Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks sweet. How have you set up the engine to pull from the kegs? I'm in the process of hacking some keg lids to use a 1/2" bulkhead fitting so I don't have to pull through the beer out post. Nice looking pump clip too - reminds me I need to go through mine to pick out some goodun's and then sell the rest.

Thanks mate. I haven't hooked the beer engine up properly as yet but will be going the bulhead thru the corny lid route with some of beerbelly's 1/2" wire ribbed hose.

I'm also waiting on a cask aspirator and a demand valve from the UK. Since it won't need too much C02 I'm thinking about hooking the keg up to a sodastream bottle like Guest Lurker has done since I have the adaptor and a spare reg already.

Jez

Doesn't the cask aspirator do the same job as a demand valve except the aspirator is on the gas side and valve on the beer side? Not seen any setups using both.

Hi All

First post..... Just like to say thanks for everyone posting their photos.... there's some beautiful beer fridges, some works of art and well just some plain old functional jobs as well - all have contributed to ideas. Anyway here's my effort.
F&P 215L Freezer, ETC - 300 temp controler mounted in compressor space, 110mm collar, enough space for 5 kegs plus gas.
View attachment 25378
View attachment 25379

Drip Tray comming soon!

Hi Mate

What font and taps have you got there? look like just the thing i am after!

Cheers

Paul

Doesn't the cask aspirator do the same job as a demand valve except the aspirator is on the gas side and valve on the beer side? Not seen any setups using both.

I thought most setups do use both - the aspirator for the gas side to keep a light blanket of C02 on the beer and the demand valve on the beer side close to the handpump. I read that a lot of beer engines have a built in non-return valve but a lot of of them are crap hence the use of a demand valve too.

At least that was the impression I got after looking at a few pics and opinions over on the jimsbeerkit forum.

Jez

I think you can use either one, no need for both. Aspirator keeps the pressure in the kegs at around atmospheric and under CO2 so it won't push beer into the engine. The on demand means you can have the pressure in the kegs and will only open as you pull the handle. This way allows you to have a higher carbed beer. Guess it depends what you want.

I think you can use either one, no need for both. Aspirator keeps the pressure in the kegs at around atmospheric and under CO2 so it won't push beer into the engine. The on demand means you can have the pressure in the kegs and will only open as you pull the handle. This way allows you to have a higher carbed beer. Guess it depends what you want.

Aha, ok. Now I get it. Thanks dude.

Jez

Still needs a lot of work. Will fit 6 kegs when its completed. managed to get SHMBO to agree to a 6 tap U type beer font only because i gave up 2 - one for her soda water and one for the kids soft drink. small price to pay i guess.

I have 2 kegs at the moment on a pluto already have mates ringing up and asking if im home as they pull into the drive way for a free beer lol.

100_3878.JPG

100_3879.JPG

100_3880.JPG

100_3881.JPG

100_3882.JPG

utypefont.jpg

Hi guys. Great thread! And my inspiration to build 'Libby' :beerbang: . I wanted a family friendly drinks cart that you wouldn't mind having in your house, mind you she is still relegated to the gamesroom/basement but I am working on that. My mate and I have wheeled it down the street a couple of times for a party but I have found that the novelty value causes people to drink more and end up messy.

I basically rippped off bits and bobs from various jobs on this thread so I thank you all. I'm having problems getting the collar finnish I am after but once I sus that out a final clean up inside and out. She fits 4 kegs... just. Thats why I had to make the collar so high. Dual reg from Batz tweaked a bit... thanks mate. Fan and fridgemate hardwired and fridgemate mounted in compressor cavity. 3 Celli's... I love them. 'Kids corner' on the end for softdrink, the kids think its tops! B)

Libby1.JPGLibby2.JPGLibby3.JPG

No worries mate. Pic below. The collar is 40mm thick too so I have just used countersunk, 40mm, 8g screws in each reg base. Pretty solid but you have to take the lot off to tinker.

DSC01107.JPG

Here's my rigged-up quasi real ale system. Alright, it's not a "kegging setup" but it's what I use in its place. This kinda/sorta approximates cask ale and the pump is a low budget beer engine.

View attachment 26831

View attachment 26829

The refrigerator has a Ranco thermostat set at about 10-12c to approximate cellar temps.

This system was inspired by the "real ale in a cube" concept, explained by Senior Morgan. (Thanks for the help.)

How does the air get in to the cube ?
That's where the "kinda/sorta cask ale" comes into play. You can just drain the cubitainer as is, or for a more close to cask ale experience, tilt the cubitainer and open the spigot to allow air in.

Is there an open lid not visible in the pictures?
No, just the one.

Hi chucke,

The 'cube' looks nice and small, which I think would be important for real ale at home, especially when oxygen is involved. The vessel looks like a sort of bag. I like the look of these - where did you get it from? Cheers mate.

Edit: Whoops, looks like you already named it a cubitainer before I posted. Still interested in how you hooked up the beer line...

OK, here's a picture that shows the cap/spigot. You attach plastic tubing to the spigot and the hand pump.

DSCN8115.JPG

Here's where I bought everything except the pump.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.a...roduct_id=13654

The cube is a gallon cubitainer insert and the cap/spigot is listed as 38mm Quick Serve Spigot. I don't know if this stuff is sold in your neck of the woods.

Per Mr Chuck Esq, this is the bag-in-box that alot of the UK guys use for real ale take-aways, the bag folds in on itself, hence no oxygen egress.

Scotty

Back