Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

Nice setup there Under. Looks like 4 taps on the outside, and only 2 lines out from the inside? :huh:

Top setup nonetheless. Drip Tray to finish it? :)

@under

4 taps!! I wish I had four kegs let alone for taps. I'm still keeping on with my bronco.

PS. What's with the glasses in the fridge? Cold glasses = longer to warm up = less aroma.

Edit: I suppose if I had four kegs and four taps it wouldn't matter where I kept my glasses.

Theres 4 taps and 4 lines. Only 2 kegs in atm. So the other lines are rolled up and inside the crisper bit where I have the shanks entering the fridge (they are on both sides). It keeps it nice and tidy.

The black QD on the shelf is for force carbing through the beer out.

Glasses in the fridge to save room inside. Its a place for them to live :D Thats all.

Actually I should tidy it up and take another photo from the front showing the whole setup without all the clutter.

As for a drip tray, im getting my uncle to fabricate something nice for the drip tray

IMG_1204-1.jpg

Something along the design of this quick sketch. Where the stainless will be hole sawed and slide over the shanks, then the taps fixed. For the tray I was going to get something laser cut into the actual tray top part (lol). Pretty much in the works anyways. Im pretty happy with the entire build including the moveable trolly I made for the 2 fridges / 1 freezer I have outside.

Heres my finished fermenting fridge aswell, with the temp controller :p Its been a long time coming.

IMG_1205.jpg

DSCN2458.jpg

DSCN2460.jpg

DSCN2480.jpg

I now use a soda stram bottle so it all fits neaty inside the fridge. The fridge thermostat is pretty good to, at high, it pours at 2deg and i can set it fairly well for 4 and 6deg.

Pimpin setup! LOL

Why do people rarely go for fonts with their chest freezers?

Yeah, $$$ if you want it flooded and your beer to stay cold. Even when flooded, it acts like a big heatsink and makes your fridge/chesty work harder. On a chesty it aslo can be difficult opening the lid if there is a wall behind it.
....but they do look pretty sweet. ;)

Bonj: love the carved tap. My brother has been carving little toys and stuff out of balsa lately and I've been bugging him to make me some - I shall send him a pic as inspiration!

tyreman: awesome bar.

Drew: Looks good, mind sharing any info on what you did to mount the FM in the collar?

under: Awesome work with the fitting and especailly the gas manifold, very pro.

IMG_0083.jpg

My Current setup

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

bought this of Ebay ($70!!! feekin steal! :icon_chickcheers: ) (I also bought the 3xKegs + bigass gas bottle and a S.S. beergun + few other random bits like disconects for $350, I think in total I have spent $350+$100(taps and facet)+$70+$100(for the timber and corogated iorn to complete)=$620... a heck of a lot better than what I expected)

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

Endresult.jpg

Will look like this in a few weeks with a bit of luck. Except it will have facet from my current bar fridge, and that will go as a fermenter fridge. Oh and I'll have a normal drip try not that snazzy built in one!

just got given a keg king setup for my 21st birthday from my mates!!! talk about awsome friends...

ity I've dis-located my knee and can't setup/brew for a while :(

LOL. Yeah the wood looks ok and it fitted it perfectly. It was actually an old clean stake from the garden. :D

IMG_3235.JPGIMG_3233.JPG

Has 3 taps but holds 4 kegs.
Looking to sell to upgrade to a chest freezer with 6 taps.

Hey all

Just about to set-up my taps on my chest freezer and just needed a bit of info from a more experienced crowd. I got some shanks and perlick taps and need to drill the holes in the wood to fit the shanks. Question is: What drill bit should i use?

I have a drill, but the only bits i have for it are screw bits and the like, no big hole bits or anything. If anyone could give me the dimensions of the bits / the name of the bits (spade?), that would be awesome!

Cheer,
Nick.

Yeah, spade bit is the name. Just be careful when you are drilling thru. Go in from the outside until you see just the point of the drill breaking thru then drill from the inside by picking up on that point, otherwise you can rip out some large and ugly splinters as the spade itself breaks through.

Latest posts

Back