Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing Cousin.. really neat setup... love the way you have used the thermometer.. Looks greats. Was it tought to do? This is what im wanting to do once ive picked up my fridge...

Wasn't too hard.. measured the rear insert part of the thermometer and marked it out on masking tape. (See pick)
I then drilled a series of small 1/8" holes inside the perimeter. This pretty much cut the rectangle out.. a few taps with an old chisel broke it out.
Then it was just a matter of cleaning the hole up with a file.

A Dremel would have made the job so much easier. Going to buy myself one before I build another tempmate enclosure.

IMG_7152.jpg

View attachment 46023

my keg setup so far, if you can call it that ?
gone down cheap street to start with but must say the ease of using kegs is way cool.

first keg natural conditioned cider ! got to get the missus onside :rolleyes:
all kegs will be natural conditioned until the gas bottle fairy pays me a visit but i love uk style real ale so probly a good way for me at the moment .

$100 2nd hand all fridge (also fv fridge )(ebay)

$60 Co2 charger + tap complete assembly (http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_p...products_id=315)

$50 2nd hand keg (ebay) x 2

Got a long way to go till my dream setup but this cheap way gets me going and gets me kegging experience and gear that i will always need and use :icon_cheers:

so $210 and i am kegging my brew and a happy brewer and even happier drunk responsible drinker :beerbang:

View attachment 46024
the barman is a push over once you get to know him,
plus i have to thank this forum for showing me what is posible at my budget .

View attachment 46023

my keg setup so far, if you can call it that ?
gone down cheap street to start with but must say the ease of using kegs is way cool.

</snip>

View attachment 46024
the barman is a push over once you get to know him,
Northside novice:

Well done on getting setup and into kegging! Now that you're up and running with some gear, it's just a matter of pottering away with the setup. Kegging changed my life and it looks like it has for you too!

Clint

buy a second hand CO2 fire extinguisher... you'll find one for $20 on fleabay if you are patient

i tried to keg with the co2 charger but it got too hard and fiddly

plus i'm pretty impatient and my first keg naturally carbed had a tiny leak so i got nothing after 2 weeks...used some co2 bulbs to push it out but it's flat

FYI... you can get 540g CO2 tanks on ebay for as low as $35 but most go for $50-60 ... even cheapo regulator is only $40 ... probably $100 all up .. that should see you through 5 kegs maybe

Well done on getting setup and into kegging! Now that you're up and running with some gear, it's just a matter of pottering away with the setup. Kegging changed my life and it looks like it has for you too!

Clint

thanks mate cant wait to get a proper setup one day

buy a second hand CO2 fire extinguisher... you'll find one for $20 on fleabay if you are patient

FYI... you can get 540g CO2 tanks on ebay for as low as $35 but most go for $50-60 ... even cheapo regulator is only $40 ... probably $100 all up .. that should see you through 5 kegs maybe

cheers guys i will have to keep an eye on ebay sounds like good ideas

Clint

thanks mate cant wait to get a proper setup one day

cheers guys i will have to keep an eye on ebay sounds like good ideas
just a posting tip...

the middle 1/2 of your posting here is quotes from other people, .. the start and the finish are your text...

if you use the "quote" and "reply" features, at the bottom right hand corner of each thread,... your new posting will contain the quotes from others in a box.. and who you are quoting...

this will make your postings easier for everyone else to understand.....

I picked up an empty 5kg extinguisher at the recycling shop at the tip today for $20
very happy :D

so $210 and i am kegging my brew and a happy brewer ...

Ahem cough cough. Your budget looks skewed. Cheap arse on the gear but not the beer?
If we say $10 per bottle, there is $170 worth of import beer in the door of your fridge... :ph34r:

* Friendly shit stir intended*

Just called my local fire extinguisher shop, and they quoted me $180 to fill my extinguisher :(
and the local microbrewery don't even want to touch it

Just called my local fire extinguisher shop, and they quoted me $180 to fill my extinguisher :(
and the local microbrewery don't even want to touch it

update your location there maybe someone from the area who may assist with the re-fills

when my fridge blew up i went in for the whole nine yards. only bad thing about it is the first thing every drongo asks is "does the font freeze up?" thats old.
six cold kegs and the gas bottle, or 2 kegs and a full size with another fitting. i call it kegatron
256841_211609672212834_100000914083603_623833_6209009_o1.jpg

Just bought a new 155L chest freezer today. The plan is to build a collar & turn it into a three keg kegerator...

Question for you chaps with chest freezers: Where do you place the temperature probe for the temperature controller? I will be using an STC-1000. Currently I strap it to the side of a keg with electrical tape, but after a more permanent solution that doesnt require re-strapping each time I replace a keg.

Cheers.

I use styrofoam wrapped in bubblewrap and strapped to the side of the FV with an ocky strap.

I drilled a hole in the top of a crown cap filled the tallie up with water and put the probe threw the lid and into the water and siliconed the hole back up. Its a standard stc 1000 temp probe and I wasnt sure if it would work submerged or not but its been about 8 months now with no adverse affects. Could just be a fluke that it works like that or they could work well submerged I couldnt see where liquid could get in so took the risk. If you plan to do it this way you take the risk dont blame me if it stuffs up.

Nice setup mate.
The taps from Andale are they Floryte or the D.A snaplocks?
Also, are the tap nozzles, standard, flushout or threaded nozzles?

Here

Cheers

Oops, missed this post.

The nozzles screw in, so I guess they're threaded? The taps are the floryte taps.

This is my set up so far,

started out with old fridge which i also used for a fermenting fridge with a beer gun when the 1 keg i had was empty

keg.jpg

then i went an brought a $30 chest freezer and started kitting it out

keezer3.jpg

keezer2.jpg

keezer4.JPG

and more recently in the last couple days another keg and tap turned up, although the new tap had a different handle which i'll have to sort lol

keezer6.jpg

as you can see i have plenty of room for expansion with this freezer lol

What Every Kitchen Needs ;

Heres my Kegging setup it has a Stainless Bosch Fridge with 4 Celli stainless taps. The fridge can fit 5 kegs, I just need to set my gas lines up. I have a 4 block gas manifold ready to go in the fridge and the gas bottle can hook up through the side. The taps were a birthday present, Pretty cool birthday present I recon. Not going to put a drip tray on the fridge as I think it will detract from the look, and I don't think it needs one anyway, the Celli taps are pretty good and don't drip much so have just been using a towel or bar runner on the floor which seems to work fine. :icon_cheers:

Holes drilled
fridge_3.jpg
.​
.​
.​
Finished Product :beerbang:

Fridge_2.jpg Fridge_1.jpg

Back