Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have finished the bar and while I was at it I put in 2 more taps!

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

Here is my set up I just built.
Only recently started brewing & now have to get the taste for beer lol (I'm a bourbon man myself)

You could always do a keg of premixed bourbon and dry/cola using Bag in Box syrup or sodastream syrups. Most of these actually taste quite good with a kegging system as you can get the required high carbonation levels

You could always do a keg of premixed bourbon and dry/cola using Bag in Box syrup or sodastream syrups. Most of these actually taste quite good with a kegging system as you can get the required high carbonation levels

Is the (assumed) saving using syrups worth the hassle over using bottled Coke/cheap Cola? I also assume you're batching this in a keg as opposed to a full-blown bag-in-box modern post-mix set-up?

Nice kegerators lads, ;) This is my set-up in a 8' x 6' shed, I brew and serve my beers from it! :eek:
Shedbrewery.jpg

Brew stand and equipment.
Brewery.jpg

Beer Chiller
Fridgewithkegs.jpg

Nice kegerators lads, ;) This is my set-up in a 8' x 6' shed, I brew and serve my beers from it! :eek:
Shedbrewery.jpg

Brew stand and equipment.
Brewery.jpg

Beer Chiller
Fridgewithkegs.jpg

BB, thanks for the pics. Very neat n tidy set up there. How many people have you squeezed in there? I hope you have heating in that little shed come winter! Whats the pic of the beer chiller with the upside down bowl and industrial sized hosing?

great, now theres another thing I really want... a brewing shed, damn that is awesome!

BB, thanks for the pics. Very neat n tidy set up there. How many people have you squeezed in there? I hope you have heating in that little shed come winter! Whats the pic of the beer chiller with the upside down bowl and industrial sized hosing?
The upside down bowl and hosing is on top of the boiler (there's a 10" hole in the lid that the bowl covers), I can do a boil with the door shut in winter and all the steam goes outside, works really well.... The hosing is a shower extractor fan hose!
Sheds too small for people to stand in, at winter time I keep nipping in to pour a pint then take it indoors, summertime (if that's the right word over here..lol) I nip in the shed, pull a pint and sit in the garden. :)

BB

The upside down bowl and hosing is on top of the boiler (there's a 10" hole in the lid that the bowl covers), I can do a boil with the door shut in winter and all the steam goes outside, works really well.... The hosing is a shower extractor fan hose!
Sheds too small for people to stand in, at winter time I keep nipping in to pour a pint then take it indoors, summertime (if that's the right word over here..lol) I nip in the shed, pull a pint and sit in the garden. :)

BB

COOL idea with the steam extractor. Bet it gets nice n toasty in the shed in winter when your brewing. I just presumed you'd take it all outside and brew......oh and I know about your summertimes......they were just as shite as mine living on the other side of the border with the red rose.
Cheers
Steve

COOL idea with the steam extractor. Bet it gets nice n toasty in the shed in winter when your brewing. I just presumed you'd take it all outside and brew......oh and I know about your summertimes......they were just as shite as mine living on the other side of the border with the red rose.
Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve,
Sheds warm as toast, lock the door, no wife and kids allowed in.....
Winter this year was quite harsh, check this snowman out that a few jokers did in Blackpool. (Mods,please remove if it offends)
snowmanblackpool.jpg

BB

Hi Steve,
Sheds warm as toast, lock the door, no wife and kids allowed in.....
Winter this year was quite harsh, check this snowman out that a few jokers did in Blackpool. (Mods,please remove if it offends)
snowmanblackpool.jpg

BB
:lol: :lol: How could that offend. Thats fuckin funny.

G'Day All -

Jsut took a few crappy phone snaps of my fine handywork from last night.. Gettin pumped its all coming together!

Will definately post up better pics of the job when I actually complete it.

One tap for now (I want celli's, but one of these is all the budget stretches to at the moment) spaced to allow for 4 along the front.
I will be getting two kegs to start with this weekend, perhaps even keg the IPA I have in the ferment fridge! Although i'm a bit hesitant to learn how my system works on a nice ready-to-bottle brew..

I was thinking of first brewing a lager, which I can lager in one keg, then in the meantime, brew a quick crowdpleaser to stick in the the keg, and learn how to use my system on it.. Then I wont be as upset seeing it turn to foam out the tap when i screw it all up..

A big thanks to the entire AHB community for the inspiration -
Would never have used a chesty with collar if it werent for other people out there sharing how they did theirs..

11.JPG
22.JPG
33.JPG

Cheers!

JD

Looking good mate. What sort of wood is that? It'd look nice if you tried to use the same wood to cover the lid and had side bits on it too that matched up with the collar.

Looking good mate. What sort of wood is that? It'd look nice if you tried to use the same wood to cover the lid and had side bits on it too that matched up with the collar.

Dad and I can't work out what sort of timber it is -
Dad salvaged it from an oil storage room at an old garage he pulled down in town, It used to be the floor boards - probably been there 50+ years.
It is really dense - and bloody heavy!
Lots of dusty greasy crap on the outside -

Was about 50mm thick when we constructed it, made it fairly square, using the internal dimentions I wanted, to match up with the lip of the freezer - then planed the whole thing down to about 40mm, taking it back to the decent timber. I didn't mind if it had overhang externally, I might do something around the outside - or just finishe it off with some quad.

It has a slight warp, but Ive used a foam strip between the freezer and collar to take this up.

It has no finish yet - needs a fine sand, and I might use a wax to bring out the colour.

Yeah was thinking about doing a lid - but dont think i'll use the same timber for that...

Will post decent pics after the weekend - hopefully going to finish it off when I get the rest of my gear!

Even decided to hold off bottling my IPA so I can keg it this weekend :beer:

Hey guys i scored this on ebay the other night, picked it up 2nite and to my surprise it holds 6 kegs with zero mods!

by the way this is fridge number 6...SWMBO non too impressed :) nah she loves it, just means more chance of having her beer on tap.

gallery_10325_462_10211.jpg

gallery_10325_462_28219.jpg

havent turned it on yet though.....heres hoping it works :)

Hi all,

Check out my new bar....

I have been building this Custom roll away bar :beerbang: for weekend get togethers with my mates, at there houses! Still got a few things to do! Need to connect the beer line to the kegs etc. I also have a temprite which I picked up a off Ebay, which I need to get going.... Anyone have any info on temprites???

would appreciate comments....

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_001.jpg

OK - Finally got off my butt and took some pics of the bar setup!

One at a time..

Cheers

JD
bar.GIF

inside.GIF

Ultimately - i'll be able to fit 4 kegs, and have 4 taps -

CO2 being outside the fridge - but for now, and just so I have a beer to pour - this is it!

Pumped!

Hi all,

Check out my new bar....

I have been building this Custom roll away bar :beerbang: for weekend get togethers with my mates, at there houses! Still got a few things to do! Need to connect the beer line to the kegs etc. I also have a temprite which I picked up a off Ebay, which I need to get going.... Anyone have any info on temprites???

would appreciate comments....

You should look at having a ice bucket that fits 2 kegs so you can run both taps :p

Looks awesome btw... :icon_cheers:

Back