the heat tolerance of some of your products:
  • EVABarrier
  • Duotight
  • Plastic quick disconnects
I want to give my lines a really good clean and ideally I'd like to run some hot water (around 65c) through them. Haven't been able to find out elsewhere, thanks

(Edit: spelling)
Bump...

Even just the heat tolerance of the EVA barrier would be great

@KegLand-com-au

My mini core 360 regulator has started to slowly creep in pressure. Any ideas for a fix please?

I have not heard of this before in a core 360 but pressure creep in regulators generally is most commonly caused by contamination from the gas side. Often it's a very small flake of brass caught in the seat and seat cap assembly under the diaphgragm. Alternatively it can be dirty gas. If you turn a gas cylinder upside down you have a far higher chance of having rust or solids coming out of the gas cylinder and into the regulator and this can cause the issue.

Alternatively if you get liquid inside this part of the regulator it can cause the brass to corrode and have the same issue.

We do put a brass sintered filter on the underside of the seat and seat cap assembly specifically to prevent this issue but if the contamination is bad enough it can eventually work it's way past the sintered filter.

@KegLand-com-au .
On your website shop, you state that your Caustic Soda comes with a 10g scoop - StellarSoda - 100% Caustic Soda - Sodium Hydroxide (1kg 35oz)(in Bucket with 10g Scoop)
In fact the scoop holds just on 25g. My point is that if an unsuspecting user was to mix the Caustic Soda with water based on the stated scoop capacity, they could be seriously overusing the product - could be extremely dangerous. The same goes for the other cleaning products with the scoop except that excess cleaning agent won't hurt - it will just cost two and a half times what it should.
I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong, but if I'm right, then the description needs to be changed (as does the video)

Back