Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did look at the GovReg but it was expensive not particularly accurate and you were unable to see the pressure unless you take it apart and attach the setting tool. We ended up selling the samples on ebay and they only sold for $12.10 and they cost us about $170 to purchase and airmail over to us.

For setting multiple gas pressures have you considered this new product:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight...-gauge-for-water-or-gas-8mm-5-16-push-in.html

The injection moulds for this new secondary regulator were only just finished. The units are quite compact. If you have poor eyesight you might find these small gauges are not suitable for you but if you want a reliable, inexpensive solution I think these secondary regulators are a good option for someone wanting to make a multi pressure system.

If you can please email us some photos of your poppet and FC disconnect and I am sure we will find you a solution for you.
The new regulators with gauges look really nice. If i'd know they were coming i'd have held off on the GovRegs. I used the older style without the gauge to set serving pressure and it worked well but having three of them plus three separate gauges all hooked up would have been too much hassle to fit in a kegerator. Maybe you could do a video showing the best way to fit the new ones and set them up inside one of your kegerators?

Once kegs are empty i'll maybe take some photos of the poppets.

Do you carry Sankey S spear O-rings spares and if so what is the part number please?

IMG_2423.JPG

Hey @KegLand-com-au, could you please add the G40.1 manual to the product listing? At the moment it links to an STC1000 manual, there's nothing about the chiller unit itself.

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. We will get that uploaded for you. In the meantime do you have a specific question and we can give you the answers now if you like.
Any luck with this? I'm just after general usage instructions really, nothing specific.
Bump again, please @KegLand-com-au?

Howdy Kegland

How do you recommend taking temperature readings in your kegmenters? Is strapping a probe to the side sufficient, or can one install a thermowell without risking the ability to pressurise the vessel? Or... something else perhaps?

Howdy, I just watched your video on the Continuous Carbonation keg lids. What an awesome idea.
I do have a couple of questions:
Can this be hooked up to a water filter supply? The pressure from most filters is a lot lower than from a mains tap, so I'm not sure you'd be able to carbonate it very well. Alternatively, could you use a second keg as a reservoir, and connect that to the water filter? Even with one-way check valves, it probably still has to overcome the pressure of the gas doesn't it?

The second question from that video:
The Kegmaster Series X you showed with four taps and four kegs, is this a larger fridge than the series 4? I'm not sure you could fit four kegs into a series four, which is one of the few downsides of it - I'd love to have three serving kegs and room for a fourth to chill or crash. I don't need four taps on the go but three taps and room for a spare keg would be awesome.

Howdy, I just watched your video on the Continuous Carbonation keg lids. What an awesome idea.
I do have a couple of questions:
Can this be hooked up to a water filter supply? The pressure from most filters is a lot lower than from a mains tap, so I'm not sure you'd be able to carbonate it very well. Alternatively, could you use a second keg as a reservoir, and connect that to the water filter? Even with one-way check valves, it probably still has to overcome the pressure of the gas doesn't it?

The second question from that video:
The Kegmaster Series X you showed with four taps and four kegs, is this a larger fridge than the series 4? I'm not sure you could fit four kegs into a series four, which is one of the few downsides of it - I'd love to have three serving kegs and room for a fourth to chill or crash. I don't need four taps on the go but three taps and room for a spare keg would be awesome.

Yes we did release the Soda Water Carbonator Recently but we are just waiting for the stock to arrive for these now. You would have to measure the water pressure from your supply and see what the pressure is on the output side of your filter? If you are using an RO filter system the output pressure can often be significantly reduced and really for this lid to work well you need to have the water at about 20psi or higher pressure than the CO2 pressure you want to use. The higher the pressure you go to the more carbonation you get. We have found a really easy way to overcome this is to purchase a really cheap diaphgram booster pump like this common type used in caravans. EBAY LINK FOR CARAVAN PUMP (we have no affiliation to this seller it was just one that I found and not sure of the quality of this particular one).

If you are just using particulate or carbon filter the flow rate from your filters will be slow which means the spray jet might not work really well however if the static pressure still gets up to the same as the mains water pressure the system will probably still work perfectly adequately and no booster pump would be necessary but your carbonation speeds will be slightly reduced. (probably not a significant issue for a domestic customer)

Yes the Series X is going to be released next week. The new Series X has been highly optimised. The Series 4 unit that we have been selling for quite a few years was a difficult kegerator to improve on however the new Series X will have several benefits such as improved insulation, 15% faster cooling, 10% more energy efficient, fits 4 kegs can fit into the fridge due to the new compressor configuration, has significantly improved air circulation system etc. The footprint of the fridge is almost identical. When compared with the Series 4 the Series X has same width and height but the depth from front to back is approximately 1cm more. So we felt that this is a very small price to pay given the significant benefits in the design.

We have been spending about 2 years developing this new model and we are fairly confident you guys will really appreciate using it.

Howdy Kegland

How do you recommend taking temperature readings in your kegmenters? Is strapping a probe to the side sufficient, or can one install a thermowell without risking the ability to pressurise the vessel? Or... something else perhaps?

Yes I would say putting a probe on the outside with some foam and masking tape is sufficient to get a good reading of the liquid inside.

With that said if some customers really want to get a core reading you can use this thermowell from the lid:
https://www.kegland.com.au/60cm-thermowell-1-4inch-duotight-bulkhead-included.html

or you can get this one:
https://www.kegland.com.au/3-8-inch-bsp-thread-weldless-thermowell.html

or you can get this one:
https://www.kegland.com.au/1-2-inch-bsp-304-stainless-soilid-thread-weldless-thermowell.html

These links above are pretty much in the order of preference from my perspective. I do like to have the thermowell on the lid so you can just put the whole lid in the dish washer if necessary and this will to some degree heat sterilise the lid. Then you don't have any sockets on the main part of the fermenter making this easier to clean out.

Bump again, please @KegLand-com-au?

We have made this video here:

This covers the setup to some degree but it's really quite a simple product to use. Basically turn on, set temp then connect hoses. I will make sure we prioritise getting another PDF manual finished but we are more than happy to help you with any other questions you might have or if you run into any difficulties with setup just call or email us and we would be more than happy to help.

Any news on G2 Flow Control Disconnects? I noticed stock dried up months ago everywhere on the originals. They just popped back in stock at Williams in the US, but the G2 sound like a better option, even if my new lines are all 1/4" ID.

Any news on G2 Flow Control Disconnects? I noticed stock dried up months ago everywhere on the originals. They just popped back in stock at Williams in the US, but the G2 sound like a better option, even if my new lines are all 1/4" ID.

These will be officially released in about 8 weeks. Sorry about the long wait. We had some tooling that needed to be made to complete this new device.

I recall hearing that you’re planning to have a pressure kit for the stainless fermenter.
When are these planned to be available? What pressure rating are you aiming for?

I recall hearing that you’re planning to have a pressure kit for the stainless fermenter.
When are these planned to be available? What pressure rating are you aiming for?
You sure you've got the right company? Kegland have got the kegmenter which is able to be used as pressure vessel, and the fermzilla

Just wondering if Kegland was planning to offer Afterpay as a payment option.

This has been a consideration but ultimately we dont really like how these payment gateways take advantage of customers who cannot really afford the goods. If customers pay on time it works well and for customers who are disciplined enough can probably have a good experience on Afterpay. With that said Afterpay would not have a business if everyone paid on time. They make the most of their profits on customers who default on payments then they charge an obscene interest in these instances. This is the part we don't really like.

In addition to this the merchant is charged an extra 2% for the transaction so we would have to increase the cost of our goods accordingly. So the question is, would you still want Afterpay if we had to charge you 2% more?

This has been a consideration but ultimately we dont really like how these payment gateways take advantage of customers who cannot really afford the goods. If customers pay on time it works well and for customers who are disciplined enough can probably have a good experience on Afterpay. With that said Afterpay would not have a business if everyone paid on time. They make the most of their profits on customers who default on payments then they charge an obscene interest in these instances. This is the part we don't really like.

In addition to this the merchant is charged an extra 2% for the transaction so we would have to increase the cost of our goods accordingly. So the question is, would you still want Afterpay if we had to charge you 2% more?
I would be happy to pay the 2% because it gives me more flexibility for purchasing. Afterpay, Zip Pay etc are becoming more relevant these days and is offered by a lot of businesses. Yes you need to be responsible and there may be some people who default, but why should that stop the majority who do the right thing. It’s the same as credit cards. I personally think if Kegland offered this type of service, your sales would increase. I know I would buy more, especially larger purchases. $10 extra on a $500 purchase, which gave me time to pay, would not put me off.Just my opinion.

And then I get to pay extra for no reason, as I choose not to use Afterpay. So I'll buy less or elswhere.
While I agree with you on that point, surely they could implement a system where the extra charge is added only if Afterpay is selected as a payment method.

Same as a lot of places do if you try to pay with American Express.

While I agree with you on that point, surely they could implement a system where the extra charge is added only if Afterpay is selected as a payment method.

Same as a lot of places do if you try to pay with American Express.
I also don't have any interest in afterpay, or paying more so others can use it, I already buy everything I can with credit cards that give more than a month to stump up the cash.

It's actually a product we have been using at our office and I have been using one at home for a long time. We only just started production of these last week. So it will still be about 6 weeks before the mass produced stock will arrive. Sorry about the wait. We did get a few of the air mailed over but the main lot of stock will be shipped on the boat.

Here is a video on how to set the product up:

So, with the continuous carbonation setup for unlimited cold carbonated water, I guess the next logical step is some form of post-mix soda gun? The kind they have at pubs, with multiple flavours using syrups. The current setups for these seem quite complicated because it looks like they’re chilling, carbonating and mixing all on the go from the one integrated setup. If we already have the chilled fizzy water, we really just need a way to mix in the various syrups at the tap/gun.
There could be a market for both the equipment and for a range of flavour syrups. Just wondering if something like that is on the cards at some point?

Latest posts

Back