Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd better post some pics of my setup now that it's complete!

Shot of the plumbing going upstairs. The black elbows are John Guest Flow-Bend elbows - stop the beer line kinking. Note the flood line for the font going in as well.
View attachment 37198

Brew day planned sometime soon to formally christen it :)

Cheers!

This is Brilliance.

A dream!

Thanks for sharing!

Just noticed the drip tray goes into a bucket downstairs.

That could result in some interesting dares or drinking games.

I remember my 18th birthday we had a bucket as a drip tray and when the keg ran out I drank straight from the bucket bahahaha.

LOL, nah, the drip tray drains onto the lawn.... Not a bad idea for when Chappo's here though.........

:ph34r:

A very nice set-up indeed Nick, and the beers were all excellent as well.

Brew day planned sometime soon to formally christen it

Cheers!

Do it before I go away again (even though I'll be in town I think) ;) Looking forward to leaning on the rail and taking in that view once more !

Batz

You're more than welcome anytime mate! :)

Cheers

I've finally finished my bar! Hooray!

It has taken me longer than I care to admit and the poor old car has been sitting outside while this baby has taken its space in the garage in various stages of construction!

I suppose to be fair I've been a bit of a perfection with some aspects of this one, and have for example looked for the 'right' drip tray and I had the font and taps reconditioned by Andale and so many other things, which explains some of the delay, but then so does getting married somewhere in between.

PIC_0109.jpg
PIC_0110.jpg
PIC_0111.jpg
PIC_0112.jpg
PIC_0113.jpg
PIC_0114.jpg
PIC_0115.jpg
PIC_0116.jpg

Some problems ended up being good things, like me accidentally breaking the wire between the freezers thermostat and its temp probe. Solution was to hard wire the fridgemate into the freezer and remove a whole lot of redundant wires etc. Works like a charm and still plenty of space inside the compressor area for some other future upgrades perhaps.

It's a F&P H275X freezer like Nick's one above.

I may flood the font in future.

Mark ya *******,

That is F&%KING awesome mate....

How long has it taken? You will get 4 kegs in there and a gas bottle yeah?

Again, an extremely nice rig!

If I was in QLD I would swing around for a glass, I love my beer at 25* :p ;)

:icon_cheers:

Mark ya *******,

That is F&%KING awesome mate....

How long has it taken? You will get 4 kegs in there and a gas bottle yeah?

Again, an extremely nice rig!

If I was in QLD I would swing around for a glass, I love my beer at 25* :p ;)

:icon_cheers:

I reckon in total hours it's taken about 25 hours. Like if I had the same parts handy in a work shop and just made one from start to finish about 25 hours. But if you add in driving around, searching Ebay, getting married, working, having a social life and all that, about 6 months.

It'll get 5 kegs and a gas bottle and a half keg on the hump, or perhaps 6 kegs on the floor, a smaller gas bottle, and a small keg on the hump (possibly).

As for the temp haha I'd only just turned it on, basically I screwed the last screw in, turned it on, and then took photos straight away hahaha. It got down to 4 degrees in under an hour. Gotta love chest freezers.

That looks awesome! I wanted some of that Mini-Orb in blue for mine, but ordered the wrong type.

Especially like how you've bent the iron around the freezer - really wanted to do that with mine but had no idea how, oh well!

Cheers!

Thats nice Mark. Is that just the one piece of corrugated tin wrapped round. I like the curved corners. Hows it fixed on? Just rivetts?
Cheers
Steve

Edit: Hows the wood fixed to the top of the lid?

What I did was I got some timber from bunnings that was about 1cm thick by about 4cm wide. I glued it on at various places using liquid nails, and then I had these tiny little screws that I screwed the mini orb into the wood with. A sharp nail made the pilot hole before screwing in, no drill even needed.

The wrap around was actually deceptively easy. The wood mentioned above, I had a big strip horizontally at the top and bottom of the front of the freezer, but I didn't make it go all the way to the edge. I stopped it about an inch before the edge. That way when the mini orb bent around the corner it gave it that rounded effect. As far as bending goes it was literally a case of just bend it around and screw it in, was really quite easy.

There's actually four sheets of mini orb there, or two sheets cut in half with an angle grinder anyway.

The wood on top is attached to the top of the freezer lid with some screws. the screws are all hidden under the lip of the recessed drip tray. They screw directly into the metal of the top of the freezer and hold very well.

What I did was I got some timber from bunnings that was about 1cm thick by about 4cm wide. I glued it on at various places using liquid nails, and then I had these tiny little screws that I screwed the mini orb into the wood with. A sharp nail made the pilot hole before screwing in, no drill even needed.

The wrap around was actually deceptively easy. The wood mentioned above, I had a big strip horizontally at the top and bottom of the front of the freezer, but I didn't make it go all the way to the edge. I stopped it about an inch before the edge. That way when the mini orb bent around the corner it gave it that rounded effect. As far as bending goes it was literally a case of just bend it around and screw it in, was really quite easy.

There's actually four sheets of mini orb there, or two sheets cut in half with an angle grinder anyway.

The wood on top is attached to the top of the freezer lid with some screws. the screws are all hidden under the lip of the recessed drip tray. They screw directly into the metal of the top of the freezer and hold very well.

Two easy. Job well done.
Cheers
Steve

love ya work, where'd you get that drip tray? I've just got a font the same for my kegerator but can't find the tray..

Do you know how high top is ? i've put 100mm castors on my kegerator which obviously raised the top and I think the font will be to high once its been installed.

I've finally finished my bar! Hooray!

It has taken me longer than I care to admit and the poor old car has been sitting outside while this baby has taken its space in the garage in various stages of construction!

I suppose to be fair I've been a bit of a perfection with some aspects of this one, and have for example looked for the 'right' drip tray and I had the font and taps reconditioned by Andale and so many other things, which explains some of the delay, but then so does getting married somewhere in between.

View attachment 37213
View attachment 37214
View attachment 37215
View attachment 37216
View attachment 37217
View attachment 37218
View attachment 37219
View attachment 37220

Some problems ended up being good things, like me accidentally breaking the wire between the freezers thermostat and its temp probe. Solution was to hard wire the fridgemate into the freezer and remove a whole lot of redundant wires etc. Works like a charm and still plenty of space inside the compressor area for some other future upgrades perhaps.

It's a F&P H275X freezer like Nick's one above.

I may flood the font in future.

I got the drip tray off Ebay. To be honest although it looks good I probably would have been better off with just a normal counter top dry tray. It would have been much easier to install the font directly to the wood and this drip tray doesn't drain perfectly anyway, there's usually some amount of liquid to wipe up unfortunately.

It was second hand off Ebay for about $80.

Mark - just had to post to say I'm extremely impressed by your work.

Well done!!

BTW I am going to put labels behind each tap, round ones that'll fit in the holders that are attached.

I can't decide between the following ideas...

1 - Cut out round bits of wood, paint with blackboard paint and write the beer name with chalk.
2 - Cut out round bits of metal and attach to holders, then make up magnets that I stick to the round bits of metal. I think you can get magnet sheets now that you can print onto with normal bubble jet printers, so I could make up fancy labels and have more labels than holders so that I could keep them for when I next make the same type of beer (ie one for amber ale, one for ESB, one for IPA etc).
3 - Glue mail velcro to the holders and make up labels with female velcro that I stick on similar to the magnet idea above but the labels themselves could be made out of wood or anything, including blackboard wood.

2 is probably my preferred option but won't be the easiest or cheapest.

Number 2 sounds great - but I agree - a bit more effort required.

You might find it tricky with the chalk idea to get it nice - taps in the way of writing neatly? (if your OCD like me :p )

plus chalk is messy.. dust, chalk, smudges,

you can get whiteboard stick on film from a cheapo shop, you could use coloured whiteboard pens and do a pretty neat job..

you can get whiteboard stick on film from a cheapo shop, you could use coloured whiteboard pens and do a pretty neat job..

ahh yes that was the fourth idea i had haha

that way i can easily use different colours. only problem is I don't like the idea of a white default background.

I think two will be the go though. In the mean time I can just use cardboard and double sided tape.

Back