Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A month or so ago there was talk of kegland getting some containers like in the photo. Many people showed interest. Is this still happening? If so how much would they cost?
View attachment 116178

It has been more difficult that we thought to get this product. As it's an American patented design. We thought that we would be able to find a whole log of suppliers due to the design being generic but as it turns out the patent has made things a bit more difficult. Also the manufacturer would only sell us the smaller size. For some reason they only wanted to supply us the smaller 30lb size and this could not fit a whole sack.

I'd love some better way to get beer out of the kegmenter
I'm not smart enough to figure it out, but hopefully you can!

issue with the dip tube is the floating one doesn't get everything, a stainless one I don't know how long to make, and both clog :(

Yes when adding lots of hops it's difficult to prevent clogging.

I should say the new silicone dip tubes on the FermZilla are slightly larger diameter and slightly thicker silicone so this helps a bit. With the various filters we have tried they all seem to clog eventually. The main thing is to crash chill and then use the collection container to remove solids prior to drawing off liquid. If you do that then clogging generally doesnt happen.

Hey Kegland
I placed and paid for an order online earlier this week intending to pickup after lunch today. I arrived at your Parcel Lockers and attempted to gain access via the roller door but my Roller Door code was continually rejected. It reported that my code was either Incorrect or had expired. I have photos of the code I entered and it was not incorrect. Seems a waste of time to offer a 24/7 Locker system that incorrectly denies access to goods ordered and paid for. A after hours contact number would have been nice I might have been able to get the items that I paid for. :thumbsdown:

Hello there. I am very sorry about that. I believe we had one issue on the weekend where one of the guys in the warehouse did not follow the correct procedure in processing this order. What we can do is give you free freight and sent out to you today and/or if you come down and pick it up again we will give you some free merchandise and a gift card to compensate you.

Can you please send us your order number so we can sort this out for you. The best email to get you on is [email protected]

Once again. Very sorry about the inconvenience.

Looks like the black joiner pieces are a bit of a fail. Once I got the damaged one out there was now way I was going to try the other one. I should have just bought the valve and gauge as I had other bits to set it up.

Thanks for your feedback on this one guys. We have got some new ones on the way now. Yes as you guys have worked out you can use the EVABarrier beer line in the 8mm OD but we will also have some new designed short rigid pieces available soon and we would be more than happy to give you some when they are available.

Flick them an e-mail, I'll be surprised if they don't send you a new one FOC given that this seems to be a common problem , I had an issue with a couple of duo connectors and they just sent me new ones (turned out to be my own fault, don't let duo's anywhere near bleach) cheers

Yes chlorine does attack the fittings. Please do not use chlorine. Basically we discourage anyone from using any chlorine around any beer related equipment because it also is not good for stainless and will attack various plastics. It' also has extremely low taste threshold so even with an very small amount it will effect beer quality. So please stay away from Bleach.

I should also note that also high concentrations of phosphoric acid (such as StellarSan or Star San) can damage the fittings also. So we would always recommend using the correct concentration. The other thing we have seen once is that we had one customer that was repeatedly spraying duotight fittings and let the StellarSan kept drying on the suface of the fitting and as a result of it repeatedly drying on the fitting the concentration of phosphoric acid also kept getting stronger and stronger and then caused an issue. So if you use StellarSan in a spray bottle pest to periodically wash the dried up stellarsan off every now and then or simply just use the Ethanol Spray which is the best spray sanitiser. It's a bit more expensive than mixing your own StellarSan spray but it dries without a trace.

Agreed, the plastic joiners are a disaster and I destroy a T-Piece getting one out :-/

I have just got an update and apparently the new ones are transparent. So the black joiners will be replaced with clear/transparent ones and they arrive approximately 8th August. So if you have this issue please email us your order number and we can send some replacements in the mail to you in a couple weeks.

It has been more difficult that we thought to get this product. As it's an American patented design. We thought that we would be able to find a whole log of suppliers due to the design being generic but as it turns out the patent has made things a bit more difficult. Also the manufacturer would only sell us the smaller size. For some reason they only wanted to supply us the smaller 30lb size and this could not fit a whole sack.
I'd still be interested in a 30lb size if the price wasn't too steep. Two would probably fit a whole sack and i can't get a whole sack in a Bunnings bucket either. Kinda odd they don't want to sell the larger sizes tho.

So last night I watched the new kegland video :eek:
My minds now going a million miles, a cooling coil for the 55lt fermzilla. ;)

So bowtie kit
Temp twister (Will there be a 27lt version?)
Fermzilla
Temp resistant body (are you still planning to release these?), and
Heat belt

We can have a glycol uni tank for around 350$?

Super keen for all these assesories to hit the shelf.

2 accessories I'd like to see is
1. A fermzilla CIP lid that we can add our cleaning balls to, and
2. An adaptor for the dump valve where we can hook up a drain pipe and pump for cleaning

I was watching your video on the mini keg parkas. You mention some additional accessories, are these still coming and is one of them something to hold a sodastream bottle?

I was watching your video on the mini keg parkas. You mention some additional accessories, are these still coming and is one of them something to hold a sodastream bottle?

Yes we have some specifically made taps that are to use with these mini kegs and the taps need to be completed first before we finish the other top accessories that go with the mini kegs. We are also working on a new mini regulator too.

So last night I watched the new kegland video :eek:
My minds now going a million miles, a cooling coil for the 55lt fermzilla. ;)

So bowtie kit
Temp twister (Will there be a 27lt version?)
Fermzilla
Temp resistant body (are you still planning to release these?), and
Heat belt

We can have a glycol uni tank for around 350$?

Super keen for all these assesories to hit the shelf.

2 accessories I'd like to see is
1. A fermzilla CIP lid that we can add our cleaning balls to, and
2. An adaptor for the dump valve where we can hook up a drain pipe and pump for cleaning

The Temp Twister can be used for both 27L FermZilla and 55L FermZilla. The only thing is that with the shorter FermZilla you might want to cut the tops of the stainless coils with this pipe cutter.

Yes the temp resistant body is still something that is due to arrive eventually but the higher priority is to finish the other designs of FermZilla such as the dome bottom and flat bottom designs. We also need to get ontop of the large number of orders of FermZilla units being sold overseas too. So we just need to play catch up a bit before we make this new tank design.

We do already have heat belts like these ones or these wraps which we personally prefer. So we find these already do a good job so we are unlikely to bring out other heating devices beyond this any time soon.

Yes the CIP lid is something that we are working but we need to find a better pump. I know some people have been using this pump:
https://www.kegland.com.au/stainles...c-drive-pump-with-3-4-bsp-stainless-head.html
But we would prefer to use a different pump design for this application which is why we have not got this product finished yet.

Hmmm, the temp twister looks like an easy source for a herms coil, should fit nicely in a 4" (maybe 6" if you can't squeeze the coil in 4") PVC pipe housing with one of your weldless elements up the guts

Yes when adding lots of hops it's difficult to prevent clogging.

I should say the new silicone dip tubes on the FermZilla are slightly larger diameter and slightly thicker silicone so this helps a bit. With the various filters we have tried they all seem to clog eventually. The main thing is to crash chill and then use the collection container to remove solids prior to drawing off liquid. If you do that then clogging generally doesnt happen.
I've got your kegmenter though not the fermzilla, so no option to use a collection container
Is a filter hooked up to Co2 a stupid idea? Idea being, if it got clogged, you could blow a burst of gas into it to clear it out? Or would it just get immediately clogged again, even if it was possible to do this

I've got your kegmenter though not the fermzilla, so no option to use a collection container
Is a filter hooked up to Co2 a stupid idea? Idea being, if it got clogged, you could blow a burst of gas into it to clear it out? Or would it just get immediately clogged again, even if it was possible to do this

I can answer that one for you...

I have a floating dip tube from KegLand and a kegmenter. When dry hopping, the dip tube clogs. Blowing CO2 back into the kegmenter will unblock the tube, but it tends to clog up again very quickly (within less than 100ml of beer transferred). I tried to replace the original silicone tubing with a hose with a larger diameter, but that only gives marginal improvement.

I'm not sure how well a filter attached to the tube on the float would work. It may just be enough mass to sink the whole contraption. However, I don't expect that a filter will help much with clogging.

So far the best method seems to be to start the pressure transfer with a recipient keg at slightly higher pressure than the kegmenter so that the initial connection blows a little bit of CO2 back down the dip tube. Then wait a bit and start a very slow transfer by using the PRV on the recipient keg. A slow transfer seems to be the trick - trying to speed up often results in hop matter being pulled in and clogging the intake. It's frustrating.

Hmmm, the temp twister looks like an easy source for a herms coil, should fit nicely in a 4" (maybe 6" if you can't squeeze the coil in 4") PVC pipe housing with one of your weldless elements up the guts

Well if anyone wants to make a video on this and upload it we will send you a free KegLand Merchandise pack.

I can answer that one for you...

I have a floating dip tube from KegLand and a kegmenter. When dry hopping, the dip tube clogs. Blowing CO2 back into the kegmenter will unblock the tube, but it tends to clog up again very quickly (within less than 100ml of beer transferred). I tried to replace the original silicone tubing with a hose with a larger diameter, but that only gives marginal improvement.

I'm not sure how well a filter attached to the tube on the float would work. It may just be enough mass to sink the whole contraption. However, I don't expect that a filter will help much with clogging.

So far the best method seems to be to start the pressure transfer with a recipient keg at slightly higher pressure than the kegmenter so that the initial connection blows a little bit of CO2 back down the dip tube. Then wait a bit and start a very slow transfer by using the PRV on the recipient keg. A slow transfer seems to be the trick - trying to speed up often results in hop matter being pulled in and clogging the intake. It's frustrating.

Yes we would agree with that. It's difficult to make something that will not sink the float but still block hops and not block beer. This is a difficult set of requirements. We really find that crash chilling and removing most of the hops from the cone first quite an important step.

When you get the blocking issues how long after adding hops is this? Have you left enough time for the hops to settle out?

Well if anyone wants to make a video on this and upload it we will send you a free KegLand Merchandise pack.
I have spare materials to make a housing and a spare element, so if one of the those temp twisters were to magically land in my mailbox, I'd be happy to make an instructional video
for ease of building, I'd suggest selling a kit with compression fittings, type a camlock fittings (or hose barbs), a thermowell and a tee so users don't need to solder, just screw and join together

The Temp Twister can be used for both 27L FermZilla and 55L FermZilla. The only thing is that with the shorter FermZilla you might want to cut the tops of the stainless coils with this pipe cutter.

Yes the temp resistant body is still something that is due to arrive eventually but the higher priority is to finish the other designs of FermZilla such as the dome bottom and flat bottom designs. We also need to get ontop of the large number of orders of FermZilla units being sold overseas too. So we just need to play catch up a bit before we make this new tank design.

We do already have heat belts like these ones or these wraps which we personally prefer. So we find these already do a good job so we are unlikely to bring out other heating devices beyond this any time soon.

Yes the CIP lid is something that we are working but we need to find a better pump. I know some people have been using this pump:
https://www.kegland.com.au/stainles...c-drive-pump-with-3-4-bsp-stainless-head.html
But we would prefer to use a different pump design for this application which is why we have not got this product finished yet.

I've seen you guys mention not to put a heat belt directly onto the Fermzilla body, is that the same for the heat wrap?
I'm sure with the heat resistant body though that direct heat application will be a non issue.

I have a bit more of a substantial system, but still a 1/2" CIP should chew through approx 45LPM. I had tried the 25w and 65w pumps but was unsatisfied with the results.
I now use a 53LPM constant pressure pump and couldn't be happier with the results. Just as an FYI.

Latest posts

Back