Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be happy to pay the 2% because it gives me more flexibility for purchasing. Afterpay, Zip Pay etc are becoming more relevant these days and is offered by a lot of businesses. Yes you need to be responsible and there may be some people who default, but why should that stop the majority who do the right thing. It’s the same as credit cards. I personally think if Kegland offered this type of service, your sales would increase. I know I would buy more, especially larger purchases. $10 extra on a $500 purchase, which gave me time to pay, would not put me off.Just my opinion.

I agree, it makes it a lot easier in 4 smaller payments, and having a young family it would make it a lot easier to get into kegging without dipping to far into the saftey net savings each week.

In relation to afterpay. The only way I'd like to see it used is if you choose that payment method then that transaction has the higher fees applied. Just like when you pay with cc at gov sites now days, they add the merchant fee if you use a cc, but bpay is transaction free.

I also don't think that KL should be worried about the high interest charges for people who don't pay on time, if they're stupid enough to use this payment option and then not pay it on time that's their problem not yours.

In relation to afterpay. The only way I'd like to see it used is if you choose that payment method then that transaction has the higher fees applied. Just like when you pay with cc at gov sites now days, they add the merchant fee if you use a cc, but bpay is transaction free.

I also don't think that KL should be worried about the high interest charges for people who don't pay on time, if they're stupid enough to use this payment option and then not pay it on time that's their problem not yours.
Agreed.

As a bloke with a young family and the main breadwinner, Afterpay makes things somewhat difficult much easier. And I don't mind paying an extra 2 or 3% If I select Afterpay. I just did it for Bali flights, and they tell you, if you use AP you will pay x% more. I'm happy with that

I believe it is 4 to 6% for Afterpay the time to pay is only a couple of days difference to a CC in fact some CC's are a better option depending when you buy. Zippay is the cheaper option, but the old adage, If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Save up and offer cash for a discount. Win win.

Zip Pay is my preference. Indefinite interest free with a minimum monthly repayment. You can set up weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments. The only cost is a $6 monthly fee.

Last edited:
No. Keep it as low as possible.
No, keep prices as low as possible. Paying extra for some of these services is unnecessary. If you can’t afford it now wait until you can. Even if service is “interest free” there is still a merchant charge that is eventually reflected in the selling price.

Magento your e-commerce supplier does have plugins that allow for transaction fees/% based on payment type. I am a massive fan of zipmoney, not that I don’t have the money in the bank now but being married to an accountant it’s all about cash flows and balance sheets and makes life easier to budget. I’ve spent more than I would have like at KK purely because they have zipmoney. Hopefully you can look into it in the future.

So, with the continuous carbonation setup for unlimited cold carbonated water, I guess the next logical step is some form of post-mix soda gun? The kind they have at pubs, with multiple flavours using syrups. The current setups for these seem quite complicated because it looks like they’re chilling, carbonating and mixing all on the go from the one integrated setup. If we already have the chilled fizzy water, we really just need a way to mix in the various syrups at the tap/gun.
There could be a market for both the equipment and for a range of flavour syrups. Just wondering if something like that is on the cards at some point?

Yes we will look into this. I would agree it would be good to have an option that could mix the syrup inline. At the moment there is really only a couple other competitors in this space in Australia so it would be good if we could offer some more competition in this space.

I agree, it makes it a lot easier in 4 smaller payments, and having a young family it would make it a lot easier to get into kegging without dipping to far into the saftey net savings each week.

Ok we will look at this further and we will see if we could make this work on our new website that we will release next year. It sounds like we have some customers for and against Afterpay but ultimately we should find a way so customers can choose and for customers that want it they will have a small surcharge so the customers who don't want it are not disadvantaged. I think this might be the best way forward.

We have just heard back from the web designer who has run some diagnostic tools over the website and we can't identify any malicious JavaScript. Would you be able to let us know what was the actual page you tried to visit when you got the error on your computer and also is you have any other particular security software installed on your machine.

It is possible to sometimes get a false positive detected. We will look into the particular software that you are using to try and find the incompatibility.

Also can you try using a different browser. Which browser were you using when you had the error?

This is the error im getting.

upload_2019-10-28_16-43-40.png

Yes we will look into this. I would agree it would be good to have an option that could mix the syrup inline. At the moment there is really only a couple other competitors in this space in Australia so it would be good if we could offer some more competition in this space.
That would be awesome. I use a triple tap series 4 kegerator and have two taps for beer/cider and one tap is dedicated to Root Beer (it’s my favourite and not easy to source for a reasonable price in Aus) That means no one else benefits from the soda tap. If I could mix and match flavours from that third tap I would absolutely look at the auto carb keg setup and keep a range of syrups. Even better if I am able to source a decent root beer post mix syrup. My kegerator lives in the garage and is on the other side of a common wall with our kitchen sink, with a RO filter setup. It would be easy enough to drill a small hole in the wall and pass a water line through to the kegerator, and I’d happily add a pressure pump if necessary. That would make the whole setup work amazingly. Of course, if I had my way, I’d be drilling holes in the wall and passing the beer lines through into the kitchen and mounting the taps into the counter instead but that’s never going to happen.
As for Afterpay, it’s a decent enough idea but I too prefer ZipPay. Terms are more reasonable for the customer. I use it occasionally if there’s something I want or need quickly - it’s a convenience thing more than anything else. It’s great if a store has it when I need it but not the end of the world if it doesn’t.

anyone else had the float suction tube split & keep splitting, ive had to ditch the silcon? tube and replace it with a standard gas / beer line for now, so I could use the float tube & the gas line is not flexy enough?
is this a common problem ?

Ok we will look at this further and we will see if we could make this work on our new website that we will release next year. It sounds like we have some customers for and against Afterpay but ultimately we should find a way so customers can choose and for customers that want it they will have a small surcharge so the customers who don't want it are not disadvantaged. I think this might be the best way forward.
Ive spent more money with KK than you guys because they have Zip pay. I see it as buy now pay later layby and I have an account that I transfer $50 a week into which is my hobby spending money and Zip pay comes out of that.

anyone else had the float suction tube split & keep splitting, ive had to ditch the silcon? tube and replace it with a standard gas / beer line for now, so I could use the float tube & the gas line is not flexy enough?
Yep mine split about 3 weeks after I stretched it over the little stainless tube on the float, I previously had it inserted inside the tube with no problems so just went back to that method even though it's not the correct way to do it apparently.

How old is the silicone tube. If the silicone dip tube gets exposed to high percentage acid (such as sanitiser that is too concentrated) this can cause it to split.

We have also upgraded the silicone dip tube so it has thicker wall. This was done a couple months ago so the tube was more resistant to splitting and can handle some degree of chemical attack. So if you get this one it's the thicker type:
https://www.kegland.com.au/fermzilla-55l-ss-float-80cm-silicone-dip-tube.html

This bulkhead looks like it would work well with your reducing bush to fit into a T-piece housing a thermowell in a CFC arrangement. I want to swap out my dial thermometer for a digital one (linked to my CraftBeerPi so I can check the progress of chilling from the couch) Ideally then I'll buy a couple of your solenoids and an aquarium pump so I can move to my second stage of chilling (also remotely) from an ice-slurry esky.

https://www.kegland.com.au/60cm-thermowell-1-4inch-duotight-bulkhead-included.html

https://www.kegland.com.au/stainless-reducing-bush-1-2inch-x-1-4inch.html

My question is - is it easy to push the thermowell all the way through the bulkhead? Could one push it through accidentally and end up with wort everywhere, or does one insert the tube backwards? I watched the video but it didn't show the insertion.

Back