Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those two freezer setups are amazing!

I just setup my kegerator! I've never been this happy :D Pouring the first beer from my tap was better than seeing the birth of my Son.

I'll post pics when I've finished painting it.

Pouring the first beer from my tap was better than seeing the birth of my Son.

hahahaha.... Don't let the mrs read that, or you'll likely be cut off from pouring your second :lol:

Mark - I use liquid chalk markers for my board. Very easy to write with and much neater than regular chalk. I'll most likely be modding the chalk board itself with either a coat of clear enamel, or a black enamel paint. Having issues wiping the board off as I only had enough chalk paint for one coat. Might have worked better with two or three...

Cheers!

Yeah painting the lid is a bit too much effort. I found a liquid chalk pen in my toolbox from my drag racing days that does the trick for scribbling vital keg details above each tap. wipes off with a damp cloth...

Thats actually 2 drip trays, pretty cheap too compared to the tiny 1 tap tray I had on my last fridge. $15US + freight. I think worked out to $40 each delivered from USA. I bought them at separate times though so maybe combined would work out cheaper still... (4 taps was ok for a few weeks until I had 8 kegs in it & got sick of openining the lid :lol: )
www.barproducts.com/ Search bar > Drip tray

Yeah a few kegs very regular rotation, a few others on slow rotation & a couple that are there for a long haul. (flanders red will be in for years at the rate I can stomach it)

The rest of your FRA is still waiting for me :)

I only just went kegging a few months ago, but I am embarassed to post because it is a little jury rig still.

Those two freezer setups are amazing!

I just setup my kegerator! I've never been this happy :D Pouring the first beer from my tap was better than seeing the birth of my Son.

I'll post pics when I've finished painting it.

Don't paint your son. Just be happy with the colour he came in originally.

Also, to all future keggers out there, John Guest fittings are amazing and they changed my life!

PS I love Ross

just a quickie finally keg now after about 10 years of bottling mine is a chest freezer a f&p 215 litre with a collar the collar is 100 x 50 rhs 3mm gal welded from offcut from work and cladded inside with surfmist colourbond (offcut) and checker plate(offcut) from work and has been filled inside with space invader total cost 25 bucks the taps oare 3 perlicks 525 (from ebay us) and two brumby style taps and still have more gas lines to add and will have all jg fittings

100_1855.JPG

100_1858.JPG

I know it's far from the slickest setup but it's still my pride and joy.

Found the fridge under the house, asked my landlord who's it was, he said he didn't know and I claimed it as my own!

IMG_0292.jpg

Inside the fridge, it fits 4 kegs perfectly, Chips, pies and frozen pizzas live in the freezer compartment.

IMG_0295-1.jpg

and here's the brewery, 3x 30L fermenters and 2x 60L fermenters (you can just see one in the cupboard) with the kererator right next to the door ;) The CO2 bottle is in the cupboard closest to the fridge with the gas line going around the back.

IMG_0294.jpg

It's all in a strange little room in my house that comes off the kitchen, it's way to small to be a bedroom or study and way too big for a pantry, so I made it my brewery\server room. The servers keep it warm in winter and I've got some AC to keep it cool in summer :D

just finished mine on the weekend, should get a good work out this weekend as its my birthday today so im having a party on saturday :beerbang:

chest_freezer_7.JPG chest_freezer_8.JPGchest_freezer_9.JPG

a guy at work made me handles, solid brass they look awesome

cheers,

Stewart

These are all so impressive! I think the hardest part is not knowing what to spend my money on first - Every thread I read I add something new to my list! I really am a fan of the wooden top Mark, looks good :)

Hi all,

I am putting my finishing touches together this weekend. All I need to do is add the drip tray on the front and poor away!
moore pics soon.

Cheers

IMG_0391.jpg

ohhhh someones been knocking off asahi 15's. :lol:

all done. did a bit of cutting and welding and repainting the wire shelves and made a half bottom shelf.

Picture021-1.jpg

now keg fits like a glove and havent lost too much room. and got the light that hasnt worked in 5 years working. :)

Picture020-1.jpg

now to fill with some beer

just cant go past the can of wife beater you have in the fridge mate

Here is my set up I just built.
Only recently started brewing & now have to get the taste for beer lol (I'm a bourbon man myself)

frontfridge.jpg

sidefridge.jpg

insidefridge.jpg

Back