Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay here's my Bar and brewery set up ...

First Tap/Bar set up ... out on the bbq deck. Still in use.
First_Bar.jpg
New Bar/Brewery
New_Bar.jpg New_Bar_2.jpg
Working Side ... Ikea bench units with Dishwasher abd Glasses Fridge under.
Bar_Back.jpg
6 Keg Freezer with timber collar & external gas bottles (1 x Beer Gas, 1 x Nitro for Stouts etc.)
Taps_General_Shot.jpg Taps_Close_up.jpg Gas_Set_Up.jpg
Freezer set up - Black gadget on back is a computer fan to circulate air in the freezer.
Freezer_Inside.jpg Freezer_Inside_2.jpg
Brewery Rig
Brewery_02.jpg
Fermenting Fridge - the wine had to go ...
Bar_Fridge.jpg

Attachments

• New_Bar_2.jpg
    New_Bar_2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 202
:eek: ghhb that is one seriously impressive bar and brew area! It must have taken ages to set it all up like that! Going to be building my outdoor bar over the Christmas holidays, although it'll be nothing on the scale of that setup.

That looks great. Top job.
Do you brew where the rig is sitting??
Place is so nice and clean and tidy.
Nice work.

Love the BBG as well. Fantastic :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Bud

Well i think we just found out were all the Toowoomba brewers will be. ;)

Nice work.

Brad

been meaning to do this for a while

the new and improved set up

had a chest freezer that only held 6 kegs and was a pain to open

picked up the fridge from an auction

garden red gum sleepers from bunnings and an electric plainer

tap came from the old set up

brother picked up the engine in the uk after i bought it on ebay.

sleepers were rough sawn, and needed a lot of plaining and sanding, glued and bolted together with thread rod, then painted with glass coat- the single most expensive part of the project.

the wood has warped a bit and not flat as it was, if it has stopped now, should be ok.

fridge goes ok but a bit louder than the freezer may get it serviced soon

in all reasonably happy, makes a great bar and dinner table

frontbar.JPG

backofbar.JPG

bunderberg_128.JPG

bar_001.JPG

bar_002.JPG

That looks great. Top job.
Do you brew where the rig is sitting??
Place is so nice and clean and tidy.
Nice work.

Love the BBG as well. Fantastic :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Bud

Yes ... brew right where it sits ... the back wall (and the bar front) is covered with those thin rock like tiles ... which I picked us at only $30/sqm at a remnant sale instead of $130/sqm. Now I guess firing up the mongolian burner inside a room is technically dodgy ... and the room does get a bit warm if I brew back to back ... but the room is also air conditioned. This also helps to control fermentation temperature all year round ...although I do have another fridge behind the grinder for fermenting lagers and lagering kegs. Might add a roof vent next year with the tax return cheque.

The bar and brewery has ended up the second most used room in the house ... only problem is we're drinking every night ... not that there's anything wrong with that :beer:

Slowly getting my setup done
put the wheels on and put the freezer in today
all thats left is the temp controler, spotted gum top, the white mini orb sides, the beer/gas lines and glycol tank and pump
PA260033.JPG PA260034.JPG
PA260035.JPG PA260036.JPG

Cheers

Nath

Okay here's my Bar and brewery set up ...

First Tap/Bar set up ... out on the bbq deck. Still in use.
View attachment 32308
New Bar/Brewery
View attachment 32312 View attachment 32300
Working Side ... Ikea bench units with Dishwasher abd Glasses Fridge under.
View attachment 32302
6 Keg Freezer with timber collar & external gas bottles (1 x Beer Gas, 1 x Nitro for Stouts etc.)
View attachment 32303 View attachment 32304 View attachment 32307
Freezer set up - Black gadget on back is a computer fan to circulate air in the freezer.
View attachment 32306 View attachment 32305
Brewery Rig
View attachment 32309
Fermenting Fridge - the wine had to go ...
View attachment 32310

F*(&^%ck me dead!

WOW! That is an amazing setup, you could almost charge people entry to the that joint!

WOW! That is an amazing setup, you could almost charge people entry to the that joint!

i was just about to ask where this pub is located at..........

i wouldnt mind stopping in for an beer and a steak at that establishment.

very very well done !!!!!!!

a credit to the owner :beer:

Ernie

Well Sunday arvo we knocked up the new collar for the chest freezer that replaced my old one that died. Still second time around its a piece of piss though with lessons learnt from the first.

Basically 4 sides of 19mm wood with smaller also 19mm thick batons running along the top and bottom inside to give a better surface area to stick it down and for the fridge seals to sit. The middle then gets plugged with polystyrene to insulate and its easy to cut it and wedge it in nice and tight. Gas line feeds thru from outside and so to the temp probe. The wire basket is perfect to mount the pc fan blowing cold air on the back of the tap shanks and hold my hops, candi sugar and stubbies of yeast sit on the compressor hump. A suction cup bathroom shelf serves as drip tray .

Its still going to get some more bling with some decals I have planned to work with the funky red collar . A fourth tap hole is plugged up ready and awaing a fourth tap. I'm pretty happy with end result. Upgrades will include a 5 valve manifold, more kegs (can fit two on the hump and maybe wheels. Going to be a hit this summer I think.

DSCF2809.jpg

DSCF2813.jpg

DSCF2815.jpg

DSCF2807.jpg

i just set mine up today! excited about my first keg! all i need now it the soda stream bottle adaptor and its all done. (till i get a proper gas bottle)

fridge1.jpg

will strengthen the clearanced wire shelf and make a half bottom shelf

fridge2.jpg

bit of chopping and heat gunning had the door shelves scalloped to clear the keg

fridge3.jpg

Very practical setup there WHYPSI.

GHHB I think you just caused a stir in nearly every australian males pants with that setup!
VERY NICE!

Mark,

i bought it as a kit and the guy i bought it off put it together as i wasnt keen to drill holes and stuff a new fridge.

the fridge,taps,font,beer lines and all fittings,gas splitter tap,regulator,2 x kegs,jim beam drip tray,digital keg thermometer.

cost $830 delivered

now i have 2 extra kegs with brews waiting and going to buy a party keg for my outings.

Ernie

Back