Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reg,

Did you get those maniflods from Chi Company? I have just ordered a 2way and 4way from them.

Eric

I got the manifolds from active_inertia.
He has reconditioned kegs for $55 each.
Cheap postage and I highly recommend.
Check out his posting in retailers section.

Not affiliated etc. just a happy customer.

Just got this baby on eBay. 700L, should be able to fit a few kegs in there, and shouldn't need a collar!

I want to sand it and paint it gloss black.. Whats the best paint to use?

da4e_1.JPG

Just got this baby on eBay. 700L, should be able to fit a few kegs in there, and shouldn't need a collar!

I want to sand it and paint it gloss black.
thats avery nice little baby, but if you paint it black, the energy consumption will rise.
Just a little hint.

:icon_cheers:

Cosmic radiation? ;)
heat radiation takes place not only within the visible light, even more within the infra red area. With an infra red camera you may see your energy loss.

:icon_cheers:

heat radiation takes place not only within the visible light, even more within the infra red area. With an infra red camera you may see your energy loss.

He he he he... On the one hand I still think the energy consumption will not increase significantly. On the other hand a black fridge has definitively some BLING the lower energy consumption of a white fridge cannot compensate... :party:

BTW: I would choose a piano varnish!

Alex

Just about finished my chest freezer conversion.
I have two 3 way gas manifolds, one for carbonating and one for dispensing.
Need to fit a fan (perhaps) and get the flooding for the font working.
Christening will happen over the next couple of days

Looks great mate!

What about gloss black book contact? easily reversable too if you change your mind.

yeh i suppose that could work, but i need to find a big role of it, that will cover the biggest surfaces!

You could try the gloss appliance spraypaks they sell at the hardware store.

It's going to take a lot of tins though, and at $15-20 a throw, a lot of money as well!

Sam

I've asked a few sign stores for black vinyl laminate... they cheapest I have been quoted is $30psq/m. I'd need about 8m, so thats a bit too expensive!!

Anyone know where I can get some large roles of normal black contact, instead of vinyl laminate?

Have you considered useing a collar. Lots of advantages to be had.
I had a font but soon switched to the collar setup, I was getting a half schooner of hot beer with my first pour even with a flooded font.

Back